Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2014, 17:27   #8266
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Hi,

Here is how Philips Crystal vision looks.

In total darkness the bright white light lights up everything around, but for city conditions its not that great.
Small clip taken from the dash board cam.
Last night one of thebulbs died on me, They lasted this long. Now the issue is that I can not buy a single Bulb meaning I have to buy a set of 2 bulbs + 2 parking bulbs - about Rs1,200
Old 1st July 2014, 17:52   #8267

Quote:
Originally Posted by bread View Post
I will repeat the advice that one of the mods here gave me when I was looking for sellers. Do some research for prices online and in local stores.
For local stores,go to reputed shops that sell spares. Accessories shops may give you an older bulb.

I got mine from a local shop. Got a pair of 60/55 H4 Xtremevision for my brio for 1300 rs with fitting.
Thanks for the advice.
Actually, I have researched for this particular bulb and it isn't available on any of the site. Amazon India shows its available with one of its sellers but the page would redirect so that is also of no use.
I have got an idea about the pricing and frankly won't mind spending a few extra bucks for a genuine one as the local shops aren't truth worthy even a bit.
Old 1st July 2014, 17:56   #8268
BHPian

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/hell...-car/112822653
these are quite popular. look around for user reviews.
Old 2nd July 2014, 16:49   #8269

Hi...I just bought myself a pair of light force 240 blitz...I was wondering if anyone knew a good place to get them fixed in Bangalore...also I'm going to use this on my ford endevour any suggestions were to fix it...
Old 2nd July 2014, 17:59   #8270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam55 View Post
Hi...I just bought myself a pair of light force 240 blitz...I was wondering if anyone knew a good place to get them fixed in Bangalore...also I'm going to use this on my ford endevour any suggestions were to fix it...
Congrats! Those are a pair of awesome lights! Been using them since over a year now. No issues.
Where did you buy them from? And how much are they going for nowadays? Didn't the shop get the fixing done for you?
Old 2nd July 2014, 19:57   #8271

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
Congrats! Those are a pair of awesome lights! Been using them since over a year now. No issues.
Where did you buy them from? And how much are they going for nowadays? Didn't the shop get the fixing done for

Paid 29000 for these bought it from car trends in coz town...
Actually my wife bought these for me...the guy we bought it from have me an address on double road..I was a little surprised that after paying 29k...they did not fit it..and apparently it u need to buy a wiring kit seperately as well...

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 2nd July 2014 at 20:40. Reason: Dotty post
Old 2nd July 2014, 20:52   #8272
BHPian

Quote:
...the guy we bought it from have me an address on double road..I was a little surprised that after paying 29k...they did not fit it..and apparently it u need to buy a wiring kit seperately as well...
Yes you would have to buy a separate wiring kit. I got mine installed from the guy in double road as well.
Old 2nd July 2014, 21:06   #8273

Quote:
Yes you would have to buy a separate wiring kit. I got mine installed from the guy in double road as well.
Can u pls let me know where exactly it is,his contact no how much would he charge etc,also I heard that these lights can interfere with the cars air flow if not positioned correctly
Old 9th July 2014, 01:06   #8274
BHPian

Has anyone heard of Koito projectors? I came across this link while using FB - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Proje...21053718058538.

This guy is based in Bangalore so I asked him for a quote for projectors for my polo. He suggested the Koito Q5 square projectors with 6000K H1 bulbs (Chinese make) along with the appropriate wiring harness and ballast. He is quoting Rs 16k for a pair of headlamps. It is supposed to be a plug and play operation for any car is what I understand.
Old 9th July 2014, 07:15   #8275
BHPian

After 7 years think its time to upgrade my Gypsy's lighting! Reading through this thread i see some contradictory comments wrt OSRAM and Phillips XV so would appreciate some clarification.

Stock was H4 type 55/60W. Changed to MM550 type HL Seal beam (multi-reflector type) with ceramic holder. Bulbs were changed to 90/100 Phillips Rallye (i think, not XV) with Phillips make relay - came as a kit for around ~800 bucks. Also changed to ceramic holders on recco of the accessories shop fellow. Lighting has always been sub-par. throw towards the front is ok, however poor lighting of the shoulders. Visibility in Fog/Rain is absolute pits! Additional problem is that when driving with lights on in Rainy conditions, the glass tends to crack sometimes. Has happened twice so far!

I am looking for a decent upgrade that will provide ok throw but with better lighting of the road shoulder area.

Getting new design bumpers done for the front and rear which will have 3-4" built-in sockets for Fog Lamps. I think I was shown Hella type lamps with H7 type bulbs.

Request suggestions for Headlights and Fog lamps. Want to avoid HID as far as possible.

Headlights - H4 90/100W Phillips X-Tremevision/OSRAM Ultimate 4300K
Fog - H4/H7 ??W - 2000-3500K.

Does shape of the Fog lamp and color of the glass matter? One accessory guy said something about rectangular shaped fog lamps being more effective than round ones. Is that true? He also suggested going for red LED lamps in the rear for visibility instead of Fog lamps.
Old 9th July 2014, 15:38   #8276
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-katz View Post
Has anyone heard of Koito projectors? I came across this link while using FB - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Proje...21053718058538.
It's a good brand but I would recommend fxr when compared to Koito. The low beam projection isnt great in Koito.
Old 9th July 2014, 18:36   #8277
BHPian

Quote:
Can u pls let me know where exactly it is,his contact no how much would he charge etc,also I heard that these lights can interfere with the cars air flow if not positioned correctly
Sorry for the late reply.
This was done at the same place. Just off double road. I don't have his number though. The guys from whom you purchased it should be able to provide it to you. Did you get them installed? I was charged around 2k if I remember correctly.
97_Octane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2014, 19:52   #8278
BHPian

Hi all, can someone suggest where I can buy an OEM fog lamp kit for my VW Polo ? I saw this on Google http://www.snapdeal.com/product/auto...hite/664789301. The manufacturer is DLAA - a Chinese auto parts supplier - but I'm not sure it's ok / trustworthy. The product description says "Manufactured by OEM approved manufacturer that meets OE standards". It's about Rs 5,000. Definitely a better option than buying the whole thing from the A.S.S. which would cost Rs 20k+. My A.S.S. indicated they can fit the fog lamps within 2 hours at a cost of Rs 1,000 so for Rs 6,000 in all it's not a bad deal. Now I need to know where I can buy the fog lamps from.

Thanks!
Old 10th July 2014, 12:51   #8279

Quote:
Sorry for the late reply.
This was done at the same place. Just off double road. I don't have his number though. The guys from whom you purchased it should be able to provide it to you. Did you get them installed? I was charged around 2k if I remember correctly.
I got my light force fixed from a guy on double road recomended by the one who I purchased it from. They look great, I'm having a slight problem, there is a lot of vibration in the lights when the car is in idle but as soon as I give throttle it seems to be fine. Is that normal? Infact I'm on my way to get them checked.
Old 10th July 2014, 13:27   #8280
BANNED

Quote:
there is a lot of vibration in the lights when the car is in idle but as soon as I give throttle it seems to be fine. Is that normal?
I guess there should be a rubber packing placed between the metal parts to avoid the transfer the vibrations to the lights.

Also get the placement checked, whether it is fouling with the body parts that could be transferring the vibrations.

Anurag.

Most Viewed