Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2016, 08:56   #9811
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Arya View Post
Thank you Raikkonen; appreciate your help very much. I was able to find something similar on Amazon. One of my friends also suggested using Loctite Red 271 on the bolts which will make them virtually impossible to unscrew (per his comments). Any experience with this method to secure...
The issue with Loctite Red (as I understand) is that it enables PERMANENT fastening of your nuts. What would you do if you want to unscrew/remove or modify the Aux lights in future??? - say for modification or upon sale of vehicle etc..

Anti lock nuts are just nuts which some with a special key (specific to that nut type). The nuts cannot be tightened or loosened without this special key and therefore useful if you need to remove them in future.
Old 26th April 2016, 09:32   #9812
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
The issue with Loctite Red (as I understand) is that it enables PERMANENT fastening of your nuts. What would you do if you want to unscrew/remove or modify the Aux lights in future??? - say for modification or upon sale of vehicle etc.
Stuff like Loctite red while stopping unraveling / unscrewing on its own, forms a seal which is quite easily broken by putting a spanner (or equivalent) to it. So do not worry that much as it does come off quite easily.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 09:35   #9813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Stuff like Loctite red while stopping unraveling / unscrewing on its own, forms a seal which is quite easily broken by putting a spanner (or equivalent) to it. So do not worry that much as it does come off quite easily.
Thanks. Was not aware of that.

In that sense it would defeat the purpose of using Loctite as a mechanism/mode to prevent theft of nuts and thereby not of much use for Arya's requirement.
Old 27th April 2016, 14:11   #9814
BHPian

Hi,
I wish to upgrade the high beam on my Skoda superb. I checked with service center and they dont recommend any upgrades. I did read that changing bulbs or wiring can show error in the displays. I did buy a pair of philips H3 100W bulbs but dont think i can use it without a relay kit.
Any advice on replacement with no error pop ups or a good installer in Bangalore will be helpful.
Thanks,
Ajith
Old 27th April 2016, 15:17   #9815
BHPian

A year back, I had upgraded my Polo(GT TSi) bulbs to 100/90W(hella) along with the relay(hella). Recently, I have started getting the problem with the light switch. Even after I switch off the headlight, headlight used to stay on for a minute or two. It would not go off even after switching off the engine and removing the key.

Only solution was to turn the light switch off, stop the engine, and then start the engine.

I had taken the car to the VW dealer, and the SA mentioned that it is a problem with the relay. After this went to the accessory shop(Throttle in Jayanagar 7th Block, Bangalore), and got the relay replaced with the Philips.

Now everything is working fine.
shetty_rohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 16:42   #9816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
and got the relay replaced with the Philips.

Now everything is working fine.
Sounds like a case of sticking relay. The springs that return the contact points to off position must have gone bad. Imagine this happening to a horn relay!
Darth Sid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 19:57   #9817
BHPian

I had the 90/100 Philips Kit fitted on my older Car and was pretty happy with that,
I was totally disappointed with Stock lighting of my Rapid.
When I inquired about the upgrade they refused and also informed that will void Warranty for my Rapid.
However, They offered to fit a Zenon HID Kit - GENOME, Which I went ahead and got fitted, I have this for Low beam, and a replaced the stock High beam bulbs with Philips Xtreme Vision+130,

However, I am still not satisfied with the lighting.
I am considering changing my Fogs as well, And, fitting a pair of Hella Rallye 3003 Compact. My primary use is for Highway driving, Not Off-Roading..

Appreciate any feedback on this, and request Rapid Owners - If they have this fitted to post some Pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameaa View Post
Hi,
I wish to upgrade the high beam on my Skoda superb. I checked with service center and they dont recommend any upgrades.
Ajith
Old 28th April 2016, 05:21   #9818
BHPian

Hello folks!

A friend is planning to upgrade the stock headlight setup in his Camry to HIDs. He has just one concern if HIDs are useful in fog (ofcourse on low beam) or will they not be effective in fog and he should not take HID route?

-Bhargav
Old 28th April 2016, 13:18   #9819
BHPian

Guys,
I am considering fitting a pair of Hella Rallye 3003 Compact. My primary use is for Highway driving, Not Off-Roading. I already have a Xenon HID Kit for Low beam, and Philips Xtreme Vision+130 for High beam,
Also, would like to get a recommendation for changing my Fogs lamps,

Appreciate any information/feedback on this.
Old 28th April 2016, 17:40   #9820
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Head light & Fog light Bulb Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Wow! Thank you for the link. Since you said they will ship faster, I am assuming these guys are located in India? I however already ordered my bulbs from Ebay.com
Yup based out of bangalore!
Old 28th April 2016, 22:37   #9821
BHPian

Guys need some urgent help. Am buying Morimoto Hid system from US via friend and i got some doubts.
I have GT TSI 2015 model with h7 harness. Should i buy hd relay or canbus? TRS says, buy canbus harness only if your car has bulb warning on dash. Does polo indian version have bulb out warning?
Also am confused between 4500k and 5500k. Am looking for premium car like output. Say output of a Mercedes. Which one should i go? Please let me know ASAP. Thanks in advance
Old 28th April 2016, 23:25   #9822
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid93 View Post
Also am confused between 4500k and 5500k. Am looking for premium car like output.
Visibility will be better in the 4500K, IMO.
About the harness - out of my area. I will leave the experts to answer that
Old 28th April 2016, 23:48   #9823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Visibility will be better in the 4500K, IMO.
About the harness - out of my area. I will leave the experts to answer that

Thanks. I got CR70 on front windshield and i find even philips xtreme vision bit yellowish. Thats why am confused between 4500k and 5500k. Still should i go for 4500k?
Old 29th April 2016, 01:13   #9824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Yes - it will be difficult to troubleshoot any issues. Like I said, it it a bit of a gamble.
Guess what! even TRS has started selling them. Looks like they are selling it without bulbs and I would want your help to understand what bulbs do you use with them in your Ecosport. I'm really not interested in opening up the headlights and getting a projector retrofit so this seems to be a good option now. Kindly share some more details on your installation. I'd want to use Morimoto/Philips/Osram HID with these mini projectors.

Link to the product at TRS:
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/cl...l#.VyJmdEdUXMs
Old 29th April 2016, 06:47   #9825
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid93 View Post
Guys need some urgent help. Am buying Morimoto Hid system from US via friend and i got some doubts.
I have GT TSI 2015 model with h7 harness. Should i buy hd relay or canbus? TRS says, buy canbus harness only if your car has bulb warning on dash. Does polo indian version have bulb out warning?
Also am confused between 4500k and 5500k. Am looking for premium car like output. Say output of a Mercedes. Which one should i go? Please let me know ASAP. Thanks in advance
Get the canbus kit. 4500k will be yellow light with a white tinge. This wont be the effect that you are looking for. If you want the premium "effect", go for 5500k (usually it's advertised as 6000k - pure white light with a blue tinge) but as condor suggested, 4500k will have better visibility. I hope you got the projectors for the TSI .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks