Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2016, 19:55   #9721
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
So your axiomatic reply means that even projectors are halogen bulb specific or HID bulb specific. I hope I have understood correctly.

If so, what then makes a halogen specific projector different from a HID specific projector? Is it simply the reflectors or is there more to it? How would one know the difference?
Based on my findings till date the halogen specific projectors does not come with a shield inside which is similar to a reflector setup, but made to focus like a projector lens. Recently updated my XUV's halogen bulb to HID and it does have a neat cut off line as the actual projector does. Hope this helps.

Check this thread for the same,
https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...or-differences

Last edited by fusionbang : 22nd March 2016 at 20:04.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 19:58   #9722
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If so, what then makes a halogen specific projector different from a HID specific projector? Is it simply the reflectors or is there more to it? How would one know the difference?
Not reflectors. Projectors have a lens. From what I ahve been able to gather, the lens is designed either for Halogen or for HID.
Old 23rd March 2016, 09:31   #9723
BANNED

Quote:
So your axiomatic reply means that even projectors are halogen bulb specific or HID bulb specific. I hope I have understood correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Not reflectors. Projectors have a lens. From what I ahve been able to gather, the lens is designed either for Halogen or for HID.
reflector and/or lens depends on where the designer wants to do his optics. Yes, the 'hot zone' and a HID bulb will differ from that in a Halogen. For one HID will have a longitudinal light zone, while almost all halogens have transverse zones. The reflector/lens are optimized for the hot zone they have to cater to. However, with the small size the substitution of one with the other will not lead to a disaster for the incoming traffic.
Old 23rd March 2016, 17:49   #9724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I'm using a Philips H4 HID kit on my Yeti. It did show up an error, but then I was advised by another Yeti owner here to buy a Error canceller kit from theretrofitsource.com (AVS tuning is their dealer in Mumbai), and it works. No more errors!

Which projector setup are you using
Any problems with error canceller kit?
Also if you are using projectors, can you post a few pics?
Old 24th March 2016, 16:49   #9725
BHPian

Anyone know where I can get a Projector setup installed in Mumbai or Pune? My brother is getting me a Morimoto Mini D2S 3.0 kit from the US.

AVS says they don't install stuff that isn't brought from them. And there's a difference of about 8k between TRS and AVS prices.
Old 25th March 2016, 08:53   #9726
BANNED

@venom_op; I hope they are the rhd versions and not the lhd versions. Any decent local installer should be able to do the job.
Old 25th March 2016, 18:39   #9727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Anyone know where I can get a Projector setup installed in Mumbai or Pune? My brother is getting me a Morimoto Mini D2S 3.0 kit from the US.

AVS says they don't install stuff that isn't brought from them. And there's a difference of about 8k between TRS and AVS prices.
I too am searching for the same thing. A good quality installer for my Laura to get a bi-xenon setup in Mumbai or even Pune. Because products is one thing but installing and alignment is the key here. I hope if someone can share a good installer here in Mumbai/Pune.
Old 25th March 2016, 19:25   #9728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@venom_op; I hope they are the rhd versions and not the lhd versions. Any decent local installer should be able to do the job.

Yes sir. They are RHD versions. I'm installing Morimoto Mini D2S 3.0 as they were recommended for replacement for H4 filament bulbs.

I just hope I can find a decent installer. I've tried to find good installers but haven't had good luck with it.
Old 25th March 2016, 19:42   #9729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post

I just hope I can find a decent installer. I've tried to find good installers but haven't had good luck with it.

Try contacting Jatin from WagenWerkz, he may do it for you.
Old 25th March 2016, 21:42   #9730
BHPian

Hi Guys! While I was considering a Morimoto D2S setup for my new Honda Jazz, I came across an installer who stocks AES projector/HID setup available at half the cost of Morimoto. Doing some basic search on Google, I found out that its a Chinese brand but couldn't come across any performance review. Does anybody have a feedback on AES? The price is certainly tempting at 12000 against the 24,500 for Morimoto D2S.
Old 26th March 2016, 00:23   #9731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
Hi Guys! While I was considering a Morimoto D2S setup for my new Honda Jazz, I came across an installer who stocks AES projector/HID setup available at half the cost of Morimoto. Doing some basic search on Google, I found out that its a Chinese brand but couldn't come across any performance review. Does anybody have a feedback on AES? The price is certainly tempting at 12000 against the 24,500 for Morimoto D2S.
You wouldnt be able to see anything with these AVS projectors. Spend money once in good projectors, rather than twice after looking at the performance. Yes if its only looks of a projector without any performance then AVS!
Old 27th March 2016, 01:30   #9732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Try contacting Jatin from WagenWerkz, he may do it for you.
Thank you, sir! Will definitely give him a call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
I'd suggest you go for the Morimoto. I've seen what Morimoto HID systems can do. And they perform about 250% better (not a scientific estimate, obviously) than the so-called (definitely fake) HID systems. So the Morimotos are definitely the ones you want.

My motto has always been Never compromise on sunglasses/eyeglasses and shoes for yourself and never compromise on headlights and tires for your car.
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 15:41   #9733
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello team,
There are many projector headlights available in market. There are expensive morimotos at one side and cheap local stuff on other side. I had gone for cheap Chinese local stuff because I got warranty. Also there is a good firm called xenon planet who offers quality products with warranty for VFM price. I am posting a link here for details on their products.
http://www.xenonplanetforum.in/viewf...25156958605989
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 08:33   #9734
BANNED

Naren; Remember putting HID lamps without a projector is not advisable. What decides your choice is the quality of the beam you ultimately get. Morimoto and similar normally have a better beam pattern than the cheaper ones.
Old 29th March 2016, 13:25   #9735
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Naren; Remember putting HID lamps without a projector is not advisable. What decides your choice is the quality of the beam you ultimately get. Morimoto and similar normally have a better beam pattern than the cheaper ones.
I did install projectors along with hid bulbs. I had gone for cheap AES projectors. Aes projector with single angel eye, 55w ballast, DRL along with installation costed 22k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks