Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2023, 14:24   #12571
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrisonMike View Post
True, but that adds to the cost again. If only the OEM Bi-Xenon or the GTI headlights were a little more reasonably priced...
So for the time being I have opted for Bi-Xenon projectors from RSR Autovision. I'm sure anything would be better than the pathetic output from the stock halogens.
Not really. Out of the 40k that these lights cost me, the LED bulbs were just 40$ which is like 3200 Rs give or take.

Last edited by vaibhavyagnik : 15th August 2023 at 14:34.
Old 21st August 2023, 15:40   #12572
BHPian

my 2015 T-Fortuner required all light upgrades, please assist.

In each change, I would prefer 4200K to 5000K like daylight, good in rains too.

1) Low Beam : original D4S HID 35W : over the years the light output has become quite low, and flickering increased.

2) High Beam : original HB3 60W : however since few years its running with retro fit HID kit. It was really bright on my long trips in night. Few months back, one of it stopped working and a mechanic make it working by some change in wiring adapter (borrowed from below referred fog light).

3) Fog Light : original HB4 51W : however since few years its running with retro fit HID kit. Few months back, due to a minor accident the fogs were damaged, which I changed entire assembly with regular bulbs, now light output is pretty weak.

By some online search, I found some products :

A) Low Beam (D4S) : ?

B) Fog light (HB4/9006) :
https://autobahntechnologies.com/pro...light-80w-a7t/
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-9006nlhcb-39631173/

C) High beam (HB3/9005) :
https://www.planetcarcare.com/produc...00k-6000k-pair

Please provide your comments, or any other suggestions, thanks. Im ok with bulb or Led setup. Dont want a very high costing setup.
Apart from daily city late evening driving, occasionally I have night driving on highways during trips.

thanks in advance for help.
Old 22nd August 2023, 23:51   #12573
BHPian

Hey, I’m driving an Ignis with OSRAM H4 LEDs for high and low beams and in need of foglamps now.

Ignis uses the H11 for fogs, can anyone suggest if OSRAMs H11 are a good choice (or any other brand) for fogs?

Attaching the link of the same:
https://amzn.eu/d/e6Ubr67
Old 23rd August 2023, 11:34   #12574
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
my 2015 T-Fortuner required all light upgrades, please assist.

In each change, I would prefer 4200K to 5000K like daylight, good in rains too.

1) Low Beam : original D4S HID 35W : over the years the light output has become quite low, and flickering increased.

2) High Beam : original HB3 60W : however since few years its running with retro fit HID kit. It was really bright on my long trips in night. Few months back, one of it stopped working and a mechanic make it working by some change in wiring adapter (borrowed from below referred fog light).

3) Fog Light : original HB4 51W : however since few years its running with retro fit HID kit. Few months back, due to a minor accident the fogs were damaged, which I changed entire assembly with regular bulbs, now light output is pretty weak.

Some quick suggestions for you which would help you achieve much better light output.

1) start with upgrading your Fog light units to GTR /AES/ IPH led projector units. Since your old version Fortuner has 3 inch round projectors, this will be an easy swap. These are also cost effective and will be available in the range of 10-12k. In GTR you get 4300k option. In IPH you can get the M617 with tri color option. I think AES also has a 4300k option. This upgrade will give you almost 2x light and will easily cover your low beam needs.

2) next upgrade if you need stronger high beams is to go for Osram 50w Led bulbs in 4200k. This will also give you 2x high beam light. But please be aware that since your high beams are reflectors, They may cause glare to oncoming traffic.

3) for your stock low beams there are options of retrofit LED bulbs which can replace your HID bulb directly, but they are difficult to get and generally will not be as effective. I believe DHC is one brand which has them in India.

Do these upgrades step by step and only if you are still not satisfied, then only invest for the next step

Last edited by Behemoth : 23rd August 2023 at 11:36.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 20:05   #12575
BHPian

After years of searching for a good LED solution for my halogen setup cars I have finally got hands on a product which looks good and performs even better. I have tried multiple LEDs branded and non-branded (read Chinese) in my cars in search for focused white beams (6000k) in reflector setups but as you already know they mostly scatter light everywhere, even if the road seems lit in white light.

Many times I thought over about going for installation of projectors with HID/LED in stock headlamps but never got enough good reviews of any installer in and around NCR. One could always read Google reviews where users complained of sealing issues, wire tampering, fogging and dust getting inside plus the exorbitant cost charged for installation. And in case the installation goes wrong, the cost of buying a new set of headlights.

While buying iPH from Mr. Amit Sawhney (Contact number 98714 90280) of Blaze India, I got to know about an AES product AES H4 Mini Bi-LED Projector Lens
https://www.aescar.com/aes-h4-mini-b...on_p23367.html

These are by far the best LED solution I have seen till date for halogen headlights, just plug and play solution. 6000k light, focused beam, strong high beam and that blue cut-off for those who desire it.

I got these installed in my Hyundai Verna with halogen based headlamps.

The lights
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-3364349e0fd148dc8e83ac9a291da888.jpg

Cut-off
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_5945.jpg

Low beam
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_5937.jpg

High beam
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_5939.jpg
yogiii is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 22:27   #12576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulRV View Post
Hey,
Kindly throw some more light into this conversion, and how has the experience been post upgrade.
As promised, this is a video about the packaging and performance of after market headlights that I purchased from china. The video is pretty long but mainly can be divided in 4 parts.
1. Unboxing experience
2. Performance of Reflector headlights with HID and LED
3. Performance of Projector headlights that I bought from China
4. Top-Bottom comparison.

Please make sure to use chapters functionality of youtube for a better experience.

vaibhavyagnik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 18:57   #12577
BHPian

Ford Ecosport Titanium 2019:

Low Beam: Current unit is a H11 Halogen with projector housing from OEM (55watt). Is it possible to swap it with LED from osram as the connector is the same and the car comes with the projector housing for low beams? I have seen higher ‘S’ model come with brighter lights. I am a total beginner for automotive lighting so was wondering if I were to replace the stock bulbs with LED of lower wattage (55watt to 36 watt), it should work, right?

High beams: no complaints, will be using the stock setup as they come with reflectors. Maybe replace with a better bulb.
Old 6th September 2023, 20:11   #12578
Senior - BHPian

So, hypothetically speaking, if I want to run some roof mounted lights/light bars on the roof rail, how would one do the wiring to get the wires up there?

The question specifically is, what is the best method to conceal the wiring from the engine compartment to the roof rail, via the A Pillar? Is there another way to route the wires, considering, I dont want to drill holes in my car?
Old 6th September 2023, 20:39   #12579
BHPian

So, i have been running 100/90 Osram H4 Bulbs with a Philips Relay and recently one of the fusebox of the philips relay had melted resulting in non functional High Beam as i was on a trip the roadside mechanic did a Jugaad by removing the High beam fusebox of the relay and joining the wires directly using electrical tape.

Now after coming back i inspected the Joint and the electrical tape is melting after the 1500km roadtrip, earlier i was thinking to add a blade fuse holder using heat shrink but would it hold in the North Indian temperatures or should i replace the existing Relay wiring with a new one?

Last edited by revvharder : 6th September 2023 at 20:40.
Old 8th September 2023, 13:19   #12580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
So, i have been running 100/90 Osram H4 Bulbs with a Philips Relay and recently one of the fusebox of the philips relay had melted resulting in non functional High Beam as i was on a trip the roadside mechanic did a Jugaad by removing the High beam fusebox of the relay and joining the wires directly using electrical tape.

Now after coming back i inspected the Joint and the electrical tape is melting after the 1500km roadtrip, earlier i was thinking to add a blade fuse holder using heat shrink but would it hold in the North Indian temperatures or should i replace the existing Relay wiring with a new one?
Please get the wiring inspected and replace the wires and/or relay. The fuse had melted because the current passing through was a lot higher than what is expected and what it is rated for. You are risking a fire inside the engine compartment, and insurance companies will quickly point this out to deny claims, should something terrible happen.
Old 8th September 2023, 14:09   #12581
RMN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typlo View Post
Ford Ecosport Titanium 2019:

Low Beam: Current unit is a H11 Halogen with projector housing from OEM (55watt). Is it possible to swap it with LED from osram as the connector is the same and the car comes with the projector housing for low beams? I have seen higher ‘S’ model come with brighter lights. I am a total beginner for automotive lighting so was wondering if I were to replace the stock bulbs with LED of lower wattage (55watt to 36 watt), it should work, right?

High beams: no complaints, will be using the stock setup as they come with reflectors. Maybe replace with a better bulb.
Isn't the low beam projector H18 halogen? At least my 2018 Ecosport is.

You can swap the low beam halogens with LED's of H18 base. Many LED's that are H7 compatible are also H18 compatible but there are a few that only fit an H7 holder.

I tried the Philips Ultinon which has a fan less heatsink and its fits well even with the stock dust cap. You just need to put some effort to get the lock to latch that holds the bulb though. This model from Philips in one of their basic ones with 1250 lumens, was at best slightly better than the stock.

I reverted to stock and placed an order for the Auxbeam GX Series 120W 25000Lumens Light Bulb its 25000 Lumens! Still waiting for it to ship and shall report on how it performs.

Last edited by RMN : 8th September 2023 at 14:11.
Old 10th September 2023, 13:46   #12582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
my 2015 T-Fortuner required all light upgrades,
just to update, I have done the light upgrades.
Do watch this video and read description section for more details :

regards,
Old 10th September 2023, 14:33   #12583
BHPian

Sorry for this noob question. I actually don't have much idea about lights and bulbs.

My MK1 octavia is fitted with non OEM headlights having HID projectors for main light and halogen projector for fog lights, in the same assembly.

The total light output is lesser than a candle so to say.

What LED options do I have for the main light?

TIA.
fordday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 19:34   #12584

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMN View Post
Isn't the low beam projector H18 halogen? At least my 2018 Ecosport is.

You can swap the low beam halogens with LED's of H18 base. Many LED's that are H7 compatible are also H18 compatible but there are a few that only fit an H7 holder.

I tried the Philips Ultinon which has a fan less heatsink and its fits well even with the stock dust cap. You just need to put some effort to get the lock to latch that holds the bulb though. This model from Philips in one of their basic ones with 1250 lumens, was at best slightly better than the stock.

I reverted to stock and placed an order for the Auxbeam GX Series 120W 25000Lumens Light Bulb its 25000 Lumens! Still waiting for it to ship and shall report on how it performs.

Pls chk this

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post5417922 (Comprehensive guide to LED Headlight upgrades)
Old 11th September 2023, 13:43   #12585
RMN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Sorry for this noob question. I actually don't have much idea about lights and bulbs.

My MK1 octavia is fitted with non OEM headlights having HID projectors for main light and halogen projector for fog lights, in the same assembly.

The total light output is lesser than a candle so to say.

What LED options do I have for the main light?

TIA.
First up, I would suggest some maintenance. Assuming you are still running the headlight unit from that came with the car, the lenses could do some polishing/restoration. Most OEM projectors with a good set of HIDs should provide really good output. You could always just replace the HIDs with a new one. HID can lose their intensity over time and the bulb along can be bought online for a decent cost.

If you want to go the LED route, find out the bulb holder type, as in H7 or H18 etc and most makers such as Osram, Bosch or Auxbeam should have compatible bulbs. You will just need to verify if there is enough space in and around your headlight unit to place the driver unit that comes with these bulbs.
RMN is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks