Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2018, 17:22   #11116
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Hello,

I'd ordered for my 2011 Honda City 1.5V AT, a pair of Osram Nightbreaker Laser H4 through Amazon The seller was Cloudtail India.

When I inspected the individual bulbs, I see that Osram Bilux was written over them though the part no "64193 NBL" matched with the leaflet / spec given in Osram webpage

Attached is the picture of the bulb.

Have I received a wrong product or does all Nightbreaker Laser bulbs have Bilux etched in them?
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20180720_171131.jpg  

vijay.sundar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 21:52   #11117

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.sundar View Post
Hello,

I'd ordered for my 2011 Honda City 1.5V AT, a pair of Osram Nightbreaker Laser H4 through Amazon The seller was Cloudtail India.

When I inspected the individual bulbs, I see that Osram Bilux was written over them though the part no "64193 NBL" matched with the leaflet / spec given in Osram webpage

Attached is the picture of the bulb.

Have I received a wrong product or does all Nightbreaker Laser bulbs have Bilux etched in them?
I also ordered the H4 NightBreaker Laser bulbs from Amazon. Osram Bilux is written on mine as well.
Old 21st July 2018, 10:09   #11118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
My Experiment with LED headlights.

More than a year ago, I had changed my Pajero Sports headlights from Osram night breakers to 36 watts LEDs that I procured from Aliexpress for US$22.5 or about Rs 1300 (a year back).

This was a DIY and I could myself replace these lights in a matter of 10 minutes. Only problem I faced was with polarity of power supply.
Which brand did you procure from Aliexpress. I am currently using a Nissan Terrano, which has spring loaded bulbs.
The 60W H7 Osram in low beam are adequate, but the 60W H1 in the high beam are not upto expectation. I am planning to order these H1 bulbs for the high beam with a 4300k light temperature.
Either these
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...5e58489bcSbQQK
or
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...ceBeautifyAB=0
I am not going in for Philips , Osram or other branded product, as they supply only 6000k or higher.
Most retrofitters say CREE XHP50 chips should be prefered.

Sincerely,
Rahul Rao

Last edited by Rahul Rao : 21st July 2018 at 10:13.
Old 21st July 2018, 11:37   #11119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
Which brand did you procure from Aliexpress. I am currently using a Nissan Terrano, which has spring loaded bulbs.
The 60W H7 Osram in low beam are adequate, but the 60W H1 in the high beam are not upto expectation. I am planning to order these H1 bulbs for the high beam with a 4300k light temperature.
Either these
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...5e58489bcSbQQK
or
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...ceBeautifyAB=0
I am not going in for Philips , Osram or other branded product, as they supply only 6000k or higher.
Most retrofitters say CREE XHP50 chips should be prefered.

Sincerely,
Rahul Rao
Hi Rahul,
I have purchased below one and I have gone for 6000K as color temperature.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2x-H...608.0.0.SRG1R8

6000k is not only gentle on eyes of oncoming traffic but it also does a great job of better illumination and visibility in heavy rains and fog. Thats why you see most of the recent high-end cars having LED headlights with color temperature of 6000k. Its just matter of few days of getting used to this kind of light.

For the product I have mentioned, you can choose the color of your choice. I have been using it for more than 1.5 yrs and am absolutely happy. And I have same feedback from almost 10 other people who have installed them and are using it for a year now.

Most of the LED headlight manufacturers use LEDs and associated chips from reputed OEMs. This technology has matured a lot over past few years and I don't think any particular chip makes much of a difference. Like CREE XHP50 chips other manufacturers too have chips that are reliable and performing well.

I would also recommend the product mentioned (100W) in first link you have posted in your post. The second one is less in wattage and also has additional cylindrical sleeve for filtering out the required color, this may reduce the amount of output light on the road by some percentage, as the specified wattage of 70W (35 W for each bulb) is slightly lower.
Old 28th July 2018, 01:14   #11120
BHPian

Well, finally got around to installing the Philips LED in my XUV.

Got the installation of both done at Mahindra Kundannoor, on the highway at Kochi. The guys there were extremely professional and helpful even though at first they were very unsure about the whole idea. However, once we talked them into it, they went at it with a will, and even tested whether the LED's would fit by fitting them on a headlight assembly they had lying around.

I first bought, as I mentioned in a post a few days ago, a pair of Philips Ultinon H& LED's in 6000K off of Amazon.in for around Rs. 6000/-, and installed them in the low beam projectors. The new low profile heatsink desing of the LED's means that no modification of the dust caps is required at all, and the bulbs are fully plug and play. The stem can be unscrewed to separate the emitter part from the heat sink. The emitter can then be locked in place and the heatsink screwed back on. These bulbs are 14W each.

As I was trawling Amazon a few days later, I spotted a guy selling a pair of the X-treme version of these same Ultinon bulbs. The difference from regular Ultinon LED's is that the X-treme versions are 25W each, and have a little fan at the bottom of the heatsink, versus passive cooling for the regular Ultinons. I promptly bought them for ~Rs. 11,500/-, as they were the last pair the seller had, and buying them off www.powerbulbs.com would have cost almost a third more, and taken a long time for delivery.

Anyway, cutting to the chase, my headlight setup on my XUV500 is now as follows:

LOW BEAM (Projector) - Philips Ultinon LED 14W 6000K

HIGH BEAM (Reflector) - Philips X-treme Ultinon LED 25W 6000K

Attaching pics:
1. Ultinon Package
2. X-treme Ultinon Package
3. Ultinon Heatsink
4. Ultinon Emitter
5. Dust cap after install
6. Low Beam LED
7. Low beam LED cutoff
8. Low Beam LED with High Beam OE Halogen
9. Low Beam LED beam on road
10. X-treme Ultinon Kit
11. X-treme Ultinon Heatsink fan
12. X-treme Ultinon and relay installed
13. Low Beam LED plus High beam LED
14. White Eyes

PS: @k.sumit - When I went to get the high beam LED's installed I talked to the technician about removing the low beam LED's and wiping them down (I asked for the same guy who installed my low beams for me), and he told me he had seen the way my driver was holding the emitter and so had wiped them down with some clean rag before installing them, and in any event not to worry too much as any deposits would be burned of as the lamps worked.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-ultinon_pack.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-xtreme_pack.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-ultinon-heatsink.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-ultinon-emitter.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-dustcap.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-lobeam.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-lo_cutoff.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-loled_hihalo.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-loled_onroad.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-xtreme_kit.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-xtreme_fan.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-xtreme_install.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-loled_hiled.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-white_eyes.jpg  

Last edited by pillainp : 28th July 2018 at 01:19.
pillainp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 22:57   #11121
BANNED

Which are the best H4 100/90 watts bulb currently in terms of:
1. Lifespan
2. Brightness

I purchased Philips Rally 100/90 twice and both times they went dead in 1 month or so!
Old 6th August 2018, 23:04   #11122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.mehra View Post
1. Lifespan
2. Brightness

I purchased Philips Rally 100/90 twice and both times they went dead in 1 month or so!
Even I had issue with Philips earlier, I think it has to do more with the relay being used and Philips bulbs gel well with Philips wiring relay.

Then I changed to Osram and din't had much issues. So go with Osram or Hella.
Old 6th August 2018, 23:05   #11123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.mehra View Post
1. Lifespan
2. Brightness

I hope you were using a high quality relay. I used the Rally 100/90 on my Accent for more than 2 years without any issue.
Old 6th August 2018, 23:43   #11124
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
I hope you were using a high quality relay. I used the Rally 100/90 on my Accent for more than 2 years without any issue.

Yes I am using Philips Relay (https://www.amazon.in/Philips-12003X.../dp/B00PN5IPCC)

Although not sure if the mechanic has correctly installed it.

Let me try Osram this time (https://www.amazon.in/Osram-Halogen-.../dp/B01IDF97OI)
Old 7th August 2018, 10:59   #11125
BHPian

Hello All

Recently i upgraded the headlight bulbs of my 2018 Ecosport to osram H7 Hid 4300K 35W in Low beam projector and H1 osram night breaker bulb in high beam. But on highways the high beam was not satisfactory as reflector is small plus the bulb is also smaller as H1.

Recently my friend got CN Light HID and output was better then Osram as per photos he posted on facebook. I contacted the seller- Blaze India and got H1 CN light HID 4300 K 55W delivered at home.

Yesterday i got the HID installed in high beam and output is bloody good plus the ecosport high refelctor are setup in a way that light don't spread in high beam.

As per my observation there is no difference between Osram and CN light both have equivalent light throw. These CN light costed me only 4k which is way lesser then osram plus the seller gives one year warranty.

Lets pictures do the talking.

CN Light HID's
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-cn_light.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-cn_light_1.jpg

Only High beam running ( CN Light HID's )
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20180806_210849.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20180806_210851.jpg

low Beam ( osram h7 hid )
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20180806_211018.jpg

low beam plus high beam ( both hid firing )
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20180806_211027.jpg
Safari_Beast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 17:44   #11126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
I contacted the seller- Blaze India and got H1 CN light HID 4300 K 55W delivered at home.
How to contact seller ? Do they have a listing on amazon ?

Quote:
Lets pictures do the talking.
Can you post more pics of the HID kit components?
How to verify if this is a genuine cnlight kit ?
Myth_sx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 07:45   #11127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth_sx View Post
How to contact seller ? Do they have a listing on amazon ?

Can you post more pics of the HID kit components?
How to verify if this is a genuine cnlight kit ?

Seller is based in delhi and can be contacted over whatsapp/call. Seller told me upfront when i placed order over whatsapp that he is in ladakh and order will be shipped when he comes back. And the order was shipped exactly on the mentioned date by seller.

Blaze India : +91 9871490280

First i was also curious that why it so cheap , but when i saw pictures and received the package found the kit to be genuine. CN Light in engraved on bulb and its ball type in between which CN light is famous for. You can whatsapp him more pics , i don't have anymore pics as i got it installed on monday.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img20180724wa0018.jpg

Last edited by Safari_Beast : 8th August 2018 at 07:48.
Safari_Beast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 22:27   #11128
BHPian

Anyone has any store in mind around Delhi where I can shop for some headlight LED's or some aux lights for an Ecosport? Want to get this done soon and can't wait for online shipping, hence looking for a store.
Old 8th August 2018, 22:47   #11129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And the order was shipped exactly on the mentioned date by seller.

Blaze India
Yes, Blaze India guy is good. Few of my friends have got fog projector kits from him and are happy with the experience. I would also say that his pricing is much better than competition. CN light full hid kit for just 4k is a steal. Most of the accessory shops sell it for 6.5 to 7k.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 07:17   #11130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Anyone has any store in mind around Delhi where I can shop for some headlight LED's or some aux lights for an Ecosport? Want to get this done soon and can't wait for online shipping, hence looking for a store.

You can browse Led and Hid products through this facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/blaze.india. Also you can get in touch with him over whatsapp/call on number : Blaze India : +91 9871490280 and he is based in Delhi so can check in person if you want. Please check my post , i upgraded both High/low to HID and the light output is very good.
Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks