Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2016, 15:52   #9736
BHPian

Any idea what lights are used in the interiors of the current gen Vento? Looking to replace them with LEDs along with the parking lights.
Old 1st April 2016, 11:55   #9737
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Any idea what lights are used in the interiors of the current gen Vento? Looking to replace them with LEDs along with the parking lights.
I am in the same boat, looking for a good replacement for the Philips X-treme Vision H4 in my 2013 Vento. I am looking for a plug and play option so don't want to go for projectors and HID as they require modifying the headlights.

Philips provide a LED solution if form of single unit H4 LED bulbs, here is what they look like:

Name:  12953BWX2IMSen_IN.png
Views: 2725
Size:  100.8 KB

Considering them because:

1) Plug and play, can install them easily at home.
2) LED's will use much less power and they claim to provide 150% more light
3) Comes with own heat sink not the fans that comes with Chinese Led lights so don't have to worry about over heating.
4) No modifications required to stock wiring at all. will use the same connectors.

Whats stopping me:

1) Way to expensive, dealer is quoting me INR 12,000 for these
2) Some bad reviews claiming that they start flickering after couple of months.
3) Never seen them in any other car so not so sure about performance.

More details about them: http://www.philips.co.in/c-p/12953BW...-lamp/overview

If I decide to get them will post a review here.
P242 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 14:33   #9738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P242 View Post
I am in the same boat, looking for a good replacement for the Philips X-treme Vision H4 in my 2013 Vento. I am looking for a plug and play option so don't want to go for projectors and HID as they require modifying the headlights.

Philips provide a LED solution if form of single unit H4 LED bulbs, here is what they look like:

Attachment 1492788

Considering them because:

1) Plug and play, can install them easily at home.
2) LED's will use much less power and they claim to provide 150% more light
3) Comes with own heat sink not the fans that comes with Chinese Led lights so don't have to worry about over heating.
4) No modifications required to stock wiring at all. will use the same connectors.

Whats stopping me:

1) Way to expensive, dealer is quoting me INR 12,000 for these
2) Some bad reviews claiming that they start flickering after couple of months.
3) Never seen them in any other car so not so sure about performance.

More details about them: http://www.philips.co.in/c-p/12953BW...-lamp/overview

If I decide to get them will post a review here.
Don't.

Firstly these LEDs are only 1000 Lumens(Low beam) / 1250 Lumens (High beam). So they are not much better than existing halogens. Getting Osram NightBreakers or Phillips ExtremeVision+ will give you better light at a fraction of the cost.

Secondly the heatsink is minimal. Life under constant use will be an issue.
sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 14:46   #9739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Don't.

Firstly these LEDs are only 1000 Lumens(Low beam) / 1250 Lumens (High beam). So they are not much better than existing halogens. Getting Osram NightBreakers or Phillips ExtremeVision+ will give you better light at a fraction of the cost.

Thanks for the info , I am already using Philips Extreme vision 60/55; though they are good but not enough highway journeys in the dark. The only option left is to get a 100/90 setup with relays.
Old 1st April 2016, 21:00   #9740
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info , I am already using Philips Extreme vision 60/55; though they are good but not enough highway journeys in the dark. The only option left is to get a 100/90 setup with relays.
If you need the additional lights mainly for highway use look at a combo light bar from Aliexpress. I have shortlisted the latest lens type units that use 5W leds from Osram. I only need to decide on a suitable power rating.

Some leads:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/120W-...548300969.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-...267319497.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/20-In...252101796.html
Old 1st April 2016, 23:23   #9741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Don't.

Quote:
I too considered them and went through a lot of reviews on XenonDepot and other Toyota forums. One thing is for sure, there wont be any issues related to heat since users have reported zero issues. In fact in extreme cold conditions, many users faced fogging of headlamps from the outside since these LED's don't produce as much heat as halogens. I would personally stay away from an LED which has a fan behind it to keep the temperature in check since its usually that fan that run out sooner than LED and the end result is a blown out LED because of the inefficient cooling system.

Coming to the lumens, Sridhar rightly quoted that its just 1000 lumens on the low and 1250 on the high. While the lumens on low are alright, its the high beam that falls short by a big margin since halogens provide close to 1600 lumens on high beam (I could be wrong here). Surprisingly, the reviews claimed that they are much brighter than halogens but everyone of them had one thing to say at the end, they're damn expensive and don't deserve that price tag. I spoke to a couple of authorized distributors in Delhi and the best quote I got was 10700 bucks. It comes with 3 years replacement warranty.

These LED's are made to be used with stock housing since the placement of LED's is such that it matches the cutoff of halogens. The color temperature quoted on the box is 6200k but in real life, users reported a color temp close to 5000k. I spoke to a guy yesterday who is currently using these and had good things to say about them. I guess we may have to take the risk and try it out to see if its effective. They are expensive though!

Links:
http://www.xenondepot.com/h4-philips.../12953bwx2.htm

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/61...lb-review.html

Last edited by k.sumit : 1st April 2016 at 23:30.
k.sumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 09:34   #9742
BHPian

Hi all,
Got a pair of Philips Xtreme vision+(H7) and a pair of Osram NightBreaker Unlimited(H7) from POWERBULBS,UK for my GT TSI.

-Total cost including free shipping- ₹3200. They had 20% off on everything and i guess its still there.
-Was dispatched on the same day and shipment took 5 business days(9 days).
-The bulbs were genuine and i guess the price is very reasonable.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1459569203.729993.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1459569236.157931.jpg

Used Philips Xtreme Vision+ on lowbeam
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1459569297.142148.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1459569405.541080.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1459569440.845590.jpg

Osram NightBreaker Unlimited on highbeam
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1459569494.802626.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1459569522.883561.jpg

Osram had more blue tint on the bulbs when compared to philips, due to which it was more white when compared to philips. Will upload the pics of light throw later. Got them from powerbulbs since there are lot of fakes in local market,especially philips and indian online sites were costly(2100/2200 a pair).

Disclaimer: Am no way associated with powerbulbs. This was my first purchase and shopping experience was good. So thought of sharing
sid93 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 11:22   #9743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid93 View Post
Hi all,
Got a pair of Philips Xtreme vision+(H7) and a pair of Osram NightBreaker Unlimited(H7) from POWERBULBS,UK for my GT TSI.

-Total cost including free shipping- ₹3200. They had 20% off on everything and i guess its still there.
-Was dispatched on the same day and shipment took 5 business days(9 days).
-The bulbs were genuine and i guess the price is very reasonable.

Attachment 1493046
Attachment 1493047

Used Philips Xtreme Vision+ on lowbeam
Attachment 1493048
Attachment 1493049
Attachment 1493050

Osram NightBreaker Unlimited on highbeam
Attachment 1493051
Attachment 1493052

Osram had more blue tint on the bulbs when compared to philips, due to which it was more white when compared to philips. Will upload the pics of light throw later. Got them from powerbulbs since there are lot of fakes in local market,especially philips and indian online sites were costly(2100/2200 a pair).

Disclaimer: Am no way associated with powerbulbs. This was my first purchase and shopping experience was good. So thought of sharing
I have the Osrams on my high beams and am pretty satisfied with the output.I have been considering the Philips for Low beams.Now that you have both,eagerly waiting for your feedback and it will be a good comparison on the light output,throw and bulb life.I would suggest Osrams for the lowbeam due to the blue tinge and some bling factor and Philips for the high-beams as the 3700K will offer better visibility even during rains/fog.

Dis you say Rs.3200 for all 4 bulbs including shipping..its a steal then!

sam

Last edited by Sam.k : 2nd April 2016 at 11:23.
Old 2nd April 2016, 11:56   #9744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
I have the Osrams on my high beams and am pretty satisfied with the output.I have been considering the Philips for Low beams.Now that you have both,eagerly waiting for your feedback and it will be a good comparison on the light output,throw and bulb life.I would suggest Osrams for the lowbeam due to the blue tinge and some bling factor and Philips for the high-beams as the 3700K will offer better visibility even during rains/fog.

sam

Sure, I will post the comparison pictures soon(possibly tonight). I decided to go with Philips on low beams because i heard philips tends to last longer than the Osram's. But the philips box says 400 hours of lifetime which is pretty low.
In comparison,Osram's tend to be a little brighter and white when compared to philips. So as of now, osram is vfm since they cost less than the philips. I hope philips lasts longer for the extra cost i paid.

And yea, i paid 32xx for 4 bulbs + A pair Osram W5W bulbs which they gave as free + free shipping. Now it will cost around 36xx with 20% off coupon.
Old 2nd April 2016, 15:58   #9745
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Looking for a good replacement for the Philips X-treme Vision H4 in my 2013 Vento. I am looking for a plug and play option so don't want to go for projectors and HID as they require modifying the headlights.
Thanks for bringing this up, can you or others confirm if this will also fit in 2016 Endeavour as well ? If not then what size / types should I look for ?
Old 3rd April 2016, 20:17   #9746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post

sam

Here is the comparison shot and light throw. I couldn't find a proper wall, i tried my best though. Will update whenever possible

Light throw pics:

Low beam (Philips Xtreme vision):
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1459694235.925486.jpg

High beam (Osram NightBreaker Unlimited):
You can clearly see, Osrams are more white when compared to Philps.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1459694323.484586.jpg

Comparison shot:

Low beam:
Alignment is slightly off :/
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1459694458.433667.jpg

High beam+ lowbeam:
Diference is negligible,but Philips costs more.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1459694549.329288.jpg

PS: Bulbs are fitted on Eagle Eyes, so the cut off.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1459694831.167690.jpg
sid93 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 16:04   #9747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid93 View Post
PS: Bulbs are fitted on Eagle Eyes, so the cut off.
Attachment 1493668
Hey Sid,

Tried PMing you but it does not go through. Could you help me with where you purchased these Eagle Eyes and the cost for the same?

I believe they are Eagle Eye Projectors with DRLs (please correct me if I am wrong) so is there any reason you chose halogen bulbs over HIDs?

Are the DRLs connected as 'parking lights' or are they actually DRLs?
Old 4th April 2016, 16:27   #9748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hey Sid,

Tried PMing you but it does not go through. Could you help me with where you purchased these Eagle Eyes and the cost for the same?

I believe they are Eagle Eye Projectors with DRLs (please correct me if I am wrong) so is there any reason you chose halogen bulbs over HIDs?

Are the DRLs connected as 'parking lights' or are they actually DRLs?

Hi,
Am a new member here, so PM not allowed right now. Ya, they are Eagle Eyes which i got from Lumen Systems, Bangalore. Costed 25k including shipping to Chennai. They come with DRL's which is Osram led's according to seller and they are connected as parking lights.
Am planning to get Morimoto HID system from USA. So, using halogens till it arrives in July.

This is how it arrived, in case you wanna take a close look

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1459767321.799442.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1459767391.416272.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1459767353.097486.jpg
sid93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 21:45   #9749
BHPian

So I installed these 6 inch led bars in place of the stock fog lamps.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1459959295112.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1459959366021.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 6th April 2016 at 22:01. Reason: Posts merged. Images inserted in-line.
v_safari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 22:30   #9750
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_safari View Post
So I installed these 6 inch led bars in place of the stock fog lamps.
Are these just DRL's ? or Spot lamps ? Can you put up some pics which show the throw of light (as seen from driver's seat).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks