Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2012, 14:51   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8

@Aurum,

Do share your dealership experience and let me know. If the dealer is ok to install i will be getting mine quite soon.
Old 4th May 2012, 14:55   #152
BHPian

Thanks a lot for the pointers. Will keep these in mind. A couple of questions:
1. Why does it matter where the module is placed?
2. What does the GSM antenna do? Wont the GSM antenna of the phone be used for calls?

VW2010, will do that. As of now, the dealer seems difficult. I'm trying to see if I can make it work , once I land up there with the part, and make them understand how simple it is, and similar to what they already do.

Last edited by Aurum : 4th May 2012 at 15:16.
Old 4th May 2012, 15:19   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
Thanks a lot for the pointers. Will keep these in mind. A couple of questions:
1. Why does it matter where the module is placed?
2. What does the GSM antenna do? Wont the GSM antenna of the phone be used for calls?
1. Pull back your co-drivers seat. You will notice a marked out area in the carpet for wires to be run underneath to the back of the RCD unit. Another thing is I'm planning to install a under-seat drawer on the drivers side so that I don't have to reach over every time I want to put in or remove something from there. I don't know if there is going to be adequate space now.

2. The 9WZ module is both A2DP as well as rSAP bluetooth protocol capable. rSAP specifically requires an independent antennae but I'm guessing the antennae works to enhance the signal under all connectivity options.
Ayedongivadam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 15:35   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
1. Pull back your co-drivers seat. You will notice a marked out area in the carpet for wires to be run underneath to the back of the RCD unit. Another thing is I'm planning to install a under-seat drawer on the drivers side so that I don't have to reach over every time I want to put in or remove something from there. I don't know if there is going to be adequate space now.

2. The 9WZ module is both A2DP as well as rSAP bluetooth protocol capable. rSAP specifically requires an independent antennae but I'm guessing the antennae works to enhance the signal under all connectivity options.
Thanks. In my case, I thought I saw the marked out area on the driver's side and not on the passenger side. I might be wrong, and will check again.
Old 5th May 2012, 12:23   #155
BHPian

A mixed experience at the dealer this morning. At the outset, they indicated that they won't do it. Then I explained to the service manager that I have been trying for the last 8 months to get the part imported through the VW official channels. Also that the item itself is an official Volkswagen part. He seemed sympathetic, and said he will check higher up and revert within a day. Left with a hope that it might still happen. If it doesn't, I have told him that I will strike a deal with his accessories team to get it done outside the workshop, since it's such a simple job. Let's see how it goes.
Old 5th May 2012, 13:44   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If it doesn't, I have told him that I will strike a deal with his accessories team to get it done outside the workshop, since it's such a simple job. Let's see how it goes.
Aurum if still workshop refuses to do the installation, you could have it done from Pune from where Ayedongivadam got it done which is a VW workshop, with first hand experience. Mumbai-Pune drive wont hurt much considering the peace of mind. From which workshop in Mumbai are you interacting?
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2012, 10:21   #157
BHPian

Quote:
A mixed experience at the dealer this morning. ..... Let's see how it goes.
Have you spoken to the Cheif Tech at your dealerships w'kshp? I find techies to be more sympathetic to a enthusiasts cause than anyone else in the dealership chain. Come to think of it I have not approached my showroom guys even once after the signing of my cars papers but am on first name basis with the worderful w'kshp staff.

Access to VAS is required to unlock and/or change the coding to activate telephone functionality for your car. It will have to be the w'kshp people that install your BT module and not the accessories section. Book an appointment with your w'kshp for whatever reason (make one up) get in to see the Chief Engineer there and request him to look into your case.

If all else fails, make an appointment here in Pune. All the very best!
Old 6th May 2012, 18:23   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Aurum if still workshop refuses to do the installation, you could have it done from Pune from where Ayedongivadam got it done which is a VW workshop, with first hand experience. Mumbai-Pune drive wont hurt much considering the peace of mind. From which workshop in Mumbai are you interacting?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
Have you spoken to the Cheif Tech at your dealerships w'kshp? I find techies to be more sympathetic to a enthusiasts cause than anyone else in the dealership chain. Come to think of it I have not approached my showroom guys even once after the signing of my cars papers but am on first name basis with the worderful w'kshp staff.

Access to VAS is required to unlock and/or change the coding to activate telephone functionality for your car. It will have to be the w'kshp people that install your BT module and not the accessories section. Book an appointment with your w'kshp for whatever reason (make one up) get in to see the Chief Engineer there and request him to look into your case.

If all else fails, make an appointment here in Pune. All the very best!
Thanks for the suggestions and the support, guys. I am interacting with the Tornado workshop in Andheri West. My apologies for leading you off-track with the dealer comment. When I spoke about the accessories team, I meant the accessories team at the workshop. I havent spoken to the Chief Tech yet. Its the service head so far. Hope to hear back from them on Monday.

If nothing else works, I will get it done in Pune, but thats a last resort. I want to build a local relationship to the extent I can, even if its with the technicians and not officially through Volkswagen. As a lot of people on the forum have demonstrated, it can help in a number of ways.
Old 7th May 2012, 12:29   #159
Senior - BHPian

My service engineer has no clue on this BT module under the seat. He is preplexed when i explained him about BT module. I am going to take the car with some print outs of DIY of BT and explain him.

I seriously doubt if i can get this done through the dealer. VW USA and Europe are selling cars with these modules and there is already a court verdict awaited for paying customers who updated from previous BT module to the new 97W module.

And in India our service engineers are not even helping us install a BT module.

VW should wake up.
Old 7th May 2012, 12:43   #160
BHPian

The workshop guys tell me that they can do it, but the music system warranty will become void. Opinions?
Old 7th May 2012, 13:48   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
My service engineer has no clue on this BT module under the seat. He is preplexed when i explained him about BT module. I am going to take the car with some print outs of DIY of BT and explain him.

I seriously doubt if i can get this done through the dealer. VW USA and Europe are selling cars with these modules and there is already a court verdict awaited for paying customers who updated from previous BT module to the new 97W module.

And in India our service engineers are not even helping us install a BT module.

VW should wake up.
Firstly, hey, Ayedongivadam, apologies for hijacking this thread

VW2010, a similar situation here as well. Once they see the DIY, however, they seem to understand. Its not that complicated anyway. Anyways, only when they really start doing it do you really know.

Update after my workshop guys came back with the view that the Music system warranty will become void. I'm going ahead with it anyway, based on my view of the risk of that occurrence.
Old 7th May 2012, 14:14   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The workshop guys tell me that they can do it, but the music system warranty will become void. Opinions?

Worth it sir. Let it become Void.
In fact just by them saying it will be Void doesn't make it Void. When an issue with the Music System appears in the future, thats the time you will know if VW is ready to support you or not.

If its the original Bluetooth Module, i don't see it messing around with the Music System.
Old 7th May 2012, 16:25   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
VW Workshop is doing nothing, but passing the buck to you regarding any warranty related issues cropping up later on after installation.

As you are using a Genuine VW fitment, there is no reason for warranty getting void. I got Nippon reverse parking sensor from VW KSM Workshop, Nerul, they didn't say, Sir warranty void as it is a Genuine VW fitment.

During the whole process be present and keep an overview of the work done and take pictures for records if VW says warranty void. Let us know the outcome of it.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 7th May 2012 at 16:27.
Old 8th May 2012, 13:01   #164
Senior - BHPian

@ Arun or Ayedongivadam.

If you guys want a DIY for fitting a fresh BT module, let me know your email id. Will share the same i got from car systems.
Old 8th May 2012, 14:49   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
@ Arun or Ayedongivadam.

If you guys want a DIY for fitting a fresh BT module, let me know your email id. Will share the same i got from car systems.
Why not share here where everyone can have access?
paras211 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks