Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post

I am looking at the following LED Bulb:
Oedro HB3-9005 LED:
https://www.amazon.com/oEdRo-Headlig...dp/B079ZLJP6M/

Sealight Canbus Adapter:
https://www.amazon.com/SEALIGHT-Canc...dp/B07BMYF9X9/

Please advise if we will need the Canbus Adapter as well...and if the one chosen seems OK?
None of these LED bulbs work properly on the Compass. I have myself tried three different LED options on mine.
Some have bad beam patterns and some don't fit in the housing and some flash and give errors.
I finally went with these HIR bulbs from Amazon US. (You will need two of these) The HIR bulb has 40% higher light output than stock 9005 and as they are halogen, no Canbus adapter is required. They are same wattage as stock halogen and only need a minor modification to fit (You can find details on my ownership thread)

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Standa.../dp/B00480J5CW

Last edited by Behemoth : 11th July 2018 at 17:12.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 19:38   #11102
BHPian

PHILIPS H7 LED X-treme Ultinon 6000K (Set of 2) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B075QHPBRK/..._odlsBbXG26DMG

Just bought these.

These are the high power version of Philips' Ultinon H7 LED bulbs.

They are 25W each at 6000K.

I already have Philips Ultinon LED bulbs in the low beam projectors on my XUV. Those are 14W 6000K and are providing very satisfactory lighting. My current high beams are the OE 55W Halogens at around 4300K.

I have posted the low beam LED pattern earlier in this thread.

So...

Should I replace the low beams with these and leave the OE Halogens in place as High beams?

Or replace the high beam Halogens with the X-treme Ultinon LED bulbs?

Expert opinions please.
Old 14th July 2018, 08:29   #11103
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
For Ecosport, do checkout the below thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...s-upgrade.html
Thank you for sharing the link.

I have taken the plunge and ordered these two sets of bulbs from aliexpress.

H4 & H11 Fanless LED: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/hlxg...ceBeautifyAB=0

I will provide an update on the same once I receive these and share pics of light beam throw and installation to the best extent possible.
Old 17th July 2018, 09:34   #11104
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

Whats the VFM upgrade recommended for a 2014 Honda city low beams? Something which will improve intensity of the low beams and hopefully spread to an extent.
Old 17th July 2018, 18:05   #11105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
None of these LED bulbs work properly on the Compass. I have myself tried three different LED options on mine.
Some have bad beam patterns and some don't fit in the housing and some flash and give errors.
I finally went with these HIR bulbs from Amazon US. (You will need two of these) The HIR bulb has 40% higher light output than stock 9005 and as they are halogen, no Canbus adapter is required. They are same wattage as stock halogen and only need a minor modification to fit (You can find details on my ownership thread)

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Standa.../dp/B00480J5CW
I am a little confused over the socket type recommended. Isnt the socket type on Jeep Compass the 9005/HB3 - so should it not be the following one?
https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Stand...019QIU0TC?th=1

Will the 9011 recommended work in the 9005/HB3 socket without issues?
Old 17th July 2018, 18:14   #11106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Hi guys,

Whats the VFM upgrade recommended for a 2014 Honda city low beams? Something which will improve intensity of the low beams and hopefully spread to an extent.
I went ahead with Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited for both low and high beams. I find it much better than the stock ones.
Old 17th July 2018, 18:22   #11107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat1 View Post
I went ahead with Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited for both low and high beams. I find it much better than the stock ones.
I had changed it to NBU for the Low Beam and found that the improvement was minimal: URL

Now I have shifted to the Oedro H11s (LEDs) and extremely happy with the upgrade: URL
Old 17th July 2018, 19:14   #11108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am a little confused over the socket type recommended. Isnt the socket type on Jeep Compass the 9005/HB3 - so should it not be the following one?

The 9011 bulb works fine in the 9005 socket but you need to modify the top tab by 3mm to make it fit. Please see my ownership thread for more details.
The 9011 bulb is a higher spec and lumen output bulb with the exact same LCL (light centre length) as the 9005 and the beam pattern remains identical. The wattage of 65W is also identical to HB3.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 20:33   #11109
BHPian

Quote:

Hyundai verna also have the 9005/HB3 series , i have installed Osram HID 9005/HB3 setup and they work perfectly. Do you have projectors in your Jeep compass then go ahead and get the Osram/philips HID setup.
Old 17th July 2018, 22:48   #11110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The 9011 bulb works fine in the 9005 socket but you need to modify the top tab by 3mm to make it fit. Please see my ownership thread for more details.
The 9011 bulb is a higher spec and lumen output bulb with the exact same LCL (light centre length) as the 9005 and the beam pattern remains identical. The wattage of 65W is also identical to HB3.
Thanks! I have placed the order for the same and it worked out to be $25.54 for shipping within USA. The bulbs will reach India by 10-Aug via someone who is travelling. Will PM you for help if we are not able to figure out how to fix it on the Jeep Compass once the bulbs arrive. Given the price differential between the HIDs and this, my Uncle was OK try this out and take a call later on the HID...
Old 18th July 2018, 07:52   #11111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! I have placed the order for the same and it worked out to be $25.54 for shipping within USA. The bulbs will reach India by 10-Aug via someone who is travelling. Will PM you for help if we are not able to figure out how to fix it on the Jeep Compass once the bulbs arrive. Given the price differential between the HIDs and this, my Uncle was OK try this out and take a call later on the HID...
Great. Hope you have ordered two of these bulbs as the Amazon bulb is a single bulb. After you receive them, just google 9011 to 9005 modification and you will get the images of how the top tab has to be modified by 3mm to make it fit. Fairly simple to do with a nail clipper. The difficult part is to access the bulbs on the Compass. For that you need to open up the wheel liners and access from underneath as from the top there is hardly any space to access. You can more details on my ownership thread on how to reach the headlight bulbs.
Old 18th July 2018, 20:59   #11112
BHPian

Quote:
Great. Hope you have ordered two of these bulbs as the Amazon bulb is a single bulb. After you receive them, just google 9011 to 9005 modification and you will get the images of how the top tab has to be modified by 3mm to make it fit. Fairly simple to do with a nail clipper. The difficult part is to access the bulbs on the Compass. For that you need to open up the wheel liners and access from underneath as from the top there is hardly any space to access. You can more details on my ownership thread on how to reach the headlight bulbs.

Why didnt you went for Osram/philps HID's as they have canbus adapter so no error comes in dash , plus light throw is excellent.
Old 18th July 2018, 21:16   #11113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Why didnt you went for Osram/philps HID's as they have canbus adapter so no error comes in dash , plus light throw is excellent.
Only two reasons:
1) explicitly stated by Jeep that the electrical warranty would be void if I made this change
2) the HID installation requires cutting a hole in the dust caps which makes them prone to water and moisture entry into the headlight units.
Old 18th July 2018, 22:24   #11114
BHPian

Quote:
Only two reasons:
1) explicitly stated by Jeep that the electrical warranty would be void if I made this change
2) the HID installation requires cutting a hole in the dust caps which makes them prone to water and moisture entry into the headlight units.

About the second point it doesn't as there is ring in the wire of HID which fits in the hole. Also my installer put some liquid sealent as well over that rubber. It has been over three years , not even single drop of water and dust has entered into the headlight unit. So i would still say to go for Osram HID 4200 9005, you will love the whole setup. Also the osram/philips HID are 35w setup and come with canbus adapter so there should not be any warranty issue. . I am part of gurgaon teambhp whatsapp group and you can contact me if needed, i will let you know the place to source the original osram at distributor price.
Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 07:41   #11115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
About the second point it doesn't as there is ring in the wire of HID which fits in the hole. Also my installer put some liquid sealent as well over that rubber. It has been over three years , not even single drop of water and dust has entered into the headlight unit. So i would still say to go for Osram HID 4200 9005, you will love the whole setup. Also the osram/philips HID are 35w setup and come with canbus adapter so there should not be any warranty issue. . I am part of gurgaon teambhp whatsapp group and you can contact me if needed, i will let you know the place to source the original osram at distributor price.
Yes there is a rubber gasket on the wire which is used to seal the cut in the dust cap, but if the seal is not perfect , there is a chance of moisture ingress into the housing.
Thanks for the offer and if in future I do upgrade to HIDs I will reach out to you!
I was also on the TBHP whatsapp group earlier but came out of that as they started sharing too much stuff some of which was also NSFW.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks