Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2013, 10:18   #7411
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Hi guys,

I had installed 100/90 bulbs in my i10. While adding the relay and bulbs, the installer had cut the rear cap like something for wiring. Now this monsoons I am facing the issue of headlights fogging from inside and water droplets collecting.

The service center guy told me that since you have cut that plastic cap, water seeps in causing the fog.

Is there any solution like if I tape the cutout part. Many i10 users in this forum have upgraded their bulbs. Anybody else facing this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
3. I have used Hella 100/90 and found it not to be as good as Philips 100/90. Hella 130/90 had around the same light output as that of Philips 100/90. Try Philips or Osram.
Thanks Sankar. I changed to Philips and the output is much better. But I think my headlights focussing has gone for a toss. The throw is not proper.

Last edited by Dodge_Viper : 9th July 2013 at 10:23.
Old 9th July 2013, 10:28   #7412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Hi guys,

I had installed 100/90 bulbs in my i10. While adding the relay and bulbs, the installer had cut the rear cap like something for wiring. Now this monsoons I am facing the issue of headlights fogging from inside and water droplets collecting.

The service center guy told me that since you have cut that plastic cap, water seeps in causing the fog.

Is there any solution like if I tape the cutout part. Many i10 users in this forum have upgraded their bulbs. Anybody else facing this problem?
You can usually find a rubber type of bush which is used to cover the end portion of the headlight assembly. I had them in my projectors which prevent water from seeping in. Something like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-url.jpeg  

naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 11:17   #7413
BHPian

Hi Naveen.Raju, I am planning to install H4 HID's in my Ritz headlamps. I am being quoted 10500/- for projectors and HID's. The installer needs the OE headlights as he needs to do some retrofits to the existing setup and then fit the HID. Is it safe to take this plunge (or) just fit Philips/Osram H4 HID's in the existing OE headlights without projectors?
Old 9th July 2013, 11:30   #7414
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hi Naveen.Raju, I am planning to install H4 HID's in my Ritz headlamps. I am being quoted 10500/- for projectors and HID's. The installer needs the OE headlights as he needs to do some retrofits to the existing setup and then fit the HID. Is it safe to take this plunge (or) just fit Philips/Osram H4 HID's in the existing OE headlights without projectors?
I wouldnt recommend HID's on OE headlights as it will scatter the light and blind oncoming vehicles. Yes, since you are planning to retro fit projectors onto your headlights, you will need to give the existing headlights for him to work on. "Is it safe" depends on his quality of work. I would suggest you to check some of his previous works, talk to his previous customers etc. That's the best you could do at this point of time else you will need to take the plunge and take that risk. But most of these guys do an excellent job as only experienced guys do these kind of installations.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 11:48   #7415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How big is the hole?
When i upgraded the i10's lamp as DIY i made sure that i made the hole just big enough to pass the wires through. Had to take out the three pin bulb connector and re assemble this to pass the wires through. The hole was then sealed with silicone sealant.

If the hole is too big you can use duct tape to seal it off, apply it over the hole as a X and use rtv silicone sealant to seal the gap the wires come through.
Old 9th July 2013, 13:43   #7416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

What Shankar said is the way; try to seal it with a proper sealant.

What you can do is to make the mechanic arrange for a pair of those plastic caps from the accident cars that arrive at the dealership. You can replace the existing ones with those. The hole has to be made and sealed properly in the new one, though.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 13:50   #7417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
If the hole is too big you can use duct tape to seal it off, apply it over the hole as a X and use rtv silicone sealant to seal the gap the wires come through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
What Shankar said is the way; try to seal it with a proper sealant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
You can usually find a rubber type of bush which is used to cover the end portion of the headlight assembly. I had them in my projectors which prevent water from seeping in. Something like this.
Thanks guys. Actually I should have realized at that time only about the hole. It is quite big cutout. Will visit a garage soon. Its only RHS headlight that is facing the issue. LHS is somehow safe.

Thanks Naveen for that idea.
Old 9th July 2013, 16:44   #7418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad View Post
Hi Ishan,

I've been using 4300k p8 hid's on my civics projectors for more than a year SBD they've not given me any issues and work fine. I got mine at Chennai, though since you're at hyd try the 1-2 big shops on minister road or carzz in jubilee hills.
Thanks. Yes I saw P8s at a store called motominds in Madhapur but I just wanted to know if they were a reputed brand that makes quality products that's all.
Old 10th July 2013, 01:04   #7419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
Can someone help me and identify the bulb type that I need for this projector and which car out came out from. I bought it used and since it has a electro mechanical hi lo setup I would like to use it for my Jeep. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
From the pictures It's a D2S projector from Hella AFAIK. Better you take the projector to a good accessory shop and compare with the bulb and decide. Do you have the bulb adapter cable for connecting the HID ballast? If not get that first before buying the bulb as sourcing the cable is a real pain.

Adapter will looks like this:

Name:  ForumRunner_20130710_010352.png
Views: 6126
Size:  92.0 KB
Old 10th July 2013, 23:12   #7420

Guys, I own a VW Jetta Highline AT. I took the delivery on 2nd January this year. The model year is 2013. I am not satisfied with the headlights' brightness due to poor visibilty on the highways. I was hoping to get the bulbs replaced with HID bulbs. But then i thought of going for an entire assembly replacement. I am aware it might void the warranty but wouldn't mind it if its worth the visual appeal. But now arises the main problem of sourcing such headlights.

I wanted to ask if such headlights are available here in India, especially Pune? I know its a long shot. But buying and getting them fitted from the same place would ensure its proper functioning.

I did some online research and found these scattered all over the internet.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-2.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-3.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-4.jpg

These are all for the A6 (6th gen) Jetta. Can we source and get these (or similar) fitted over here?

Cheers.
Old 11th July 2013, 10:06   #7421
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket_N View Post

I wanted to ask if such headlights are available here in India, especially Pune? I know its a long shot. But buying and getting them fitted from the same place would ensure its proper functioning.
It's always a risk to buy these expensive headlights online. Always best to check it personally, like the throw, beam level and output etc. My friend in Mumbai is into custom projector headlights. Do let me know if you need his details.
Old 11th July 2013, 13:43   #7422

Quote:
It's always a risk to buy these expensive headlights online. Always best to check it personally, like the throw, beam level and output etc. My friend in Mumbai is into custom projector headlights. Do let me know if you need his details.
Thanks for the reply.Does he have a shop?Yes i would like to get his details.

Cheers.
Old 11th July 2013, 15:06   #7423
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket_N View Post
Thanks for the reply.Does he have a shop?Yes i would like to get his details.

Cheers.
Not sure whether he got a shop. Mostly at his friend's place or at home. His name is Vinit.
Ph no - 9820306441
email vinit.mirpuri@gmail.com
Old 16th July 2013, 13:49   #7424

Quote:
Not sure whether he got a shop. Mostly at his friend's place or at home. His name is Vinit.
Ph no - 9820306441
email vinit.mirpuri@gmail.com
Thanks , will check with him if i dont get anything in Pune.

Cheers.
Old 18th July 2013, 09:38   #7425
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone used auxiliary driving lights on the Nano? Can someone confirm if the Nano will be able to take the load of additional driving lights?

How about LED bars? Are any good products available in India? An LED light should put less strain on the battery/alternator and still provide good usable illumination, right?

I am looking for something that will provide a good illumination for the next 200 metres or so. Even after upgrading the headlight bulbs to Philips Extreme Power, though the illumination has increased, the oncoming traffic still blinds me.

Last edited by honeybee : 18th July 2013 at 09:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks