Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2015, 15:31   #9016
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Pretty interesting concept I came across during some generic search on the Google. A product which switches the light between high and low beam depending on lighting / road conditions.

http://www.autodipper.com/files/product.pdf
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2015, 18:21   #9017
BHPian

Guys, any one knows who is distributor for Flosser headlight bulbs in Bangalore? Or any particular shop who sells them in Bangalore? One of my friend wanted to buy, since one of the bulb fused. He doesn't want Philips since lot of fakes are available.
Old 15th May 2015, 14:08   #9018
BHPian

Hi Freinds,

I own a TBTS 500 and am looking to upgrade the Headlamp as the light even though a projector type is not sufficient for Night Driving.

I have done Mumbai-Pune Rides and feel that night driving & driving in Rain is where the light feels inadequate, during the city rides it acceptable.

Any suggestions will be welcome. Came across this link on youtube as well.

Old 15th May 2015, 18:21   #9019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_u View Post
Hi Freinds,

I own a TBTS 500 and am looking to upgrade the Headlamp as the light even though a projector type is not sufficient for Night Driving.

I have done Mumbai-Pune Rides and feel that night driving & driving in Rain is where the light feels inadequate, during the city rides it acceptable.

Any suggestions will be welcome. Came across this link on Youtube as well.
Have to say these will only add bling and no serious light. Instead install 2 of 2×10w cree oledone and the 40w extra you get will mean a lot. I have seen these with my friends tbts and they are only bling. Reach out to tsk1979 he may have some left. These can be installed under existing handlebars to give you flexi light else can be fitted to leg guard to give you low long range.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th May 2015 at 15:15. Reason: Removing Youtube URLs from quoted post.
Old 28th May 2015, 15:08   #9020
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Philips X-treme vision plus 130 review
-------
These bulbs are also a wee bit whiter than its predecessor
Do you have any pics of the beam from inside the car?

Fellow Mod Vidyut pointed me to the posts about the powerbulbs site, and i also have just now placed the order for Philips X treme vision 130+ Got similar deal as yours with the 20% off + gift marker bulb.
Old 28th May 2015, 16:56   #9021
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Do you have any pics of the beam from inside the car?

Fellow Mod Vidyut pointed me to the posts about the powerbulbs site, and i also have just now placed the order for Philips X treme vision 130+ Got similar deal as yours with the 20% off + gift marker bulb.
No, I do not have pics. However I can tell you that the brightness is really good and better than the xtreme vision. Color is bit brighter. High beam is much better focussed
Old 28th May 2015, 17:13   #9022
BHPian

Ok- update for Bangalore folks:

My Bosch 90/100 Left headlamp conked off a few days ago-Only the Low beam, and I seriously admire the vision of folks who manage to run in High Beam throughout . It was very difficult to sight speedbreakers at dimly lit roads.

It seems that Bosch bulbs are out of stock at most stores that are nearby. All said that
Quote:
SAAR , Bosch has bad reviews, it fuses . Please take philips
. Why not? Bosch costs rs 85 a bulb and others 250+ , meaning better margins. I personally trust Bosch, these having run close to 3 years now without a glitch. Finally managed to get a "Sakura" 90/100 bulb at that price range from a nearby mechanic. he said that this is better than Bosch. Did anyone manage to use this make?
Old 28th May 2015, 18:32   #9023
Senior - BHPian

I recently upgraded my headlights to 100/90 with a Philips relay with Bosch bulbs. Its been working great so far. There is only one slight issue. The "cutoff" line on the passenger side bulb is now a bit diagonal instead of horizontal. Adjustment with the horizontal levelling screw only moves the beam left and right. Is there any way to rotate the housing fitting surface ?
By "cutoff" I mean the "-" shaped bright spot of the beam, Im aware of the fact that reflectors dont have a cutoff the same as projectors.

Oh and I chose the Philips relay because well, its Philips and the other harnesses with the thicker wires just didn't make me feel confident. I dont see why some people say that the wires of the Philips relay are thin. Judging by the wires for home electricals, the wire gauge looks sufficient to handle the load from 2 bulbs (even 380W if both high & low beams are on)
Have members experienced premature failures with the Philips Relays ?

Also, Bosch bulbs are great so far and at 85 bucks vs 200+ for Philips/Hella they are excellent bang for buck from a good company.
Old 29th May 2015, 10:08   #9024
BANNED

Got some Stanley 7443 replacement LEDs for the taillight / stoplight in my Brio. When I installed both work fine, but for the taillight you cannot push in all the way. There is obviously some contact problem, maybe this is what led to the bulb blowing in the first place. I am going out for a fortnight and will try and fix it on my return.
Old 29th May 2015, 16:04   #9025
BHPian

I've done this latest DIY led install, blinking led on the center fog lamp.
Led sections installed cost Rs. 50 for a pair. They have inbuilt blinker circuit. All you have to do is connect it to the 12V wiring.

Old 30th May 2015, 10:40   #9026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_safari View Post
I've done this latest DIY led install, blinking led on the center fog lamp.
Please use such blinkers judiciously.

There are a lot of bikers and cabs who have installed F1 style blinkers at the rear, and they turns out to be a big nuisance for drivers behind them. They are bright and the constant blinking is extremely distracting.
Holyghost is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 09:33   #9027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Please use such blinkers judiciously.

There are a lot of bikers and cabs who have installed F1 style blinkers at the rear, and they turns out to be a big nuisance for drivers behind them. They are bright and the constant blinking is extremely distracting.
These lights are not very bright, I've checked them driving behind my swift in another car.
Distracting or not : I can not comment. Since these are not regular lights, people do notice them at-least once.
v_safari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 09:03   #9028
BHPian

Friends,

It's time for me to replace the Philips Extreme Vision H4 bulbs on my Innova. What is the best bright option available from Philips? I also saw that OSRAM provides a pretty good H4 bulb. Any opinions/comparisons between them?

Due to my poor night vision I really need the best possible lighting on my head lamps. What is the best option for me to get out there? Is 35m still the limit on the bulb spec or is there something better? I prefer the white/yellow light that I have now with my current bulbs.

A Google search picked up this option for Rs 6,500/- a pair: Philips H4 H/L 6000K 858166KX2 HID Headlight Bulb
Have never used HID lamps before. Are they all that they are said to be?

Best Regards.

Last edited by nikhil.nayak : 2nd June 2015 at 09:30.
Old 2nd June 2015, 09:31   #9029
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil.nayak View Post
Friends,

It's time for me to replace the Philips Extreme Vision H4 bulbs on my Innova. What is the best bright option available from Philips? I also saw that OSRAM provides a pretty good H4 bulb. Any opinions/comparisons between them?

Due to my poor night vision I really need the best possible lighting on my head lamps. What is the best option for me to get out there? Is 35m still the limit on the bulb spec or is there something better? I prefer the white/yellow light that I have now with my current bulbs.

A Google search picked up this option for Rs 6,500/- a pair: Philips H4 H/L 6000K 858166KX2 HID Headlight Bulb
Have never used HID lamps before. Are they all that they are meant to be?

Best Regards.
Philips Xtreme Vision and Osram Nightbreakers - A lot of mixed reviews and people supporting each brand. I have personally used Osram NB and found it to be just ok. A slight improvement over my stock bulbs (ecosport) but high beam was better. For that price, I wouldnt recommend Osram. They are like India vs Pakistan cricket match. . You can try out other models from Philips or Hella.

As for HIDs, it's not suited for reflector headlights. They are apt for projector headlights. A lot of light will be scattered when used in reflector headlights.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 13:11   #9030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_safari View Post
These lights are not very bright, I've checked them driving behind my swift in another car.
Distracting or not : I can not comment. Since these are not regular lights, people do notice them at-least once.
Have to agree with what holyghost has said.I am sure most of us on the forum would agree with him too.I have found these lights on some cars to be quite disturbing. Recently I have noticed the same on some bikes too.You say that since they are not regular people would notice them.For getting noticed, the OEM tail lamps, brake lights and the High mount Stop Lights on modern day cars are enough and more.What these type of lights bring with it is just additional unwanted notice, which is not really required in my opinion.

And I don't think such extra lights with strobe function or running/sweeping actions are legal too.No offence meant, but such lights look very childish and immature and are best suited for toys and teen-ager's bicycles.In my opinion they spoil the elegant and class looks of cars that are otherwise beautiful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks