Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2018, 16:31   #11356
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk7671 View Post
After the HID fiasco (severe shadow problem), I upgraded my XUV projector bulbs to Philips Xtreme vision plus. But they too were OK and not that great. The only option that I could now think of was Auxiliary lights, and what better than 'Lightforce'. Here is my beast with the new toy - Let there be LIGHT!!!

Attachment 1828102
Would you mind sharing the price for these and where you got these from? Also how have these been fitted? Have they welded a beam to act as a cross member? Is there any vibration at idle? Did you have to get them focused or are they alright right out of the box?

TIA
Old 22nd December 2018, 12:01   #11357
BHPian

Hello team. I own a 2012 old shape Hyundai i20 which has clocked 92000 km. Currently the car is undergoing full denting painting. I am a huge fan of projectors and I guess it is the right time to get my ride a new pair of lights. I am in touch with retrorides, the retrofit source, Blaze India and one very good friend of mine who has good knowledge about projectors. After talking with so many folks I am seriously confused to choose the right projector for my ride. The number of available option is adding to the mess and hence I request you to help me with your valuable inputs.
Thanks in advance
Old 22nd December 2018, 23:20   #11358
BHPian

Just replaced bulbs in high beam (right and left both).

Surprisingly, both fused at the same time, giving rise to suspicion of fuse having blown.

The car is Skoda Rapid, done 120000. Bulbs were Osram Night Breakers plus. This is the first time such thing happened. Both bulbs had some marks that pointed to shorting. The headlights are properly secured, with no chance of any moisture/water getting inside.

Wondering what could be the reason. Looking for expert opinions, so that care is taken in future.
Old 23rd December 2018, 12:59   #11359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib Khan View Post
Hello team. I own a 2012 old shape Hyundai i20 which has clocked 92000 km. Currently the car is undergoing full denting painting. I am a huge fan of projectors and I guess it is the right time to get my ride a new pair of lights. I am in touch with retrorides, the retrofit source, Blaze India and one very good friend of mine who has good knowledge about projectors. After talking with so many folks I am seriously confused to choose the right projector for my ride. The number of available option is adding to the mess and hence I request you to help me with your valuable inputs.
Thanks in advance
Whats your budget?
Would you be okay to order projectors yourself and then getting them installed? I can suggest a excellent setup using threaded D2S projecters type under Rs 10-12k assuming no custom duties get charged.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 13:09   #11360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Whats your budget?
Would you be okay to order projectors yourself and then getting them installed? I can suggest a excellent setup using threaded D2S projecters type under Rs 10-12k assuming no custom duties get charged.
I have not thought about the budget thing as of now. All I need is quality product which should have good performance and reliable. I would be glad to know what setup you are talking about.
Old 23rd December 2018, 14:11   #11361
BANNED

Quote:
Hello team. I own a 2012 old shape Hyundai i20 which has clocked 92000 km. Currently the car is undergoing full denting painting. I am a huge fan of projectors and I guess it is the right time to get my ride a new pair of lights.
I have recently done a DIY Retrofit on my Creta. I got the kit from Retro Rides, Delhi.

I went with the following setup:

Projector: Morimoto Mini D2S 4.0 Round Lens, RHD
Ballasts: XB55 D2S
Bulbs: XB (D Series) D2S @ 5500K
Adapter: AMP > D2S Ballast adapter (90° bend type)
Igniter: AMP type Morimoto XB
Wiring Harness: HD Relay 9005 Type
Sealant: Black RetroRubber

Here's the link to that thread with all details.

Retrofit should be easier in your case IMHO.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 14:18   #11362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I have recently done a DIY Retrofit on my Creta. I got the kit from Retro Rides, Delhi.

Retrofit should be easier in your case IMHO.
Thanks Anurag for your suggestion. Infact it was your retrofit which made up my mind for the projector installation on my ride. Morimoto is 1 option which I am seriously considering but they are out of stock with retro rides and I am waiting for the review of D2s 5.0.
Old 23rd December 2018, 14:33   #11363
BANNED

Quote:
I am waiting for the review of D2s 5.0.
In case you haven't seen these two videos on the Morimoto D2S 5.0, here they are:

a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 14:34   #11364
BHPian

Quote:
I have not thought about the budget thing as of now. All I need is quality product which should have good performance and reliable. I would be glad to know what setup you are talking about.
All items from aliexpress:
Sinolyn 3.0 D2S projectors.
Hylux 35w hid kit/Ddm tuning premium hid kit.
H4 Hid relay.

All this should be under 10-12k shipped.

Alternately you can go for Bi led projectors which will cost 13-15k. However they are easier to install as no ballasts/relay to take care of and you get Instant ON for flashing while hids take some seconds to start. The intensity is better than halogens but poorer than HIDs. So first decide if you wanna go for HID or LED.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 15:14   #11365
BHPian

Quote:
In case you haven't seen these two videos on the Morimoto D2S 5.0, here they are
I saw the video few days back but waiting for the review by TRS. I am in contact with retro rides and they have asked me to wait till January 2019 for D2S 5.0 projectors to arrive in India. Btw how much of a difference did you notice after the retrofit compared to your stock setup?

Last edited by GTO : 23rd December 2018 at 18:37. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Old 23rd December 2018, 15:17   #11366
BANNED

Quote:
Btw how much of a difference did you notice after the retrofit compared to your stock setup?
Difference is like Day and night.

Can't drive other vehicles with halogens after getting used to this HID setup.

Last edited by a4anurag : 23rd December 2018 at 15:18.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 15:18   #11367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
All items from aliexpress:
Sinolyn 3.0 D2S projectors.
Hylux 35w hid kit/Ddm tuning premium hid kit.
H4 Hid relay.

All this should be under 10-12k shipped.

Alternately you can go for Bi led projectors which will cost 13-15k. However they are easier to install as no ballasts/relay to take care of and you get Instant ON for flashing while hids take some seconds to start. The intensity is better than halogens but poorer than HIDs. So first decide if you wanna go for HID or LED.
Thanks for your quick replies. I am not interested in Bi Led setup. I need maximum amount of light I can get and that's why I prefer HIDs.
Do you know anyone who got this setup?

Quote:
Difference is like Day and night.

Can't drive other vehicles with halogens after getting used to this HID setup.
That sounds just perfect. I have installed bi xenon projectors in my fog lights. Any particular reason why you opted to buy the kit from Retro Rides? TRS gives 3 years warranty compared to Retro Rides 2 years warranty.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 23rd December 2018 at 19:00. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 23rd December 2018, 15:30   #11368
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your quick replies. I am not interested in Bi Led setup. I need maximum amount of light I can get and that's why I prefer HIDs.
Do you know anyone who got this setup?
I am sure there are many here who have this setup combination. Both options are well renowned for reliability and performance across the world. If you want the best as well as branded then yes you can buy from morimoto. However the additional cost wont give same additional ROI.

Here is a useful site to give a decent idea on HID bulb comparisons. https://www.bulbfacts.com/hid-kits/chart/
Old 23rd December 2018, 15:41   #11369
BANNED

Quote:
Any particular reason why you opted to buy the kit from Retro Rides?
Warranty claims will be easily handled by Retro Rides, as it is in India and no headache to ship it out to USA if any claims arise.

Plus Retro Rides is the official dealer for Morimoto in India hence went with them.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 16:54   #11370
BHPian

Has anyone installed auto headlamps unit for VW or Skoda?

I recently purchased one from Aliexpress and installed. Have a few queries regarding the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks