Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2015, 20:30   #8956
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Well, I havent tested it in heavy rains. But in moderate conditions, I couldnt see any improvement. So I guess, it isnt all that good in rains. Also, I had reported earlier that I am not satisfied with the low beam. Looks almost like stock but on the other hand, I did find high beam pretty ok. 90/100 is in a different league. Dont compare that with this
Changed the high beams to NB+ today. It is better than the stock high beams. It is also not as white as the crystal visions in the low beam. I am not sure about the colour temperature of NB+.

Overall experience so far - the combination of Crystal visions in low beam and NB+ in high beam have improved the overall lighting of Duster by may be 20%. Not really VFM considering the cost of these bulbs.

Low + high

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20150422_191649.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20150422_191834.jpg  

DieselLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 23:09   #8957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I have got my HIDs installed. This is Osram 4200K H7 35w bulbs. I wasn't expecting a huge difference in comparison with my previous setup (8000K bulb H7 35w, non-branded ballasts) though. A friend helped me fix the bulb this time. This is how the beams look like. I know the left beam is a bit higher and needs adjustment. Apart from that, I feel that beams are tilting bit leftward and also look different from what I had with my earlier setup. Need to fix that leftward tilt somehow.
Hello Ketan,
Where did you get the osram hids from and for how much??
I'm unable to find them here in delhi.
Need h7 for my safari.
Old 23rd April 2015, 00:14   #8958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_safari View Post
Hello Ketan,
Where did you get the osram hids from and for how much??
I'm unable to find them here in delhi.
Need h7 for my safari.
I got it from epitstop.in. An ecomm group, let me know if you are interested, I can talk to the person from epitstop from whom I took it or you can directly contact them via website. I got it for around 10k, for Delhi, it may attract shipping charges, you may need to check with them though.
Old 23rd April 2015, 09:31   #8959
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreethamB View Post
That's a common misconception. In order that light or other Electromagnetic radiation undergo Rayleigh scattering, the size of the particles needs to be smaller than the wavelength of the radiation.
With due regards to the Great Lord, There are many scattering mechanisms (this is why I did not quote the wavelength raised to the power of five), and you can just see for yourself. Also, there is a particle size distribution, with finer particles more populous in fag.
Old 23rd April 2015, 09:53   #8960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I got it from epitstop.in. An ecomm group, let me know if you are interested, I can talk to the person from epitstop from whom I took it or you can directly contact them via website. I got it for around 10k, for Delhi, it may attract shipping charges, you may need to check with them though.
Thanks Ketan,

I'll contact them. Would it be possible to get some referral discount through you ??
Old 23rd April 2015, 10:10   #8961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_safari View Post
Thanks Ketan,

I'll contact them. Would it be possible to get some referral discount through you ??
Sure,

please speak to Jagdish and refer my name, I'm hopeful he'll give some discount. He agreed to give me some on a purchase of 4-5 numbers of group buy, I couldn't wait for that since I'm starting for Gujarat trip this weekend.

Last edited by Ketan : 23rd April 2015 at 10:12.
Old 23rd April 2015, 11:01   #8962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
With due regards to the Great Lord, There are many scattering mechanisms (this is why I did not quote the wavelength raised to the power of five), and you can just see for yourself. Also, there is a particle size distribution, with finer particles more populous in fag.
It's true that Rayleigh scattering is just one among the many types, but then, it is the one that is most strongly dependent on the wavelength of incident light.

In fact the appearance of fog as white is generally explained by Mie scattering which is not strongly dependent on the wavelength of the incident light.
Also important in foggy conditions is "back scatter". Again, back scatter is not dependent on wavelength of the incident light.

So, if you want to gain maximum visibility in foggy conditions, here are things that help,

1. Keep the fog lamp mounted as low as possible. Generally fog hovers 10 to 20 inches above the ground. Also keeping the fog lamps mounted as low as possible increases the lateral distance between the lamps and the eyes thereby reducing the effects of backscatter to some extent.

2. Use fog lamps that have a sharp upper cut-off. Also, angle the fog lamps towards the ground.

3. Do not use a high wattage/very bright bulb in the fog lamps. Too much of light = Too much of scatter.

4. Use of yellow light or lower temperature light might help. This is not because yellow light is scattered less or because it can pierce through the fog. It has more to do with the color sensitivity and contrast sensitivity of the human eyes. It is generally believed that human eyes are more sensitive in the Green-Yellow band than in the Red or Blue bands.

PS: Particle size is not constant in fog and it does vary within a range. However, even the smallest particles in fog tend to be bigger than the wavelengths associated with visible light!
PreethamB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 12:32   #8963
Distinguished - BHPian

Is Philips Xtreme Vision stopped ?

I am on look out for a pair of H4 and am not able to find them anywhere online.

H1,H7 are available aplenty
Old 23rd April 2015, 13:15   #8964
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Is Philips Xtreme Vision stopped ?

I am on look out for a pair of H4 and am not able to find them anywhere online.

H1,H7 are available aplenty
I have searched around 25-32 shops but none of them had stocks forcing me to upgrade from 60/55W to 100/90W setup.

The H4 variant seems to be the highest bought bulb for cars.
Old 24th April 2015, 10:54   #8965
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I have searched around 25-32 shops but none of them had stocks forcing me to upgrade from 60/55W to 100/90W setup.

The H4 variant seems to be the highest bought bulb for cars.
Yea looks like that. Online shops which usually have stocks have run out of stock of H4 variety .
Old 24th April 2015, 12:00   #8966
Team-BHP Support

Powerbulbs, UK is running a flat 20% off limited offer on all their stuff except Osram NBU bulbs. Order away!

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-freeshippingweb.jpg

PS: Free international shipping via Royal Mail UK (without tracking facility) and most consignments which are usually small, don't attract customs duties. They arrive within 20 days to 1 month tops.
Old 24th April 2015, 13:53   #8967
BHPian

Re: swift VDi upgrade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi22 View Post
Updates from my Swift Vdi light upgrade done around 3 months back.

Bulbs : changed from stock to 130/90 Osram off-road H4 - 300 per pair
Relay : Philips heavy duty relay - 900 rs
Labor :150 bucks

The difference in lighting is amazing. The stock bulbs were always useless during higher speeds, these bulbs are very good at a good price as well. Only thing is may be you feel the assembly a little more hot during continous night driving. That is manageable considering most of my driving will be in daytime.

Hope 130/90 don't damage or blacken the assembly.
How has been your experience with this setup? I am contemplating a upgrade to the stock setup, but also worried about the load on the battery.

From the posts here, I feel the philips XV or osram NB+ is NOT much better than the stock setup. So what would be my options?

Please advise.
Old 24th April 2015, 18:34   #8968
BHPian

Re: swift VDi upgrade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
How has been your experience with this setup? I am contemplating a upgrade to the stock setup, but also worried about the load on the battery.

From the posts here, I feel the philips XV or osram NB+ is NOT much better than the stock setup. So what would be my options?

Please advise.
Has been good so far ... no issues with the setup. A boon for night driving.

Have no exp with philips XV or osram NB+, but the standard Halonix are no use.

Would recommend either 90/100 or 100/130 any day.
Adi22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 18:35   #8969

Hello,

I recently changed the 60/55 stock headlights to 100/90 philips ones. The thing is that I got it done from one of the local electricians not very sophisticated, and he didn't use any wiring kit of any sort and did the wiring on his own and also installed a relay which he had. When I asked of the necessity of using a good quality wiring kit, he said the one he uses is more efficient and doesn't reduce the performance of the bulbs. But I'm now quite skeptical of it and now am afraid if those wirings are adequate or will it cause any harm to the battery or the overall electrical setup of the vehicle.

Moreover the car is still under warranty, but i presume it's void now.
Old 24th April 2015, 18:53   #8970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi22 View Post
Has been good so far ... no issues with the setup. A boon for night driving. Would recommend either 90/100 or 100/130 any day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SydNaz View Post
I recently changed the 60/55 stock headlights to 100/90 philips ones. The thing is that I got it done from one of the local electricians not very sophisticated, and he didn't use any wiring kit of any sort and did the wiring on his own and also installed a relay which he had. But I'm now quite skeptical of it and now am afraid if those wirings are adequate or will it cause any harm to the battery or the overall electrical setup of the vehicle.
Are there any branded kits for 100/90 setup? Where can we procure a genuine kit in b'lore? Please advise.

Most Viewed