Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2013, 13:38   #7456
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
My previous car was Getz Prime.

I believe the 4300 / 4400 K rating HID will have good for fog lamp. I do not want that bling white light thing.

Yes, also need to check "Osram" night breaker for head lamp with stock wattage.

Any Idea what is the wattage of Ertiga fog lamp bulb?

Any bulb replacement suggestion for fog lamp with stock wattage?
Getz had problems with the reflector coating. My friend experienced the same in his Getz. I would recommend you to upgrade your headlights rather than fogs. As mentioned, fogs have limited ability to provide good visibility. I think it uses H8 or H11 bulbs for the fogs. For the headlights, I would recommend NB+. Good reviews on that.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 15:02   #7457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
My previous car was Getz Prime.

I believe the 4300 / 4400 K rating HID will have good for fog lamp. I do not want that bling white light thing.

Yes, also need to check "Osram" night breaker for head lamp with stock wattage.

Any Idea what is the wattage of Ertiga fog lamp bulb?

Any bulb replacement suggestion for fog lamp with stock wattage?
Agree with Naveen, there is no point in investing on HID for the fogs.
But if you still want to go ahead, go for 2800/3000K HID for the fogs; 4300K is more suitable for the headlights.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 17:36   #7458
BHPian

Which is the best Fog Lamp bulb for Wagon R? I guess it uses H7 . Can I upgrade it to H8 or H11 so that I get good Close visibility? I already have upgraded my Head Lights to OSRAM NB+

Also do you know any good DRLs with may be just 5 or less LEDs which are bright? Currently I have some local made DRLs with 7 LED bulbs but due to heavy rain , water has entered in one of it.

Regards,
Old 25th July 2013, 21:23   #7459
Senior - BHPian

@honeybee..
My 2 cents.. You can try the following, It helps me to some extent.
Use Anti-Reflective Coating Goggles (if you have perfect vision) or get your Prescription Glasses coated with Anti-Reflective Coating (if you use Prescription Glasses).
But I would advise to check that the ARC is Genuine and not some flashy-fake thing.
Old 26th July 2013, 13:30   #7460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
Which is the best Fog Lamp bulb for Wagon R? I guess it uses H7 . Can I upgrade it to H8 or H11 so that I get good Close visibility? I already have upgraded my Head Lights to OSRAM NB+

Also do you know any good DRLs with may be just 5 or less LEDs which are bright? Currently I have some local made DRLs with 7 LED bulbs but due to heavy rain , water has entered in one of it.

Regards,
The base would be different and maybe the size also.
How'll a H11 or H8 bulb fit in a H7 holder?

Actually I could not understand your proposition of upgrading from H7 to H11/H8 for good close visibility. How can changing the bulb type provide better visibility ?
Old 26th July 2013, 17:02   #7461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
The base would be different and maybe the size also.
How'll a H11 or H8 bulb fit in a H7 holder?

Actually I could not understand your proposition of upgrading from H7 to H11/H8 for good close visibility. How can changing the bulb type provide better visibility ?
Actually I do not know much about Fogs. My simple thinking is like from H7 to H8 or H11 is upgrade like 60/55 to 100/90 upgrade. It may be wrong though.
Old 26th July 2013, 17:15   #7462
Distinguished - BHPian

WagonR, the current one has a H8 bulb base. Upgrading in H8 is not possible as in Philips, the bulb is available only with 35W rating. You can swap to H11 which is very similar to H8 and is rated at 55w. Only thing I am not sure is of dissipation of the heat, which may be an issue with the small bulb reflector.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 17:30   #7463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
WagonR,
You can swap to H11 which is very similar to H8 and is rated at 55w. Only thing I am not sure is of dissipation of the heat, which may be an issue with the small bulb reflector.
Ok. What can I do to avoid this heat issue? Is there any solution to it? Adding a pic here of my current set up though it may not help.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-front.jpg  

Old 26th July 2013, 19:38   #7464
Senior - BHPian

H11 bulb will not fit the H8 fog lamp housing of the Marutis directly. For the H11 to fit a tab on the H11 bulb needs to be ground down to the size of the H8 tab. Then it will fit. I bought H11 bulb for the AStar fogs thinking it will fit since these two bulb bases are very close in design, but it didn't fit so had to grind the tab off a bit.

Ertiga foglamps are H11, and these can be retrofitted in other Marutis with similar type fog lamps. Almost all Marutis have fog lamps with same basic fitting.
Old 27th July 2013, 11:11   #7465
Distinguished - BHPian

Ertiga has H11? Thats news to me. When I brought h11 for my Sx4 it did not need grinding but one of the tabs took some effort to get into the slot. So I think grinding it would make things easier. I removed them after a short while when I upgraded the main beam as I felt it would overload the electricals.
Old 27th July 2013, 11:38   #7466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
H11 bulb will not fit the H8 fog lamp housing of the Marutis directly. For the H11 to fit a tab on the H11 bulb needs to be ground down to the size of the H8 tab. Then it will fit. I bought H11 bulb for the AStar fogs thinking it will fit since these two bulb bases are very close in design, but it didn't fit so had to grind the tab off a bit.

Ertiga foglamps are H11, and these can be retrofitted in other Marutis with similar type fog lamps. Almost all Marutis have fog lamps with same basic fitting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_3007 View Post
Ok. What can I do to avoid this heat issue? Is there any solution to it? Adding a pic here of my current set up though it may not help.
What Shankar said above is one aspect that each bulb type is different. Even the H8 and H11, though appear very similar from outside, the tabs/pins are different.

Secondly, why do you intend to put a 55W lamp in the fogs. The fogs are not meant to illuminate the road like a headlight and 55W bulbs are meant for your headlights. It will increase the electrical load un-necessarily.
Old 28th July 2013, 18:12   #7467
BHPian

HID Kit vs Warranty for XUV500

I spoke to my RM and was told that as long as the bulb wattage does not exceed what is listed in the manual, warranty will not be void. I have decided to go in for the Philips 4300K H7 kit. Anybody interested in a group buy for Philip's 4300K H7 HID Kit ? We are a group of 12 XUV owners who are talking to a Philip's distributor in BLR for the kit at a discounted price. If you are interested, please PM me.
Old 29th July 2013, 13:32   #7468
BHPian

Hello all,

Me and my friend wanted to upgrade the headlamps on his i10 to 100/90 set up. We bought the philips bulb and and proceeded to fix using a pmp relay kit. this is the new i10. Unfortunately even after fitting only the high beam was working and not the low beam. We could not figure out what was wrong. had to abandon the upgrade. Could someone here help us out? in i10 this is not a plug and play job apparently.

cheers!
sai
Old 29th July 2013, 14:36   #7469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post

Secondly, why do you intend to put a 55W lamp in the fogs. The fogs are not meant to illuminate the road like a headlight and 55W bulbs are meant for your headlights. It will increase the electrical load un-necessarily.
. I will not do any change to the FOGs. I already have upgraded stock Head Lamps with OSRAM NB+ . Those are enough . BTW increase in electrical load affects Battery what else are the ill effects?
Old 29th July 2013, 14:52   #7470
BANNED

I am waiting for 35W 3000K HIDs for my fog lamps. Still on order. Hyalux AC Ballasts and CN?? HIDs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks