Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
  Search this Thread
5,189,313 views
Old 13th September 2018, 22:09   #11221
Senior - BHPian
 
iTNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Imphal/Noida
Posts: 1,241
Thanked: 1,212 Times
Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Guys i am thinking of installing LEDs in my yeti's reflectors?
I have shortlisted these two because both sellers are confident that it will not throw up "bulb out" error in cluster but i am still skeptical.

http://s.aliexpress.com/Mnm2Yzye

http://s.aliexpress.com/EbyUnIbM
Any suggestions?
I will soon be getting delivery of LED H4 and H7 for my Yeti from AliExpress. And I will tell you if the 'bulb out' error comes up (I had also ordered the CANBUS decoders for the LED holder types respectively, to correct flickering and error bulb out link - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Osla...ceBeautifyAB=0).

Last edited by iTNerd : 13th September 2018 at 22:13.
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2018, 08:05   #11222
BHPian
 
sagpatel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 329
Thanked: 252 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
I will soon be getting delivery of LED H4 and H7 for my Yeti from AliExpress.
Which bulbs have you ordered from aliexpress?
sagpatel is offline  
Old 14th September 2018, 09:28   #11223
Senior - BHPian
 
iTNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Imphal/Noida
Posts: 1,241
Thanked: 1,212 Times
Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Which bulbs have you ordered from aliexpress?
I went with fanless LEDs..

H4 (Hi/lo) - Philips II ZES chip - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...31204c4ds5MyBT

H7 (fog) - CSP chip - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/H4-H...31204c4ds5MyBT

P13W (DRL) - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs...31204c4ds5MyBT
iTNerd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2018, 12:00   #11224
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 285
Thanked: 266 Times
Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
In a situation where the car warranty is bound to suffer, we can try the 12v socket power options like rayzer HID auxiliary lights. These have the added advantage of being safeguarded against theft.
Not sure if the Rayzers are available now. Do you know where to source them?
xotiq is offline  
Old 14th September 2018, 13:54   #11225
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: India
Posts: 573
Thanked: 1,037 Times

Their website mentions a pricetag of 674$ today. Check the last line in the following link. http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/light...yes/rayzer.php
COMMUTER is offline  
Old 14th September 2018, 23:11   #11226
BHPian
 
saadat1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 618
Thanked: 387 Times

Upgraded the headlamps on my Liva from the already Non stock(100/90w) ones to LEDs.

Ordered the 4300k, 9000 lumens LED lamps on Ali Express' sale last month. Had been eagerly waiting for the package and it finally arrived today. The first thing I did after getting home from office was to get down to business and fix those new shiny LEDs.

Removing the old Halogens and fixing the LEDs is not an easy task on a car with extremely tight space when you have giant hands.

It took me about 30-40mins to do this without any assistance and with one emergency lamp.

There's a visible difference in the color and brightness. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Halogen H4 100/90W
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1536946706256.jpg

LED H4
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1536946728658.jpg

Halogen 100/90w again
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1536946741328.jpg

The yellowish white LEDs
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1536946758694.jpg

The old school and new gen
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1536946774727.jpg

The box
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1536946795920.jpg
saadat1992 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2018, 23:22   #11227
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,727
Thanked: 43,456 Times
Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Upgraded the headlamps on my Liva from the already Non stock(100/90w) ones to LEDs.

Ordered the 4300k, 9000 lumens LED lamps on Ali Express' sale last month. Had been eagerly waiting for the package and it finally arrived today. The first thing I did after getting home from office was to get down to business and fix those new shiny LEDs.

Removing the old Halogens and fixing the LEDs is not an easy task on a car with extremely tight space when you have giant hands.

It took me about 30-40mins to do this without any assistance and with one emergency lamp.

There's a visible difference in the color and brightness. I'll let the pictures do the talking.
It would be better to take pics against a wall for both. With these pics we can't see the colour or the throw an beam pattern.

Can barely tell which is better.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 11:26   #11228
BHPian
 
saadat1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 618
Thanked: 387 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It would be better to take pics against a wall for both. With these pics we can't see the colour or the throw an beam pattern.

Can barely tell which is better.
I haven't taken pics of the LED against the wall. However, here are the videos of the comparison.

LED vs Halogen


All LED


Attaching the pictures of the halogen I took.
Halogen Low beam
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1536990828090.jpg

Halogen High beam
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1536990837412.jpg
saadat1992 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 21:13   #11229
BHPian
 
saadat1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 618
Thanked: 387 Times

Managed to take pictures of the LED against the wall. I feel their spread out on the road isn't much as the halogen or maybe the light isn't as visible as the yellow ones. Never know until I try out on the highway.

Low beams
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1537026167338.jpg

High beams
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1537026184585.jpg
saadat1992 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 10:26   #11230
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Dr.Naren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 5,102
Thanked: 16,914 Times
Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quality issues with Xenon Planet products are never ending

I am having tough time in my Baleno with projector setup from Xenon Planet. I was living with colour mismatch, bowing of beam at edges, reduced output etc.

Now the headlights are acting very weird. Headlight doesn't switch on at times and it won't turn off also couple of times.

I do not have much knowledge on wiring / electricals. Is it a bad HID relay? Xenon Planet had used some cheap Chinese relay. Few of my friends have thrown it away and got Morimoto HID relay (much better quality).

Is there any way to fix the issue? Do I need to buy new relay? Definitely not from Xenon Planet

Last edited by moralfibre : 19th September 2018 at 11:28. Reason: As requested
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 10:45   #11231
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 4,211
Thanked: 5,860 Times
Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Quality issues with Xenon Planet products are never ending

I am having tough time in my Baleno with projector setup from Xenon Planet. I was living with colour mismatch, bowing of beam at edges, reduced output etc.

Now the headlights are acting very weird. Headlight doesn't switch on at times and it won't turn off also couple of times.

I do not have much knowledge on wiring / electricals. Is it a bad HID relay? Xenon Planet had used some cheap Chinese relay. Few of my friends have thrown it away and got Morimoto HID relay (much better quality).

Is there any way to fix the issue? Do I need to buy new relay? Definitely not from Xenon Planet
Symptoms point to a sticky relay. Get a local Minda/Roots relay of same pin layout and replace. Should take 10-15 mins to replace

Last edited by GTO : 20th September 2018 at 08:18. Reason: quoted post edited
sagarpadaki is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 12:28   #11232
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,556
Thanked: 502 Times
Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
I haven't taken pics of the LED against the wall. However, here are the videos of the comparison.
Your halogens are much much better.
What's the wattage of the LEDs?

Last edited by ampere : 24th September 2018 at 13:55. Reason: trimming quoted post for easier viewing on mobile.; removed dead links
esteem_lover is offline  
Old 19th September 2018, 12:39   #11233
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 285
Thanked: 266 Times
Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
Their website mentions a pricetag of 674$ today. Check the last line in the following link. http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/light...yes/rayzer.php
This site does not seem updated after 2012..!
xotiq is offline  
Old 19th September 2018, 13:05   #11234
BHPian
 
saadat1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 618
Thanked: 387 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Your halogens are much much better.
What's the wattage of the LEDs?
Going by what my friends who perfomed the similar upgrade said, the LEDs really come on their own, on the highways. Within the city, there isn't much difference except for the fact that people actually stop upon continuous hi-low flash, which wasn't the case with the Halogens.

Each LED is 36W and the lighting is very good in dark areas. I'll have to test it out on the highways to actually see how different they are.
saadat1992 is offline  
Old 20th September 2018, 18:03   #11235
Senior - BHPian
 
supertinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,160
Thanked: 1,164 Times
Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Going by what my friends who perfomed the similar upgrade said, the LEDs really come on their own, on the highways. Within the city, there isn't much difference except for the fact that people actually stop upon continuous hi-low flash, which wasn't the case with the Halogens.

Each LED is 36W and the lighting is very good in dark areas. I'll have to test it out on the highways to actually see how different they are.
Brightness wise the 90/100 watt halogens may throw the same amount of lumens as your LED but in LEDs at high beam both high and low turn on which makes a difference vs. halogens. Cant tell from your pics if that is happening or not but i see that in my car's H4.
supertinu is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks