Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2013, 11:29   #7501
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Thanks!

I also checked with the local distributor in Bangalore, and he has Hella wiring kit available, cost about 800/- for the kit and relay.

Now I'm a bit confused. Hella seems to have better reviews than Roots on the forum (and is cheaper too).

What should I do?

Hella kit/relay & Hella/Philips 90/100 bulbs?
Roots kit/relay & Hella/Philips 90/100 bulbs?

Also, do we get regular yellow light 90/100 bulbs in Hella?
I have been using Roots Relay & wiring kit + Philips 100/90W for some time now. Though, I got the wiring kit fitted a few months ago only, but have put them to good use since them in terms of hours, so it has passed my reliability test. I had posted my experience after getting the wiring kit & relay in this thread only. I used 100/90w for about 3 years without the relay & wiring, thankfully it was uneventful, but it added to performance when I got the kit in place.

Regards,
Saket
Old 5th August 2013, 21:54   #7502
BHPian

Its been more than a week since i installed 90/100 watt bulbs with full relay kit in my figo and i am very happy with the results. I no longer have to strain my eyes to see all the pot holes and animals that plague our roads.
To install the relay kit slight modification was needed but it was done professionally, no trouble what so ever.
I hope my reflectors last long...
Old 5th August 2013, 22:45   #7503
Senior - BHPian

Saw a Philips H4 HID Kit being installed on an EcoSport yesterday and it got me thinking, what is the legality of using HIDs without projectors especially H4 ones? If its illegal, why is Philips still selling them?
Old 5th August 2013, 23:22   #7504
Senior - BHPian

Can i install this

http://www.myhellalights.com/index.p...bi-led-module/

in place of the fog lamps ?
Old 6th August 2013, 10:16   #7505
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Can i install this

http://www.myhellalights.com/index.p...bi-led-module/

in place of the fog lamps ?
Are they available in India? Where? What is the price?
They can very well be used in place of fog lamps and will be pretty effective as well.
Old 6th August 2013, 12:18   #7506
Senior - BHPian

FWIW, the Gurgaon dealer Mr Suri is selling Osram NB+ for 750 bucks. He's currently out of stock. The other dealer, Pinnacle is selling it for 900 (9899 506590). Is that a good enough price I hope?
Old 11th August 2013, 13:01   #7507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

Are they available in India? Where? What is the price?
They can very well be used in place of fog lamps and will be pretty effective as well.
It's usually used for retrofitting inside headlights instead of the generic projector- hid combo.

If I could get my hands on one, I'd definitely use it inside my headlights to replace the halogen high/low beam.

The instant 'on' high beam flash would be definitely worth it.
Old 12th August 2013, 20:08   #7508

It hasn't been a week since I took delivery of my Vento TDI and decided (rather forced due to dismal stock HL performance) to change the stock lights. Have since switched to Phillips essential vision (90/100W) with Philips relays....and the light throw now is now simply excellent !!
Old 14th August 2013, 15:33   #7509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
You have two choices to make.
1) 100/90w - Not legal but provides better visibility. Just a plug n play device and will not void your warranty.
2) 55/60w - Stock wattage but you will need to upgrade to a better brand like Philips or Osram. Expect a slight improvement over the stock bulbs.
Naveen - What did you do on the Vento? Two of my friends upgraded to Osram NB+ and found no use still. Infact I had to drive one of this car from Bangalore to Kottayam and I struggled. After all the feedbacks, owner decided to forget warranty and upgraded to 100/90 with relays. Now he is happy.
Old 14th August 2013, 15:36   #7510
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Naveen - What did you do on the Vento? Two of my friends upgraded to Osram NB+ and found no use still. Infact I had to drive one of this car from Bangalore to Kottayam and I struggled. After all the feedbacks, owner decided to forget warranty and upgraded to 100/90 with relays. Now he is happy.
My Vento had stock bulbs. The lights were terrible. Decided to stick with it as we had plans of selling it off soon. NB+ got good reviews among many users.
Old 16th August 2013, 12:54   #7511
BHPian

Hi All,
My Honda unicorn's headlights beam isn't the way it used to be before. Of late I notice that the focus of the lights are depending on the throttle response, as the throttle goes upwards the focus increase and comes down accordingly. What causes this and how do I get it back to the stock condition. My bike is seven years old and the battery was changed a year ago and still running on stock headlamp.

Please advise.

Abhi

Last edited by Abhi_abarth : 16th August 2013 at 12:56.
Old 16th August 2013, 14:06   #7512
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Hi All,
My Honda unicorn's headlights beam isn't the way it used to be before. Of late I notice that the focus of the lights are depending on the throttle response, as the throttle goes upwards the focus increase and comes down accordingly. What causes this and how do I get it back to the stock condition. My bike is seven years old and the battery was changed a year ago and still running on stock headlamp.

Please advise.

Abhi
Abhi, I think Honda bikes have lights hooked up to the magneto/ dynamo hence, you loose some intensity when the throttle is low. It becomes bright when throttle is opened up a little. Though, the headlight flasher is directly connected to the battery, hence, it can be swtiched on even with the engine off, but ignition on.
This is probably in contrast with Bajaj's new bikes which have headlamps hooked to the battery via relays; hence they do not dim out with low throttle.

Now each systems have their advantages & disadvantages.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 14:58   #7513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Hi My bike is seven years old and the battery was changed a year ago and still running on stock headlamp.

Please advise.

Abhi
I would suggest you replace the bulb with Osram NB+ or similar if you are looking for more light. My pulsar is 6.5 years old and replacing the bulb made a significant difference in brightness.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the stock bulbs are 35/35w on my 2006 pulsar 180. The Osram NB+ is 55/60w. Please check with your mechanic before you install them

Last edited by shashank.nk : 16th August 2013 at 15:26.
Old 16th August 2013, 17:46   #7514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeths View Post
It hasn't been a week since I took delivery of my Vento TDI and decided (rather forced due to dismal stock HL performance) to change the stock lights. Have since switched to Phillips essential vision (90/100W) with Philips relays....and the light throw now is now simply excellent !!
Congratulations on the new ride!

I am planning the same for my ecosport but I have some doubts. Kindly let me know your thoughts

1) Will this not void your warranty? (using relay)
2) I checked Osram NB+ 55/60 but the guy quoted 1300 + labor
3) How much did this entire package cost you including 100/90 Philips bulb/labor/relay etc?
4) Where did you get it done? can you share some contacts?

Last edited by urajkumar : 16th August 2013 at 17:48.
Old 18th August 2013, 13:27   #7515
BHPian

Hi

I'm planning on upgrading the lights on my 2013 i20 to Phillips xtreme Vision 100%+ 65/55

The stock lights are decent. Would xtreme vision be an upgrade to the lighting or not really?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks