Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2015, 03:01   #8926
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I have replaced the 35W H11s in my Civic with 55W 3000K HIDs and am quite happy with them.
Hi, I have been having a tough time sourcing fog lamps with 3000K temp. (similar to that of the stock one but better output). Swift has H8 I guess, do you think H11 will fit in H8 and where can I source them from? Thanks.
Old 5th April 2015, 10:23   #8927
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar View Post
Hi, I have been having a tough time sourcing fog lamps with 3000K temp. (similar to that of the stock one but better output). Swift has H8 I guess, do you think H11 will fit in H8 and where can I source them from? Thanks.
3000K is tough to get, I sourced mine from a chap who goes with the handle XenonPro on the other forum. These are CN lamps. I also bought Hyalutek 55W AC Ballasts from him. I hear he may have partly or totally stopped. Incidentally, I managed to damage the lugs on one lamp, so sourced a couple of them pretty cheap on Amazon.com. I am not sure these are also CN but the packing was identical.

Incidentally, in fogs 2700K may be better.

Last edited by sgiitk : 5th April 2015 at 10:26.
Old 11th April 2015, 11:02   #8928
BHPian

Guys,

I'm running some a pair of H7 HID (8000K) with local ballast (brand name shows Philips on it though, but not sure if dealer got the original ones or some local). I've experienced that the visible light is less and not very comfortable driving in night, especially on single carriageways since that's where I need good visibility (low level/beam) with almost all oncoming vehicle now a days drive with high beams.
My stock high beams on XUV does a decent job. However, I'm looking for a 4200K or a 4300K bulbs. I may also go with a decent kit (Philips, Osram or other reliable name) considering my current ballast may not be of good quality.

Can you please suggest me a decent 4200K or 4300K H7 conversion kit that I can use for my low beams on XUV? A place in Bangalore where I can get this! I'm planning to upgrade this within a week or so before I go for GJ+further north drive in about two weeks time.
thanks in advance.
Old 11th April 2015, 23:47   #8929
BHPian

I love the headlights and foglights of New Corolla Altis. Anybody has any idea what type of bulbs etc do they use in them? I want to replace my Ciaz's headlight and foglight bulbs with these
Old 12th April 2015, 10:40   #8930
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amritpal2489 View Post
I love the headlights and foglights of New Corolla Altis.
The Altis has HIDs in the top variants and normal halogens in the lower specs. So you have to check which are you looking at.
Old 12th April 2015, 12:50   #8931
BHPian

Quote:
The Altis has HIDs in the top variants and normal halogens in the lower specs. So you have to check which are you looking at.
HIDs in Altis seem different from others. Any Altis owner can help by telling the details of the same?
Old 12th April 2015, 13:15   #8932
BHPian

Quote:
No, What I meant was the wattage and type of HID used
Old 13th April 2015, 12:39   #8933
Senior - BHPian

Upgraded the headlights for the Grand with H4 90/100 Philips Rallye. Here are couple of pictures of the lo and hi beam, sorry did not have before pictures. But now the night drives are much better, got to test it during evening rains in Bangalore last weekend and they performed really well.

The bulbs, cut out and fitting costed 1700 bucks. Brand is Philips, got a bill as well.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-headlight_upgrade_compare.jpg
Old 13th April 2015, 12:57   #8934
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Upgraded the headlights for the Grand with H4 90/100 Philips Rallye. Here are couple of pictures of the lo and hi beam, sorry did not have before pictures. But now the night drives are much better, got to test it during evening rains in Bangalore last weekend and they performed really well.

The bulbs, cut out and fitting costed 1700 bucks. Brand is Philips, got a bill as well.
Another happy customer of the Philips Rally 100/90W setup.

Which wiring harness kit did you use?

Can you give the breakup of the bill or post the bill. Thanks.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 13:26   #8935
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Needed your help with interior ambient lightning? Has anyone done it in their car? I'm looking at subtle lighting like the one shown in the image below:
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1269003d1406872462autolightingthreadpostallqueriesaboutautomobilelightingherefiatpuntoevo03.jpg

Was also researching further & found the ideal way I want it installed, but no help in the below thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...accord-v6.html

Regards,
Rohan

Last edited by rohansachar : 13th April 2015 at 13:33.
Old 13th April 2015, 13:36   #8936
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Pending LEDfication:
  1. Brake light
  2. Interior lights
  3. Front park lights
  4. Front indicators - Already have the bulb; but waiting to do this together with the W5W park lights when they come as i don't want to take out the lights twice.
1) Done - Philips P21W LED Red
2) Pending - Deciding between 4000K or 6000k. Foot well lights and roof lights needs to be changed.
3) Done - Philips W5W LED 4000k
4) Done - Philips PY21W LED (Y in PY stands for Yellow/Amber).
Old 13th April 2015, 13:57   #8937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Upgraded the headlights for the Grand with H4 90/100 Philips Rallye. Here are couple of pictures of the lo and hi beam, sorry did not have before pictures.
Have you got it done in Bangalore itself? if yes, please provide details of the Garage?
Old 13th April 2015, 14:44   #8938
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone heard or ordered from this company called Ghozt lighting. They have LED Sequencers and with this you can create all sorts of Sequence for your rear lights.
Old 13th April 2015, 14:57   #8939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Another happy customer of the Philips Rally 100/90W setup.

Which wiring harness kit did you use?

Can you give the breakup of the bill or post the bill. Thanks.
I have been a customer of Philips Rallye since 2009 when I had the setup in my Zen, may be Philips White Vision will give a slightly whitish tinge to the light I am not sure but Rallye is like normal halogen all yellowish. Wiring harness and cut out is from Philips. I dont have the picture of the box but it was something like shown below taken from Naptol.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-philipslightingharnessforh4bulbupto130w1.jpg

This is the actual cut out picture that was installed in my car.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-philips_cutout.jpg

Price break up I will get back to you as I need to see the bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
1) Done - Philips P21W LED Red
2) Pending - Deciding between 4000K or 6000k. Foot well lights and roof lights needs to be changed.
3) Done - Philips W5W LED 4000k
4) Done - Philips PY21W LED (Y in PY stands for Yellow/Amber).
Can you post some pictures of the light bulbs and from where you bought them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
Have you got it done in Bangalore itself? if yes, please provide details of the Garage?

Yes its from Bangalore, got it done from Torque in Jeevanbeema Nagar. You may check else where because I think they charged me a little higher but I have no way of knowing because no comparisons done.

Last edited by motomaverick : 13th April 2015 at 15:02.
Old 17th April 2015, 11:25   #8940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Guys,

Can you please suggest me a decent 4200K or 4300K H7 conversion kit that I can use for my low beams on XUV? A place in Bangalore where I can get this! I'm planning to upgrade this within a week or so before I go for GJ+further north drive in about two weeks time.
thanks in advance.
I was looking at a couple of options as below,

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid...system-h7.html
http://epitstop.in/Conversion-Kits/O...id-117920.html

Morimoto is going to be imported and seem to be slightly costly option (not sure if its because proprietary kit or other reasons).
Planning to go with Osram since it has local warranty and brand provides decent performance/reliability based on what I understood. The dealer I'm talking to also told me around some good discount he can offer if he gets a group of 4-5 buying together.
just an FYI.

Most Viewed