Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2014, 19:49   #8311
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Hello! Could you tell me the fog lamp "bulb" size of i10 Asta 2008 model? I am planning to upgrade it to HID
Old 20th July 2014, 20:58   #8312
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Thanks for the info. Planning to buy from Vicky.in, any better options? (I've heard that ebay sells fakes)
I heard that vicky.in have a poor reputation. Are they still in business.

eBay is no more than a bazaar for various vendors big, small, and tiny. I only go to Power Sellers or those with a very high satisfaction index.

Watch out lights esp HiDs have a lot of low quality stuff. One decent option can be avstuning for Morimoto.
Old 21st July 2014, 13:40   #8313

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post

eBay is no more than a bazaar for various vendors big, small, and tiny. I only go to Power Sellers or those with a very high satisfaction index.

Watch out lights esp HiDs have a lot of low quality stuff. One decent option can be avstuning for Morimoto.
Hi sir, as you suggested, I've been checking out the websites.
Id like to ask..are there any aspects to look for while hunting on the Internet in order to judge the quality/authenticity of the products as well as the seller ??
Old 21st July 2014, 14:05   #8314
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimalist View Post

Are there any aspects to look for while hunting on the Internet in order to judge the quality/authenticity of the products as well as the seller ??
Attaching two screen shots taken from Ebay giving crisp information about the seller:

Name:  ForumRunner_20140721_140326.png
Views: 1563
Size:  82.6 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20140721_140337.png
Views: 1486
Size:  85.5 KB

Higher the rating better the selling process and secure payments, product information and delivery.

Top-rated sellers and ones having a score above 98% are worthwhile to deal with.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 21st July 2014 at 14:06.
Old 21st July 2014, 20:47   #8315
BHPian

Hello Team BHPians,

Need small help in removing dust which has accumulated inside stock fog lamp unit. Is there any way to clean it?

I also was thinking to change the stock H8 bulb in to H11 on my Ritz. Will this help me in increasing the illumination power of fog lamps?
Old 21st July 2014, 22:44   #8316
Senior - BHPian

My dad wants an ugrade to his stock lamps in Dzire. I am currently using OSRAM Night Breaker Plus in my car and pretty happy - what are the other options in Phillips ?
Old 21st July 2014, 23:00   #8317
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
My dad wants an ugrade to his stock lamps in Dzire. I am currently using OSRAM Night Breaker Plus in my car and pretty happy - what are the other options in Phillips ?
Philips Xtreme Vision is what I know that is common out here and reliable too. The Osram NB that I used prior to the Philips conked off in 4 months.

Would recommend it to all who are looking for an upgrade in the stock rating and setup.

Anurag.
Old 22nd July 2014, 06:28   #8318
BANNED

Of course both Philips Xtreme and Osram NB+ and very similar products, and different experiences of different users. Osram NB Ultimate is supposed to be even brighter.

Last edited by sgiitk : 22nd July 2014 at 06:30.
Old 23rd July 2014, 16:57   #8319
Distinguished - BHPian

Any pointers for white (~4500k) w5w bulbs/leds? From whatever I have found, all are 6000k and up - too blue.
Old 23rd July 2014, 17:55   #8320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Any pointers for white (~4500k) w5w bulbs/leds? From whatever I have found, all are 6000k and up - too blue.

Try philips LEDs. I have used a couple of models and they go well with the xenons. The particular model I am using now is the best as it doesn't have that - bright spot on the LED and much lesser light everywhere else - effect which is common with most of the LED parking light bulbs. IMHO those ones don't look nice. I will try to find out this particular model no. which I am using right now. It might say 6K but compared to the other LEDs available in the market, these look more white than bluish as if they were part of car's OE equipment. I think these were imported ones. Lemme check.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1406119705.061845.jpg

That's the one I mentioned above. Look for this particular model. Don't go by just T10. Look for 12958 T10.

Mods kindly excuse the back to back posting. Just wanted to post the pic of that particular model I had mentioned above. Thanks.

Last edited by n_aditya : 31st July 2014 at 14:09. Reason: Posts merged
Old 25th July 2014, 01:38   #8321
BHPian

Which car? : Honda Brio.
What I am looking for : Better cabin lighting.
Help needed with : Are aftermarket led lights available for the cabin any good?Which ones to buy.
Has anyone used them?I saw a post where a member had done a similar thing for his swift. Are they any good?
Old 25th July 2014, 01:42   #8322

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Attaching two screen shots taken from Ebay giving crisp information about the seller:

Attachment 1264279

Attachment 1264280

Higher the rating better the selling process and secure payments, product information and delivery.

Top-rated sellers and ones having a score above 98% are worthwhile to deal with.

Anurag.
Thanks a ton anurag. I'll follow the tip while checking out the sites.
Cheers
Old 25th July 2014, 20:06   #8323
BHPian

I recently swapped the stock headlamps of my one week old Ertiga with Osram Night Breaker Unlimited (60/55W). The light throw of the high beam is pretty good. However, I felt the low beam is just as same as the stock bulb.

Has anyone else who installed these felt the same?
Old 27th July 2014, 07:27   #8324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post

I had a bad experience shopping from Vicky. Not only did they send me the wrong product but they never responded to my complaint as well. Please avoid Vicky.
Old 30th July 2014, 12:43   #8325
BHPian

Last week end I drove my 8 months old Ertiga heavily in the night and coupled with Rains. The Stock bulbs were horrible. I was having tough time in negotiating rough roads and oncoming traffic. Please suggest a good upgrade along with options for Wipers as well. If i buy the relay and bulbs online, will the service center guys install the same. If not i need suggestions in Hyderabad/Kukatpally where I can get it done.

Thanks

Most Viewed