Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2018, 19:29   #11296
BHPian

So i installed led cabin lights and footwell lights in my grand i10. However the cabin light leds remain very very slightly lit when on the "door" setting while on off they turn off. The cabin light and footwell lights are all sourced from the same point and they do not seem to be having this issue. Any clue why its happening? Does the car give current even on the "door" setting because it never happened with the previous default halogen bulb.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1540735146808.jpg  

Old 29th October 2018, 08:46   #11297
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
So i installed led cabin lights and footwell lights in my grand i10. However the cabin light leds remain very very slightly lit when on the "door" setting while on off they turn off. The cabin light and footwell lights are all sourced from the same point and they do not seem to be having this issue. Any clue why its happening? Does the car give current even on the "door" setting because it never happened with the previous default halogen bulb.
This is normal. The switch contacts will see a small current flowing all the time, this is needed to sense the switch state, and also to prevent the contact points from getting oxidised. Incadescent bulbs need a much higher current to start emitting light, so this small current does not have any effect. LEDs start emitting light even at such low currents, hence the faint glow even when the doors are closed.
silversteed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 12:41   #11298
BHPian

So i just ordered a new ice blue flexible led strip for footwell lights as my current footwell lights are a big "jugaadish" and poor quality. However the one i ordered seem to not have any LED driver visible atleast in the pictures. For longevity and non flicker of the LEDs is there any led driver to also order from Aliexpress/indian portal if well priced ? I am going to wire them from the Cabin light source. Any link for the same if available to order?
Old 1st November 2018, 20:40   #11299
BHPian

Hi Everyone, I am planning to install Puddle lamp on my 2013 Vento and looking for some options. I saw some lamp on Ali baba with VW logo but I believe the brightness will not be that good as shown in picture.
If some one have tried it please let me know about quality or if any other option is available in market .
I am just looking for some thing which is bright, just to make my boy more welcoming
Old 4th November 2018, 13:59   #11300
Senior - BHPian

More information related to LED Headlight upgrades based on my recent experience - upgraded the H4 Bulb based Headlights on my Ignis from the stock Halogens to Beamtech LED Headlights.

A detailed report can be found on the DIY Forum here >

If selected carefully, some of the LED Bulbs do work quite well within the Halogen housing itself
Old 5th November 2018, 23:45   #11301
BHPian

I have not tried to upgrade the Hi beam bulbs to LED which are reflector but the results with the low beam (Projector) seems satisfactory. A detailed report in this thread for XUV500 3rd Gen.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4490624 (Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades)
Old 6th November 2018, 07:02   #11302
Senior - BHPian

I have installed dual LED fog bulbs in my Fortuner recently. It offers two throws of white at 6000k and yellow at 3000k. Takes care of rainy and foggy weather conditions, as required.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1541467854132.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1541467866644.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1541467882154.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1541467902149.jpg  

getsurya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 14:27   #11303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
I have installed dual LED fog bulbs in my Fortuner recently. It offers two throws of white at 6000k and yellow at 3000k. Takes care of rainy and foggy weather conditions, as required.
Looking good. You installed a separate switch in dashboard to take care of the 3000k and 6000k switching?
Old 6th November 2018, 19:10   #11304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Looking good. You installed a separate switch in dashboard to take care of the 3000k and 6000k switching?
It is one LED bulb with two color emitting LEDs. First time I put on the fogs, white color is turned on, if I turn off and turn the fog lamp rotor switch on the stalk on again, yellow color comes on. So, no separate switch is required.
getsurya is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 08:31   #11305
Senior - BHPian

https://www.cartoq.com/police-car-he...4l3kj3Be-8Zkhk

Quote:
The cops would randomly stop vehicles to check the intensity of the headlamps in the coming days. If the intensity is more than the prescribed norms, a fine of Rs. 1,000 would be imposed on the violators. Also, the violators would be adviced to change the bulbs and the light set-ups if the intensity is found to be higher than the limit.
Quote:
This step has been taken after a number of accidents took place in the state due to the use of bright headlamps. Kerala, which is known as the “Mod’s own country” sees a high number of modified vehicles on the road. Most of these vehicles get aftermarket high-intensity bulbs the replace the stock ones. Bright light can temporarily blind the car drivers on the other side, which can cause accidents.
Old 8th November 2018, 21:50   #11306
BHPian

I'm looking to upgrade/replace the OEM headlight bulbs on my ANHC (2012). I intend to keep it at stock specs only.After going through the forums, have concluded that Philips X- Treme Vision 60/55 w H4 bulbs would be a direct fit.

Now on the Philips website, I noticed a few more options -
Philips X- Treme Vision Plus,
Philips Racing Vision and
Philips White Vision.

The aforementioned alternatives are also in the same spec as stock OEMs i.e 60/55 12V, H4.

Need help in deciding the best option. I absolutely do not have any aesthetic compulsions here.Primary objective is better illumination while driving.
Old 9th November 2018, 00:28   #11307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKavadi View Post
I'm looking to upgrade/replace the OEM headlight bulbs on my ANHC (2012). I intend to keep it at stock specs only.After going through the forums, have concluded that Philips X- Treme Vision 60/55 w H4 bulbs would be a direct fit.

Philips White Vision.

The aforementioned alternatives are also in the same spec as stock OEMs i.e 60/55 12V, H4.

Need help in deciding the best option. I absolutely do not have any aesthetic compulsions here.Primary objective is better illumination while driving.
Hi Jay,
I have tried the Philips X-Treme Vision and X-Treme Vision Plus (60/55 12V, H4) and found only a slight improvement of about 10% for the former and 15% for the latter. They were a straight fit.
In my opinion, I did not think it was worth the money I paid for the bulbs. The X-Treme Vision Plus bulbs cost me Rs.800 per bulb.
I have since then changed to 90/100 Philips Rally bulbs with a Philips wiring harness, relay and ceramic holders.
Regards,
SS
Old 9th November 2018, 17:15   #11308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKavadi View Post

Philips White Vision.

If budget isn't a major constraint (and presuming you're on the reflector setup) - go in for a projector lense with an HID/LED bulb of the same wattage.

If you don't want to mess up the OEM headlight assembly, you can buy a spare assembly from Kurla market and get those retrofitted with the projector lense. The rest is just plug and play and won't affect your car's electricals.

PS: I was in the same boat about 4 months ago, and I found this to be the best solution in terms of illumination.

Last edited by sidpunjabi : 9th November 2018 at 17:18.
Old 9th November 2018, 18:25   #11309
BHPian

Hi All, I have bought a set of Philips Ralley 100/90 bulbs and a Philips harness with relay. I would like to install this myself instead of going to the accessories shop since I think it should be a simple DIY.

Can someone who has 100/90 bubs with relay installed post a few pics of where to tie down the relay and how to run the wires (or give me a link to a relevant thread if it exists).

If I have a reference, it would be easier to do than doing a guesswork.
Old 10th November 2018, 16:27   #11310

Greetings Folks,

Please do pardon my errors as i am new to the forum. I have used the available thread search tools to search for my answers however could not find any answers for my LED related query.

I had a quick question about Volkswagen Polo 2018's headlights upgrades.
As per my knowledge goes the stock headlights are H7 in the double barrels with 60/55 W and 35W H8 in fog lamps.

I'am planning on upgrading all 6 bulbs with the below options.

Headlights
https://www.philips.co.in/c-p/11972U...headlight-bulb - H7 bulb type - 4 bulbs - For approximately 7500 Rs. a pair

Fog Lamps
https://bit.ly/2qMcO0Z : H8 Bulb Type My friend has bought this and it has performed well in his polo's fog lamps. - I was thinking of picking these up which will be on sale tomorrow.

The above setup fits my budget however i had two questions
Question 1 - Am i mismatching the wattage here and putting the vehicle's electrical integrity at risk?
Question 2 - if the above setup will be plug and play or will require some wire / relay / adapter.

If adapters are required, I was thinking of ordering the below add on as well.

https://bit.ly/2PmI6Kr - H7 Adapaters
https://bit.ly/2RGQOjo - Other type of H7 Adapters

The below option is also interesting however they are a little out of my budget.

https://www.philips.co.in/c-p/12985B...headlight-bulb - Almost 11,000 Rs a pair

I would deeply appreciate if someone could guide me about the fitments and if any reliable source who deals in automotive headlights in Pune.

Thanking you all in advance.

Regards
Niel

Most Viewed