Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2018, 16:05   #11071
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: :Frustrati:mad: Shoddy Work By Xenon Planet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
So I am posting this around a year of getting the retrofit projector setup from Xenon Planet and today I was horrified to see how bad their install actually is.
I am not surprised. Many guys are suffering with installs and products from Xenon Planet which are nothing but Ali express products sold at double price. Their website is also down since couple of months. It's high time we BHPians avoid this fraudulent HID seller.
Old 26th June 2018, 16:14   #11072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I am not surprised. Many guys are suffering with installs and products from Xenon Planet which are nothing but Ali express products sold at double price. Their website is also down since couple of months. It's high time we BHPians avoid this fraudulent HID seller.
Worst part is that I messaged Mr. Karan Fernandes to day, sent him the pics of my lights and asked him to advise me as to what is to be done. He told me that his installer has quit and that they haven't done installs in over 03 months; further saying that my case was some of the few 'unfortunate' cases.

In short - no choice but to live with it.

I have not only wasted money on this install but will now have lower lighting due to the foggy headlights.
Old 26th June 2018, 16:18   #11073
Team-BHP Support

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Here's the output from my H4 LED lamps. These are 50W per set, i.e. 25W per bulb. I also have foglamps which are 72W per set, i.e 36W per bulb.

The pics were taken on my Mi Max phone, which has a mediocre low light camera, so kindly excuse the less than spectacular, uh.. shutterbuggery?
Looks good Vivek. Did the bulb fit in the housing with the rubber cap as well? Didn't that obstruct?

Which bulbs are these? These look like the oslamp or the beamtech lights from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/BEAMTECH-Head...ds=h4+bulb+led

https://www.amazon.com/Auxbeam-Headl...ds=h4+bulb+led
Old 26th June 2018, 16:23   #11074
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
In short - no choice but to live with it.
It's obvious that they have not resealed the headlights properly. I too have moisture issues, bulb colour mismatch and bowing of beam at sides, thanks to Xenon Planet products and installation. I have given up long time back and living with it now .
Old 26th June 2018, 18:42   #11075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
So after doing a little bit of research, went ahead and took the plunge to change the bulbs in my car.

The OEM set-up on my Verna was single projectors running on halogen bulbs. Went ahead and changed the bulbs to 55W 4300K HIDs.

It has now been 10 days since I made this change and here are my initial impressions:

1. 4300K temperature has a white tinge to it. If you want to retain the colour temperature of a halogen bulb then 3000K is closest to it.

2. Start-up time to full brightness is around 20 to 30 seconds. This is despite using a fast start ballast. This makes it a bit inconvenient when entering places that go suddenly dark and you need light immediately for example while entering basements or a dark tunnel.

3. Point 2 also makes it an ineffective bulb when you want to flash your high-beams

4. Performance is slightly better than the halogens that I was running.

5. To accomodate the ballast and wires, the dust cap will have to be cut. You just need to ensure that the hole is properly sealed during the final fitment.

Am yet to drive on highways, in heavy rain or in fog/mist to give a review of the same.

My experience on my verna 4s with osram 35 W 4300 K hids is opposite which you have quoted. Light throw and brightness is 10 times brighter then halogens. Start time for HID's is just max 5 to 10 secs , i drive everyday to faridabad from gurgaon which no street lights. Also during the night dipper flickers like audi and cars in front give way in secs. Adjust the vertical alignment using screw driver as HID's have proper cutoff. This is the youtube link of dashcam footage from my verna 4s , please switch to OSRAM and you will love the light throw and brightness.

Safari_Beast is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2018, 00:02   #11076
BHPian

Hi Guys,

As the monsoon has started, I was looking for some brighter lights for my Nano XT in Bombay which is presently fitted with Philips Extreme Vision 55/60W.
My local accessory shop is offering me these OSRAM All Weather bulbs at Rs. 370.00 each. Yellowish light. Made in Germany and with a lifetime warranty!! However, the wattage is 90/100W and he is insisting that there is NO NEED for a relay. He has original Philips relays but questions the need for all the extra wiring. I am a bit doubtful about not fitting a relay for 90/100W bulbs.
Has anyone fitted these bulbs and if so, would appreciate some feedback.
1. Did you fit a relay?
2. Effectiveness of these bulbs.
3. Cost per bulb.

Thanks & Regards,
SS
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20180627_202228.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20180627_202217.jpg  

Old 28th June 2018, 00:20   #11077
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Made in Germany and with a lifetime warranty!! However, the wattage is 90/100W and he is insisting that there is NO NEED for a relay.
Suzuki san, the lifetime of the bulbs is not even the lifetime of the car ! And pls get the relay if it is 90/100. Also ceramic holders if you can.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2018, 21:53   #11078
BHPian

Hi could someone help me what is an ideal cheap upgrade for the stock 55w H7 low beams on the projector focused Tata Zest?

Last edited by AGwagon : 29th June 2018 at 21:56.
Old 29th June 2018, 22:01   #11079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Hi could someone help me what is an ideal cheap upgrade for the stock 55w H7 low beams on the projector focused Tata Zest?
Well, to get a decent upgrade, I would suggest to install H7 4300K 35w HID kit in the low beam stock projector.

This should cost you around 6-10 K depending on brand.

Upgrading to Philips XtremeVision Plus would be the cheapest way out, though I am sure you will not be amazed with the difference.

Don't go with LED.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2018, 22:19   #11080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
Well, to get a decent upgrade, I would suggest to install H7 4300K 35w HID kit in the low beam stock projector.

This should cost you around 6-10 K depending on brand.

Upgrading to Philips XtremeVision Plus would be the cheapest way out, though I am sure you will not be amazed with the difference.

Don't go with LED.
Thanks, not looking to spend too much so not keen on HID kit. Any idea is it safe to go up on wattage to 80w, from a long term perspective?
Old 29th June 2018, 22:31   #11081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Thanks, not looking to spend too much so not keen on HID kit. Any idea is it safe to go up on wattage to 80w, from a long term perspective?
As it's the low beam, I would not suggest to increase the wattage. Low beam is used a lot, and the higher wattage will cause the burnout of the reflector and lens(probably). There is hardly any major difference between XtremeVision Plus and high wattage bulbs.

I would suggest either stick to 55w (XtremeVision Plus) or go with HID. Anything in between is just waste of time and money.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2018, 08:33   #11082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post

Don't go with LED.
Hi AGWagon,
suku_patel has put his description of Philips Extreme Vision Plus very well.

In my experience the difference is about 10% and definitely not worth the cost of Rs. 800 per bulb.

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2018, 22:45   #11083
Senior - BHPian

Philips H11 LED 22W Headlight

Proper LED headlamp bulbs are already available in the market and some are really good. Most are made by chinese manufacturers which sell them under various names and some of them are top quality stuff. Main thing that matters in these LED replacement bulbs are the positioning of diodes which should match the filament position of the halogen it is replacing. Many manufacturers and sellers claim theirs work the best but when Philips came out with one of these replacements it was a no brainer to get one of these going by past experience with their H11 LED Fog (in fogs and headlight low beams of Crysta). Also I wanted to stay with Philips/Osram since all LEDs on my car are now either one of these two brands.

These are not sold in India as on date. I wonder why they don't sell it across all markets like they do with the H11 fogs, H4 and H7 headlights. Anyway these are genuine and the scratch code authenticated it. This is from their Xtreme Ultinon series.

Initial impressions are good, they shine brighter and the beam is stronger compared to the H11 fogs i had installed in low beams of my Crysta with good results. Philips rate these bulbs at a conservative 1350lumens. I read somewhere that Philips lumens rating for LED bulbs are measured at max operating temperature. The cooling is passive with a heatsink.

The bulb is designed to be used in both projector and reflector headlights and is adjustable.

I will post a video later. Leaving this collage here for now. The H11LED fog and H11LED Headlight bulbs are at the bottom of the collage. One on the left is H11Fog (11W) and it does not have a separate driver and the driver is in its base. H11 headlight (22W) has a proper heatsink and a separate driver which is inside a sturdy black aluminium box.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-h11collage.jpg
Sankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2018, 09:07   #11084
Senior - BHPian

Philips LED HB3/9005 25W Headlight

I was using HIR1 bulbs with modified tab, to make it fit into HB3 housing, since year 2016 as my highbeam bulbs. These were a definite upgrade over stock and xtreme vision HB3 bulbs. The highbeams of my Crysta are the last to get converted to LEDs because proper LED replacements for HB3's were hard to come by. Happened to see the Philips LED HB3 replacements by chance and what joy! I did not think further!

These are also from their Xtreme ultinon series and really top quality construction like the rest of their line-up. These are rated at 25W and 1760 lumens, which is 410 lumens higher than the H11 I posted above. These have active heat management and uses a fan, which is silent and i hope it stays that way.

Light output is good and I will post a video on these and the H11's later. Leaving this collage here for now.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-hb3collage.jpg

PS: These also fit HB4 housings and come with another set of O-rings to use if mounted in an HB4 housing. The ones on the bulb when it leaves factory is for HB3.

Last edited by Sankar : 1st July 2018 at 09:09.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2018, 22:27   #11085
Senior - BHPian

Crysta headlamp upgrade.

Innova Crysta LED headlight upgrade. Low beam and high beam.

Why no projector retrofit? It could have been doen cheaper actually. To answer that, I like LEDs and i like to keep it simple without open headlight surgery. I can swap out with regular bulb if these were to go kaput away from home.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks