Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2015, 15:46   #9061
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrish90 View Post
--I am now looking for a bulb which will work on stock wiring without the relay--Please do suggest.
With Monsoosn on radar stick to yellow lights. White are next to useless in rains.

You have two choices,
1: buy a new relay (Hella/Roots/Bosch etc) & continue 100/90.
2: for stock 60/55, look for Philips Extreme vision (or the new EV130+) or look at the bulbs that fellow BHPIans have suggested in the posts following your query.

Cheers,
Saurabh
saurabh2711 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 11:09   #9062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
With Monsoosn on radar stick to yellow lights. White are next to useless in rains.

You have two choices,
1: buy a new relay (Hella/Roots/Bosch etc) & continue 100/90.
2: for stock 60/55, look for Philips Extreme vision (or the new EV130+) or look at the bulbs that fellow BHPIans have suggested in the posts following your query.

Cheers,
Saurabh
Thanks, i would probably switch to the Philips Xtreme Vision after the Monsoon but trust me, the stock yellow does not seem to work in the rainy season as well, sometimes while driving i feel my headlights are off when they are actually on.
Old 12th June 2015, 11:26   #9063
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys.. in this era of HIDs/projectors blah blah.. I did a simple upgrade to my 1.5 year old Honda Amaze iDtec yesterday. Put in a pair of 100/90 W UNO Minda with a Philips relay. The relay included the ceramic holders as well. No cutting/tampering, hence no issues with warranty. Neatly carried out work. Damages as follows:

1. 2 Bulbs : MRP 197/- each Price Paid : 350/-
2. Philips relay : MRP 12XX Price Paid : 900/-
3. Labour : 150/-

Results are simply awesome over the stocks.
panky12345 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 13:49   #9064
Senior - BHPian

I just spotted a shop with stocks of Philips Xtremevision 60/55W H4 bulbs on JC Road. I could see 4 pieces hanging, not sure how many more he has in stock

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20150616_12513001.jpg

Its the shop nside this galli, last one on the left

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20150616_131910.jpg

His contact if anyone needs

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20150616_134021.jpg

I saw lots of posts on where to get XtremeVision in Bangalore and thought this would help

Quote:
Originally Posted by tht'snotME View Post
Need a suggestion,

i want to upgrade my fiat punto headlight(stock rating). i have two options
1. Philips xtreme vision
2. Osram Nightbreaker( i heard visibility during rain is bad. is it so?)

please help me in procuring anyone of the item above in bangalore(any reference to the online store also good).

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 16th June 2015 at 13:56.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 15:13   #9065
BANNED

I just bought 2 pairs of Xtreme Vision bulbs (60/55W) H4 from PayTm a while back. The is some kind of sale or clearance running.

Paid Rs 1200 for a pair x 2 = Rs 2400. Free delivery. Now the best part is 50% Cash back so I get 1200 back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
I just spotted a shop with stocks of Philips Xtremevision 60/55W H4 bulbs on JC Road. I could see 4 pieces hanging, not sure how many more he has in stock

I saw lots of posts on where to get XtremeVision in Bangalore and thought this would help
Old 16th June 2015, 15:34   #9066
Distinguished - BHPian

When checking the bulbs on my (new) A-Star, I noticed that MASS guys have applied grease to the holder ! This is a first for me. Any thoughts / comments ?

Attachment 1382593

Attachment 1382594

Lighting is poor. Bulbs are standard H4 55/60W. Will the grease be a contributing factor (due to possibly in-efficient flow conduction of current ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
Have been using Ring Automotive's XenonMax on my civic since 4 years. They are very nice and run on stock wattage.
Where did you get these from ? UK ? How much did pay ?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th June 2015 at 15:42. Reason: Consecutive posts merged.
Old 16th June 2015, 15:41   #9067
Team-BHP Support

Greasing could have been done to avoid the contacts getting rusted. Some FNGs who do after audio fitments grease the contacts on the crossover terminals this way.
Old 16th June 2015, 15:44   #9068
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
When checking the bulbs on my (new) A-Star, I noticed that MASS guys have applied grease to the holder ! This is a first for me. Any thoughts / comments ?
I thought it was to prevent water from entering. Acts as a repellent IMO.

I suggest you to buy Philips XV.
Old 16th June 2015, 17:10   #9069
BHPian

Hi all, i have a Skoda Laura (FL) with Projector Headlights (not xenon) with H7 and High beam with H1. Currently the illumination is at best average and not at all useful completely. What option do i have if i dont want to get into the CANBUS error zone? I figured Philips XV or Osram NB unlimited could be an upgrade but in a realistic scenario, i dont think extra 20% or 30% illumination is going to help compared to the price of the bulbs. Is there any other alternative that i can look into? Obviously something like a Morimoto would be ideal but i dont want to spend that much. Something in the range of 10K would be great if it can be done without any error.
Old 24th June 2015, 23:28   #9070
BHPian

Hi All,
I am confused here. I thought that duster headlamps specs are H7 and H4.
But my accessory guy told me that its H7 for both, then I checked myself and factory fitted low beams are osram H7, not sure for high beams.
Can anyone please through some light on it?
Old 25th June 2015, 00:18   #9071
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyankar View Post
Hi All,
I am confused here. I thought that duster headlamps specs are H7 and H4.
But my accessory guy told me that its H7 for both, then I checked myself and factory fitted low beams are osram H7, not sure for high beams.
Can anyone please through some light on it?
Why would they have H7 and H4. H4 is high beam+low beam.
So for twin barrel type setup with different bulbs for high and low you would either go with H7 or with H3
Anyways, cars mostly come with something called a user manual. Its best to check that out.
tsk1979 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 02:54   #9072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Why would they have H7 and H4. H4 is high beam+low beam.
So for twin barrel type setup with different bulbs for high and low you would either go with H7 or with H3
Anyways, cars mostly come with something called a user manual. Its best to check that out.
Goshh I mixed up. Instead of H4 I wanted to say H1.
And yes my accessory guy was wrong, Duster's high and low beams are H1 & H7 respectively.
Although thanks for your kind words.
Old 29th June 2015, 18:37   #9073
BHPian

Sharing some pics of my Duster with Osram Hids (Low beams)
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20150627_235700.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20150627_235722.jpg  

Old 29th June 2015, 19:37   #9074
BHPian

Ok, a strange problem

Prologue: I have a 2011 Chevrolet Beat Petrol run about 16,000 kms. The car has had its share of idle moments for months at a go , followed by mile crunching.
I have 90/100 bulbs with ceramic holders and relays et all (bosch)

Problems:
1. Whenever the car runs for a long time, there is a faint whining sound, which goes away as soon as I turn the headlights off. Could it be a problem with the relays? I had the relays checked. They seem to be fine. I also feel that my levelling switch is working, although the FNG said it is fine.
2. Whenever the ignition is on, the lights flicker. The flickering is more prevalent in the LEDs(Interior dome light and exterior DRLs and parking Lights) and 12V socket(the charger works intermittently). The flicker goes away when the ignition is switched off. What could be the cause? I had the battery checked , it is fine, albeit giving slightly higher crank voltage than necessary . Even the alternator seems to be fine.
3. The car A/C works best at higher RPMs, the performance significantly falls at lower RPMs.
4. Could it be because of a short circuit in wiring? Maybe the rats were too greedy?

OT: Where can I get my A/C serviced? I stay in Electronic City

Last edited by adg_andy : 29th June 2015 at 19:39.
Old 29th June 2015, 20:43   #9075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Guys, Any info about using LED bulbs in headlights? I am planning to buy these from AliExpress:

Attachment 1378328

But before I take the plunge, thought I will check with fellow BHPians first - any first hand experience with them?

--Anoop
Hi Please do not buy these bulbs. I did buy them from USA on my last trip (3 pairs, H4,H7 and H15). I installed the H7 into my car and believe me these are my worst buys so far. There is absalutely no throw and it is worse than my scooter lights. I did not bother to check the other ones, all in all wasted around 80$.
manipal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed