Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2018, 19:49   #11176
BHPian

Re: Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades

I am aware that in JC Road, if we dont the right shop we can be fleeced. That is the reason i posted it out here. Can anyone recommend any other reputed shop in south Bangalore, where i can get this done. Also, which brand of LED bulb is good.

One idea that popped in my head is that recently launched Suzuki Burgman Street comes with an LED bulb, does anyone have any idea if the same bulb will fit in my Suzuki intruder without doing any change. Also, will this be a best thing to do considering this will be a Suzuki OEM part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
You can change to LED but the first thing to do is avoid JC road. lol.

Why not go to some reputed shop or buy online like most of us here do and get it installed at a known shop or on your own. It's not that difficult.

Apologies but this is not true. The whole purpose of this thread as well as mine is to show that LED's work well on reflectors.

What you say is true for HID but not for LED. Do read through this whole thread as well as mine and you will see.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...-upgrades.html (Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...s-upgrade.html (DIY: Ford EcoSport LED Headlights upgrade)
Old 7th September 2018, 07:21   #11177
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulsian View Post
Thank you! I have ordered from Powe bulbs for 1500 INR. Should be reaching me by next week. I will test and post a review on the output.
Hi!
Asking for a friend.
I believe you went ahead with OSRAM Night Breaker Laser.

Could you please share your experience? Improvement, throw, spread etc.
Also, some pointers on installation and how high/low beam/flash etc now work would be appreciated.

What about heating concerns - are the parts around it in the Creta able to handle these HID lamps? And the what about the purportedly poor performance in the rain as reported by some on Amazon?

Cheers!
Old 7th September 2018, 09:17   #11178
BHPian

Off-late headlights and taillights of my Swift have been getting fused. I think I should get the electricals checked properly.

Is there any good place in Bangalore for this?
Old 7th September 2018, 10:16   #11179
BHPian

Quote:
So it really has nothing to do with reflector design or LED bulb construction, just the colour temperature. Right now the LED's are really getting better but they would be perfect if there was a 4,300K LED from a known brand.
Hey, I just came across these LED on AliExpress.
I am sure you must have checked them out.
I found these to be the only brand that offers LED in the 4300K color temperature.

Any idea if the product is good or just a cheaper alternative?

hlxg 2X 3000K H4 LED H7 H11 H8 HB4 H1 H3 HB3 Auto S2 Car Headlight Bulbs 72W 8000LM Car Styling 6500K 4300K 8000K led automotivo
http://s.aliexpress.com/Qb6vI32U?fromSns
francis_vaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 10:29   #11180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis_vaz View Post
I found these to be the only brand that offers LED in the 4300K color temperature.

hlxg 2X 3000K H4 LED H7 H11 H8 HB4 H1 H3 HB3 Auto S2 Car Headlight Bulbs 72W 8000LM Car Styling 6500K 4300K 8000K led automotivo
Before you purchase LED bulbs, do check the dimensions and make sure you have enough width and depth to install them.

I had purchased the below LED bulbs for the high beam (H1) on my EcoSport facelift.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HLXG...37444c4d73UUFx

However, the width of the bulbs is 40mm and did not go into my car, as the bulb socket is towards one side.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20180821_144801.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_20180821_144747.jpg
suku_patel_22 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 10:33   #11181
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Try these:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...ceBeautifyAB=0

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...ceBeautifyAB=0

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
Before you purchase LED bulbs, do check the dimensions and make sure you have enough width and depth to install them.

I had purchased the below LED bulbs for the high beam (H1) on my EcoSport facelift.

However, the width of the bulbs is 40mm and did not go into my car, as the bulb socket is towards one side.
This is very true. IT's always best to first open your headlight capa from inside, study it closely and then order accordingly. You dont want to be disappointed later.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th September 2018 at 11:35. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 10:56   #11182
BHPian

Quote:
This is very true. IT's always best to first open your headlight capa from inside, study it closely and then order accordingly. You dont want to be disappointed later.
Looking at the images, do you think one with 30 mm width should go in easily?
I am looking to get this one in 4300K.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...6773245aPgfcZZ
Old 7th September 2018, 11:07   #11183
BHPian

Does purchase of any <$200 worth product from Aliexpress attract any Customs duty?
Old 7th September 2018, 11:18   #11184
BHPian

Hi. Need suggestion from fellow BHPians regarding upgrading my stock headlamp in Honda Jazz (2016) edition. I have recently moved from Chennai to Bengaluru and find the throw of headlamp inadequate to illuminate the potholed and speed breaking roads of Bengaluru. In Chennai, all street lights function unlike Bengaluru, making it difficult it to drive on the roads with poor illumination.

Can anyone suggest a place in South Bengaluru (Preferably JP Nagar, Arekere, Vijaya Bank layout, Hulimavu area) where I can get my headlamps upgraded without affecting my warranty.
Old 7th September 2018, 11:39   #11185
BHPian

Quote:
The space is really very less compared to the Ertiga and add to that the offset of the holder, it seems the only option for you will be the mini version LED lights.
My only concern is the dust cap. I think I might need to increase the ID of the dust cap to accommodate the fan assembly.

Quote:
Try these:
Thanks for the input.
Will these have a properly focused and clean cut lines on the output.
There seems to be a shield missing on top of it.
Or the CSP types don't need the shield?
Old 7th September 2018, 14:26   #11186
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for the input.
Will these have a properly focused and clean cut lines on the output.
There seems to be a shield missing on top of it.
Or the CSP types don't need the shield?
For the Ertiga you need H4 bulb and the link I shared has the shield for H4.

Other bulbs don't need shield but H4 needs shield for the low beam.

Last edited by SDP : 7th September 2018 at 18:58. Reason: Fixing broken quote
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 17:04   #11187
BHPian

Hi guys,

I recently picked up a 2011 Skoda laura MT with beautiful upkeep. However, the low beams are horrible in terms of visibility and given that my usage is mainly on highways, I was hoping to receive suggestions on the kind of upgrade I could go into for powerful compatible lights (source from alieexpress or locally) and any reputed installers in Bangalore with whom you've had a good experience maybe? White lights look cool as well and I'm open to experimenting as long as it doesn't risk the headlamps going kaput (Skoda!!)

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 8th September 2018, 09:36   #11188
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gubbi555 View Post
Hi guys,

I recently picked up a 2011 Skoda laura MT with beautiful upkeep. However, the low beams are horrible in terms of visibility and given that my usage is mainly on highways, I was hoping to receive suggestions on the kind of upgrade I could go into for powerful compatible lights (source from alieexpress or locally) and any reputed installers in Bangalore with whom you've had a good experience maybe? White lights look cool as well and I'm open to experimenting as long as it doesn't risk the headlamps going kaput (Skoda!!)

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Laura is simple. Don't bother with LED lights. Just get hid lights installed with ballast. I believe these are around 6-7k from a brand known as quaden. Many many Laura's are running this setup.

I have seen them being installed by code 6/Bay 6. Search the directory for the contact details.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2018, 19:12   #11189
BHPian

Quote:
I am contemplating to get LEDs for high beam of Ecosport facelift.

What did you do to overcome the quoted problem? Or did you get a new set of bulbs?
Old 8th September 2018, 20:24   #11190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakritij View Post
I am contemplating to get LEDs for high beam of Ecosport facelift.

What did you do to overcome the quoted problem? Or did you get a new set of bulbs?
I am currently using Osram NBU in the high beam. I am planning to get another set of bulbs without fan.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks