Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2012, 14:18   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010
@ayedongivadam and @Arunm

Guys,

The BT is working beautifully. But i have two things to fix. Enabling voice activation and the BT music is not exactly working like BT.

I am not able to change songs in the system or steering wheel.

Are you guys able to change songs in the steering wheel or the RCD screen?
Great to hear that. I am able to use the steering wheel functions. I did not enable voice activation as i am yet to find a system which recognizes indian accents well. I am happy with the mute functionality. However i can change songs with the steering wheel. From what I remember, the steering wheel integration requires VCDS programming.
Old 21st July 2012, 22:24   #212
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8

@Aurum

I cannot change songs for sure. I can do RSAP and even write messages. But BT Audio is a dud and i can definitely hear songs and control them only on phone. THink i will have to live with it because i am not able to find one place online where similar problem with RCD510 and 9wZ exists that i could track of.
Old 22nd July 2012, 13:38   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
Thanks a lot for the pointers. Will keep these in mind. A couple of questions:
1. Why does it matter where the module is placed?
2. What does the GSM antenna do? Wont the GSM antenna of the phone be used for calls?

VW2010, will do that. As of now, the dealer seems difficult. I'm trying to see if I can make it work , once I land up there with the part, and make them understand how simple it is, and similar to what they already do.
Aurum, have you already installed the module from Tornado Motors workshop in Andheri ? How did it go ? Were they compliant and helpful ? I am planning on importing the module as well and fitting it when the car lands up at their workshop from the stockyard for PDI so that I have it up and working when I take delivery. Any thoughts on that Aurum/VW2010/Ayedongiveadam?

Old 22nd July 2012, 19:58   #214
Senior - BHPian

@Chetanya Sharma.

I am writing a full size description if this BT module installation as well as tuning. WIll be up before tomorrow EOD.

That should help you.
Old 27th July 2012, 23:19   #215
BHPian

thanks to ayedongivadam, today got the LEDs fitted in my Jetta, ordered from Dealextreme. Amazing - they really enhance the looks of the car.

Have put in LEDs for DRLs, rear number plate and front maps. All are perfect white, and except for the rear number plate lights, none throw an error. And frankly, as of today, dont care about the error...

Rear maps are in shipping and i would get those fixed as well when they come.

Will post pics shortly..

Again, thanks for ayedongivadam for the inspiration and guidance - these minor tweaks off and on do help one get attached to one's car... :-)
ipsanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2012, 13:51   #216
Senior - BHPian

When are you are attempting the Climate Control Panel Swap? I feel that will really add to the cabin of this car. Digital Readouts on the ICE will look really nice.
Old 13th August 2012, 09:42   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
When are you are attempting the Climate Control Panel Swap? I feel that will really add to the cabin of this car. Digital Readouts on the ICE will look really nice.
The panel swap is certainly on my things to do list and prioritised. I have my first service coming up in the next 40 days am planning to have the panel ordered and ready before that; althhough I still need to confirm with a VW tech that it will work as I am hoping for i.e. at a minimum it should integrate with the RCD to display temp readouts and provide the current basic functionality of mixing airflows as there is no hope in hades of full functionality.
Old 13th August 2012, 10:35   #218
Senior - BHPian

@ayedongivadam

If the need for swap is aesthetic reason i would say avoid it. If you can port the complete functionality of automatic climate control then it would make sense.

If the reason is for reading out the details in the ICE i can assure you that after the first few weeks you will keep this switched off for it just does not display anything scientific.

The console as such is looking good in your current model and this expense will not bring any drastic change.
Old 13th August 2012, 11:18   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
@ayedongivadam

If the need for swap is aesthetic reason i would say avoid it. If you can port the complete functionality of automatic climate control then it would make sense.

If the reason is for reading out the details in the ICE i can assure you that after the first few weeks you will keep this switched off for it just does not display anything scientific.

The console as such is looking good in your current model and this expense will not bring any drastic change.
I think the digi readouts look amazing and makes the cabin feel more premium. For me its a feel good factor that it provides.
The panel is 200 USD or so on Ebay so its not a big expense.
I do agree that its not worth risking if it can seriously effect the cars electronics.
nik_kapur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 11:26   #220
Senior - BHPian

Here is the actual swap of manual to electronics. The cost of parts and the process is absolutely tedious is what the forum members have been discussing.

- Volkswagen Turbo Diesel -: (Mk5) Klimatronik / Climatronic
Old 14th August 2012, 12:48   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Here is the actual swap of manual to electronics. The cost of parts and the process is absolutely tedious is what the forum members have been discussing.

- Volkswagen Turbo Diesel -: (Mk5) Klimatronik / Climatronic
What the OP in the quoted MK5 post is trying to do is add Climatronic capability to his car in addition to an upgraded (required) dual zone control panel.

What I would need to do, given that I am not after Climatronic capability (ACC) is completely skip adding the climatronic airbox alongwith the multitude of sensors and other thingamajigs. For me, since I'm only after an upgrade to the interior look and feel currently, I would need to ensure that the panel has the neccessary wiring receptacles in the back that will be able to control without degradation a Climatic unit and be able to integrate with the RCD unit in my car. I'm pretty sure I would at the most only need to play around with the center console and a bit of VAS coding.
Old 24th August 2012, 11:50   #222
BHPian

I had a query about the RTO charges - In the Jetta pricelist (B U Bhandari, Pune) the RTO charges mentioned for individuals are around 12% of the ex showroom price. Is this correct? I checked the RTO website and the tax mentioned is 7% for normal vehicles and 14% for imported vehicles.

RTO, Pune

The Jetta is CKD, so is that why the charges are 12%? But if that's the case, the Laura also is a CKD but the RTO charges seem to be around 10.4% for the TSI (Petrol) model and 12.3% for the TDI model. If the charges were different for petrol and diesel then I don't see the same difference in case of Jetta TSI, they seem to be charging 12% on petrol as well as diesel models. Is there something I am missing or is this a scam?

EDIT: Just checked with a RTO agent, and he clarified that for cars above 10 lacs, the charges are 11% for petrol and 13% for diesel cars. If that's correct then I think the charges quoted by BU Bhandari seem ok.

Last edited by MandarMax : 24th August 2012 at 11:58.
Old 2nd September 2012, 23:23   #223
BHPian

Thank you Ayedongivadam!

Took delivery of my car on 27th August, first thing I did even before taking delivery was handing out the white LEDs to the sales head and asking him to get it fitted on the car.

Followed all the suggestions you gave me,

1. 3D kagu mats
2. Original boot inlay rubber
3. Michelin Primary LC

Separate thread coming up soon.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8-phpw673cyam.jpg  

Old 4th September 2012, 18:38   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetanya Sharma View Post
Thank you Ayedongivadam!

Took delivery of my car on 27th August, first thing I did even before taking delivery was handing out the white LEDs to the sales head and asking him to get it fitted on the car.

Followed all the suggestions you gave me,

1. 3D kagu mats
2. Original boot inlay rubber
3. Michelin Primary LC

Separate thread coming up soon.
Congratulations Chetanya. That colour is the best of the lot, wish you many safe miles with your car. Looking forward to your thread.
Old 4th October 2012, 12:47   #225

@Ayedongivadam
hi, have purchased a jetta tsi in goa. Had been following this thread with interest as i knew i would be in a similar situation after my purchase.On checking the carsystems.eu website ,the bluetooth module mentioned by you is not listed.But there is a module 3C8035730C INSTEAD OF 3C803570B recommended by you.
Would like to know your feedback regarding the same before ordering it.
Once again let me thank you and appreciate the excellent work you have been doing for the forum members.
Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks