Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2014, 14:07   #8281
BANNED

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-katz View Post
Has anyone heard of Koito projectors? I came across this link while using FB - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Proje...21053718058538.

This guy is based in Bangalore so I asked him for a quote for projectors for my polo. He suggested the Koito Q5 square projectors with 6000K H1 bulbs (Chinese make) along with the appropriate wiring harness and ballast. He is quoting Rs 16k for a pair of headlamps. It is supposed to be a plug and play operation for any car is what I understand.
For projectors you will have to open the housing, so not exactly PnP.
Old 10th July 2014, 14:45   #8282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam55 View Post
Hi...I just bought myself a pair of light force 240 blitz...I was wondering if anyone knew a good place to get them fixed in Bangalore...also I'm going to use this on my ford endevour any suggestions were to fix it...
2K is probably too high to pay if you know the right people. I did a temp job for 500 Rs. I say temp because it was an emergency. Didn't have the time for welding. This was done in an hours time. Check out http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-no-holes.html. But there are vibrations. I'm sure I can get a permanent job done for about 1 K.

When I have more time, I'll do what I did for the same lights that were fitted on my Scorpio (now sold). See - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2775883. These were welded. Firm like rock. No vibrations whatsoever. Whether idle or moving. Paid 700 bucks in 2010. Need to go back and get the lights redone for the XUV.

Last edited by triedeverything : 10th July 2014 at 14:47.
Old 10th July 2014, 15:56   #8283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Last night one of thebulbs died on me, They lasted this long. Now the issue is that I can not buy a single Bulb meaning I have to buy a set of 2 bulbs + 2 parking bulbs - about Rs1,200
Why the parking bulbs? They fused too?

Keep the current one as spare (or one of the new ones). Next time one conks - you will still have a backup!
Old 10th July 2014, 16:05   #8284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam55 View Post
I got my light force fixed from a guy on double road recomended by the one who I purchased it from. They look great, I'm having a slight problem, there is a lot of vibration in the lights when the car is in idle but as soon as I give throttle it seems to be fine. Is that normal? Infact I'm on my way to get them checked.
Mine don't vibrate to such an extent that it causes any kind of problem as such. They only vibrate while starting the car (but then again, so does the gear level ). Otherwise, the fitting was to my satisfaction. How much did they charge you? Which wiring kit did you install?
Old 10th July 2014, 16:52   #8285

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I guess there should be a rubber packing placed between the metal parts to avoid the transfer the vibrations to the lights.

Also get the placement checked, whether it is fouling with the body parts that could be transferring the vibrations.

Anurag.
Jus got them checked,the guy is unable to figure it out,the clams don't seem to be vibrating but the lights are,used a rubber padding still no vibrating,will go back to him again on Monday he will open the whole thing and may be try n re-fix or change the position,
Old 10th July 2014, 17:42   #8286

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
Mine don't vibrate to such an extent that it causes any kind of problem as such. They only vibrate while starting the car (but then again, so does the gear level ). Otherwise, the fitting was to my satisfaction. How much did they charge you? Which wiring kit did you install?
He charged me 2800/-dint put the light force wiring kit.i think he put a local one not sure if it's any brand,vibrating when the vehicle starts is understood you should see mine there is continues vibration when. The vehicle is in idle and even the slightest throttle and the vibration stops.hope fully he will be able to rectify it.
Old 11th July 2014, 01:44   #8287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Why the parking bulbs? They fused too?

Keep the current one as spare (or one of the new ones). Next time one conks - you will still have a backup!
Crystal vision h4s come as a set of 4 2 main bulbs and 2 parking bulbs for rs 1200.

I didn't feel like spending 1200 just for 1 bulb replacement.
Went to a local garage and got everything removed and fitted back the original stock headlight and parking bulbs.
The OEM ones are way too yellow! I miss the pure white light of the crystal visions.

While Driving in the rains today with the OEM bulbs, things were back to the way it was originally-> poor lighting, poor visibility, had to struggle with the lever even that didn't help, Sicking yellow color.
Now I realize how big of a difference the Philips made.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 11th July 2014 at 01:47.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 09:06   #8288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Crystal vision h4s come as a set of 4 2 main bulbs and 2 parking bulbs for rs 1200.
Oh, didn't know that!

Quote:
I didn't feel like spending 1200 just for 1 bulb replacement.
Went to a local garage and got everything removed and fitted back the original stock headlight and parking bulbs.
The OEM ones are way too yellow! I miss the pure white light of the crystal visions.

While Driving in the rains today with the OEM bulbs, things were back to the way it was originally-> poor lighting, poor visibility, had to struggle with the lever even that didn't help, Sicking yellow color.
Now I realize how big of a difference the Philips made.
Well, isn't it usually the other way around? The whiter light makes visibility poor in rain/fog whereas the yellowish lights don't. Atleast that's what I have been reading all around. Yes - reading - no practical experience of crystal visions.

I use the Xtreme Vision - which are quite close to stock in colour temp.
Old 11th July 2014, 09:11   #8289
BANNED

Quote:
Well, isn't it usually the other way around? The whiter light makes visibility poor in rain/fog whereas the yellowish lights don't.

Yes you are right. White light is if no use in rains hence lower visibility.

IIRC, the upper limit is 5000k. Above which it is useless in rains plus harming the oncoming users.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 09:30   #8290
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone used and can give a quick comparo between Hella and Philips 100W H7 bulbs?

I'm using Hella 100W H7 low beam bulbs and they are blowing very frequently of late. I do lot of night highway runs so need a reliable set of bulbs. So thinking of changing over to Philips, recommendations please!
Old 11th July 2014, 11:40   #8291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh, didn't know that!

Well, isn't it usually the other way around? The whiter light makes visibility poor in rain/fog whereas the yellowish lights don't. Atleast that's what I have been reading all around. Yes - reading - no practical experience of crystal visions.

Not really, this is only true once you cross the 5000K color spectrum.
By that logic then most high end cars -> Bmers, audis, etc come with HID projectors with 5000K bulbs (White light in simple words) so shouldn't these cars also suffer the same?

Yes the Extreme Vision is similar to the stock but its slightly less yellowish color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Has anyone used and can give a quick comparo between Hella and Philips 100W H7 bulbs?

I'm using Hella 100W H7 low beam bulbs and they are blowing very frequently of late. I do lot of night highway runs so need a reliable set of bulbs. So thinking of changing over to Philips, recommendations please!
How Frequent is frequent? Once a year?
Generally I found Philips do last longer than the Hella's
If you can not find Philips then try Osram.

Are you using any relays for the 100W bulbs? 99% of the time this kind of problem is caused by a bad bulb holder. (Lose connection/contact in the bulb holder)
Old 11th July 2014, 11:42   #8292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How Frequent is frequent? Once a year?
Generally I found Philips do last longer than the Hella's
If you can not find Philips then try Osram.

Are you using any relays for the 100W bulbs? 99% of the time this kind of problem is caused by a bad bulb holder. (Lose connection/contact in the bulb holder)
Of late either the left or the right bulb is blowing every 2 months. I have a Roots wiring kit with ceramic holders, they're of good quality though.
Old 11th July 2014, 12:20   #8293
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not really, this is only true once you cross the 5000K color spectrum.
By that logic then most high end cars -> Bmers, audis, etc come with HID projectors with 5000K bulbs (White light in simple words) so shouldn't these cars also suffer the same?

Yes the Extreme Vision is similar to the stock but its slightly less yellowish color.
I guess the HID+projectors help those guys . While in the case of Crystal vision, these are just normal "blue" coated halogen bulbs and ordinary reflectors.
Old 11th July 2014, 12:26   #8294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
..The fog lamp in my Swift is misaligned. The left side one throws light straight ahead but the right side one throws light towards the right totally. It is driving with right eye closed as it can see only the sides and not the front whereas the left eye can see in the front..

Anurag.
Check for the entire fog lamp assembly installation in its housing in Bumper: If you find them properly installed in the housing & still are misaligned:
1: > PLease check if the right reflector has given away, (broken from its housing inside the assembly) & is hanging.
2: > If you have recently changed bulbs, Try replacing the bulb again or simply switch left bulb with right & check.
3: > Replace the fog lamp assembly as a last option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanekid View Post
Can anyone direct me to a reliable seller where in I can get genuine 90/100 Philips Xtreme Vision H4 for my Dzire ?
>> Philips X-Tremes have highest ratings at 60/55, they are not available at 100/90.
Hella's can be a good replacement as 100/90, with a wiring kit that costs around 800-900

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 11th July 2014 at 12:49.
Old 11th July 2014, 13:18   #8295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Of late either the left or the right bulb is blowing every 2 months. I have a Roots wiring kit with ceramic holders, they're of good quality though.
I would check the relays. A faulty holder can cause this. If the holders are fine then start with the Fuse -> then Voltage output.

Quote:
I guess the HID+projectors help those guys . While in the case of Crystal vision, these are just normal "blue" coated halogen bulbs and ordinary reflectors.
Yes but in the end the spectrum is the same, the output Kelvin rating remains the same and doesn't change if its HID or a blue coating.
Absolutely the projectors do help a lot.

But a simple rule to remain safe is to stay within 5000K

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks