Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2014, 17:27   #8161
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Sorry guys i'm sure this must have been answered a while back but i cant seem to find it on the thread.

The head lights on the Rapid are H4 and i have changed those to NB, what are the fog lamps? Looks rather funny to have white HL's and yellow fogs.

Also the interior light of the Polo are very dim any suggestions for a unit upgrade or bulb replacement?
Old 19th May 2014, 19:51   #8162
BHPian

Added sill plates to my Figo
Total 6 pc fitted.
Cost involved: ₹ 990/- x 2 sets. Purchased from ebay india.
Connected to the dome light.
Fitting charge: free (done by me)
Prize: satisfaction
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1400509235.235670.jpgAuto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1400509247.769628.jpgAuto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1400509259.486673.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
lovecars21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2014, 00:53   #8163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecars21 View Post
Added sill plates to my Figo
Total 6 pc fitted.
Cost involved: ₹ 990/- x 2 sets. Purchased from ebay india.
Connected to the dome light.
Fitting charge: free (done by me)
Prize: satisfaction

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
does one have to drill holes on the sills for the wires?
Old 20th May 2014, 08:52   #8164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Thanks SagarPadaki, Really Appreciate your help on this. I was browsing their Ebay Store and they seem to have two options for H7 (One is Premium and one is not with prices 11.5k and 9k respectively). There is no mention of D2S or D2R nor the color temperature of light output. I am basically looking for 4300K.

Anyway, As you said Philips should have H7 D2R in 4300k. Not able to find it online. Anyplace you know?
Frankly i am also not sure what is the difference between the premium and the normal H7 kit. You better drop them a mail asking for the difference.

Yes P8 does not have D2R and D2S specific HID kits. If you want specific ones then go for Philips HID kit. Anyway since you will be spending close to 10K it makes sense to go for Philips HID kit with CANBUS ballasts since normal ballasts will throw up bulb fuse error on VAG cars. Again i dont know if P8 HID ballasts are CANBUS compatiable. You need to contact them

Yes 4300K is the best temperature.Anything over that is a waste in wet conditions.

Even i am unable to see Philips HID kits online . Suggest you drop a mail to philips directly stating your requirements and hope they revert back.
Old 20th May 2014, 10:57   #8165
Distinguished - BHPian

Adding a 90/100 kit to the Figo has been vetoed because of concerns that the headlight housing cracks/dulls up on usage.

Thinking of adding a pair of good aux lamps to the Ford Figo. I plan to install the lamps within the radiator grill you see here on the front fascia of the car. It will be between the radiator and the grill.

Are there any concerns to having it fitted this way? I am hoping there is enough space there to fit the lamps.

1. What brand, and power should I go for? Something that is water resistant will be best. I need exceptional throw.
2. What switch do I connect it to on the inside?
3. Where in Bangalore/online can I get them? How much do they cost?
4. Who is the best person to have them installed?
5. Can I get this done by adding an additional harness as opposed to cutting existing wires?
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-ford_figo_02.jpg  

Old 20th May 2014, 11:45   #8166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Adding a 90/100 kit to the Figo has been vetoed because of concerns that the headlight housing cracks/dulls up on usage.

Thinking of adding a pair of good aux lamps to the Ford Figo. I plan to install the lamps within the radiator grill you see here on the front fascia of the car. It will be between the radiator and the grill.

Are there any concerns to having it fitted this way? I am hoping there is enough space there to fit the lamps.
Redliner,
The link below should help you,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2847508

I had fitted Hella Comet 500's on my Figo sometime back. I had replaced the stock bulbs of the car to 90/100 as well which made a difference from the stock ones for sure, but needed more brightness as it was as good as no lights when faced with high beams.
The Hella Comets came with 50w bulbs which I replaced with 100w. Not legal at all, but I use it only when required, outside city limits.

1. What brand, and power should I go for? Something that is water resistant will be best. I need exceptional throw.
=Hella Comet 500 is more of point than spread. There are other Hella models which have spread. They come with 50w bulbs which can be changed to higher ones.

2. What switch do I connect it to on the inside?=I got a separate switch made by which I did not have to cut the dash at any point.

3. Where in Bangalore/online can I get them? How much do they cost?= Sachins AutoShop at Koramangla. Costed me 5k for all 18 months back.

4. Who is the best person to have them installed?= see above.

5. Can I get this done by adding an additional harness as opposed to cutting existing wires?= Yes, this would be the better way to do it.

Check out the effect below ,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...o-1-2-a-2.html
Old 20th May 2014, 11:58   #8167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Redliner, The link below should help you,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2847508
Thanks man! I have kind of zeroed in on the 700FF's but I also happened to read about these: http://www.shop4hella.com/listProduc...tId=1&CatgId=2

Click Premium Light Micro DE. A few people on the forum have been caught using it, hope I can get some feedback from them. If not these, will go in for the 700FF.

Hella ships the wiring harness along with a relay, so no worries there. The switches on the dash are blank...can't I just get an additional switch like the rear defogger and put it there...?

With the 700FF I can stick to the stock 55w bulbs which people say are adequate (and I don't need to upgrade the harness too to handle the additional load).

The only concern is will these fog lamps fit into the space between the radiator and the front grill? Therefore will not look obtrusive.

Note from Support - Quoted post edited. Please avoid quoting an entire post as it inconveniences our mobile and small screen users.

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st May 2014 at 10:45.
Old 20th May 2014, 12:09   #8168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks man! I have kind of zeroed in on the 700FF's but I also happened to read about these: http://www.shop4hella.com/listProduc...tId=1&CatgId=2

Click Premium Light Micro DE. A few people on the forum have been caught using it, hope I can get some feedback from them. If not these, will go in for the 700FF.

Hella ships the wiring harness along with a relay, so no worries there. The switches on the dash are blank...can't I just get an additional switch like the rear defogger and put it there...?

With the 700FF I can stick to the stock 55w bulbs which people say are adequate (and I don't need to upgrade the harness too to handle the additional load).

The only concern is will these fog lamps fit into the space between the radiator and the front grill? Therefore will not look obtrusive.
Not able to check that link since I in office. Will check it later.

You can use one of the blank switches on the dash as well. I did not want to do that since I was worried of the workmanship and using that switch while driving will need some getting used to. Mine is a switch that is fitted in the gap between the steering column and the dash , which is much easier to use.

The best place to fix the lamps and will look good, is the same spot I have fitted them. I did not want them welded either. So got a L clamp made, there are holes present already on the front crash member , which needs to be made a little bigger and bolt the clamps on there. Works perfectly. 0 vibrations or shaking of the lamps .

Cannot remember off hand if that gap in the bumper is present below the grille on the facelifted Figo, if that is what you have.

Last edited by tharian : 20th May 2014 at 12:10.
Old 20th May 2014, 12:11   #8169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You can use one of the blank switches on the dash as well. I did not want to do that since I was worried of the workmanship and using that switch while driving will need some getting used to. Mine is a switch that is fitted in the gap between the steering column and the dash , which is much easier to use.
Thanks, am also looking into the 50FF's which look really sweet. How much did the installation at Sachin's cost you? Did he do the bracket's and everything for you? Custom job or did he have it ready?

Note from Support - Quoted post edited. Please avoid quoting an entire post as it inconveniences our mobile and small screen users.

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st May 2014 at 10:45.
Old 20th May 2014, 12:41   #8170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, am also looking into the 50FF's which look really sweet. How much did the installation at Sachin's cost you? Did he do the bracket's and everything for you? Custom job or did he have it ready?
Costed me 5k for all,(clamps, wiring, switch, relay) 18 months back.
Clamp is custom made . One of the guys will take you to a welding shop nearby and will make it and you can customize it there.

I actually went over there thinking of buying the 500FF which was a bit above my budget and I did not like the design of the covers. It needs to look good and go with the car as well, when not in use.
Old 20th May 2014, 13:16   #8171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Costed me 5k for all,(clamps, wiring, switch, relay) 18 months back.
Thanks. I think the prices have gone up significantly now.

I meant the 50FF: http://www.myhellalights.com/index.p...0-series/ff50/

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st May 2014 at 10:46.
Old 20th May 2014, 13:39   #8172
BHPian

After using Philips 100/90, my i10's reflector has started showing marks of melting .

Hence to prevent further damage, I am planning to get rid of relays and higher wattage. Currently for H4, Philips has 3 varities as per their site, WhiteVision (white light 4100K) , Xtreme Vision (100% more light but normal yellow light) and Bluevision(4000K, towards whitish light).

How would Xtreme vision perform as against 100/90? Especially on highways. Since the other 2 are more towards white light, I am not considering those since performance in rains is a question mark.
Old 20th May 2014, 14:02   #8173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
After using Philips 100/90, my i10's reflector has started showing marks of melting .

Hence to prevent further damage, I am planning to get rid of relays and higher wattage. Currently for H4, Philips has 3 varities as per their site, WhiteVision (white light 4100K) , Xtreme Vision (100% more light but normal yellow light) and Bluevision(4000K, towards whitish light).

How would Xtreme vision perform as against 100/90? Especially on highways. Since the other 2 are more towards white light, I am not considering those since performance in rains is a question mark.
Hello Dodge_Viper,

Philips EV will not give you 100% more light than stock head lamp.
I have used those EV in my Ertiga and i found max to max 30 to 40% increase. These are not helpful in dark road. So Recently i have upgraded my headlamp to 90/100 setup.

Check my thread :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...iga-zxi-5.html

If budget is not an issue then i will suggest for HID setup. Or may be HID + Projector setup.
KALINGA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2014, 17:27   #8174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Buying depends upon your preference. No harm in ordering online unless there are some issues related to delivery in your area or something on those lines. But if you have the time its better you do some field work and check if the same bulbs are available for a lesser price in any of spare parts shops. Avoid accessory shops unless they are reputed since they may try to sell you older stuff or even fake ones. Spare part shops are much reliable IMO.
ok.i found a couple of online stores that have prices that differ by aprox 50-100 INR.will do some fieldwork(spare part shops) and then get them replaced.

Another question i had was which ones are better,white,bluish white or yellow in terms of visibility/throw and not annoying the oncoming driver(i hate it when a car with lights that have more blue than white is coming towards me ) i believe i one wants clear white light,they must invest in good projector lamps.personal choice.
Also if it is white light,then i will have to replace the fog lamps too i guess.White and yellow never complimented each other
Old 20th May 2014, 18:11   #8175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bread View Post

Another question i had was which ones are better,white,bluish white or yellow in terms of visibility/throw and not annoying the oncoming driver(i hate it when a car with lights that have more blue than white is coming towards me ) i believe i one wants clear white light,they must invest in good projector lamps.personal choice.
Also if it is white light,then i will have to replace the fog lamps too i guess.White and yellow never complimented each other
With halogen bulbs which aren't tinted blue, you will at the most get whitish yellow or yellowish white. You wont get pure white or blue output unless the bulbs are of the tinted type such as crystal vision. Even with that you get cool white and bluish tint is very faint. Hence they arent annoying to oncoming vehicles. Personally having used Xtremevision and Nightbreakers, after which I finally switched to the Rallys. All the three bulbs offer a colour temperature close to white. This definitely reduces eye strain in dark places compared to the yellowish stock bulbs.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks