Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2023, 13:37   #12586

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Hello Friends,

Can anyone please suggest me a place in Mumbai where I can install projector lights to my '20 Skoda Rapid?

Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 14:47   #12587
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller_riz View Post
Hello Friends,

Can anyone please suggest me a place in Mumbai where I can install projector lights to my '20 Skoda Rapid?

Thanks
Hi,

If you want to retrofit your headlights with Led projectors , you can check with these guys. They have done the retrifitment of Osram CBI Pro projectors in quite a few cars.

Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 15:27   #12588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi,

If you want to retrofit your headlights with Led projectors , you can check with these guys. They have done the retrifitment of Osram CBI Pro projectors in quite a few cars.

https://Youtu.be/ecX568ciY6c?feature=shared
thanks Behemoth. I called them up just now. The person on the phone told me that they don't do it for Scoda Rapid.

Anyone else you know in Mumbai ?
Old 12th September 2023, 16:19   #12589

Hello All!

I Need recommendations on Headlight upgrade for my Hyundai Verna 2014. My CRDi SX came with a reflector set-up (pure reflectors and not projectors).

I have mixed opinions on installing LEDs on a reflector casing. Also, upgrading to 90/100 W with a relay is not only illegal but also dangerous. Stock 55/60 W lights seems horrible.

I am looking for a under 60W solution that makes sense in the reflector casing (headlight casing upgrade will drill a hole in my pocket )
TheVDR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 18:01   #12590
BHPian

Hello Light experts: I am looking for advise on replacing the indoor cabin roof light bulbs in my Toyota Fortuner (old model). The OEM bulbs are very dull, pale yellow and not at all bright. Looking for some options which lights up the cabin and make things visible. I can see some options on Amazon currently (Link) but not sure if they are worth even trying.

Ideally if I can replace ALL cabin light bulbs, incl front, middle and rear, that will be great. Otherwise at least the one in the middle row I want to replace. Also is there any issues/downside to this bulb replacements?

Pls share your advice and suggestion options.

Cheers,
narayanang76
Old 13th September 2023, 12:05   #12591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVDR View Post
Hello All!

I Need recommendations on Headlight upgrade for my Hyundai Verna 2014. My CRDi SX came with a reflector set-up (pure reflectors and not projectors).

I have mixed opinions on installing LEDs on a reflector casing. Also, upgrading to 90/100 W with a relay is not only illegal but also dangerous. Stock 55/60 W lights seems horrible.

I am looking for a under 60W solution that makes sense in the reflector casing (headlight casing upgrade will drill a hole in my pocket )
The best bet for you is to install 100/90W halogens with relay and wiring. Use a good quality plug and play relay (Hella/Minda/Philips) and use the High beam sparingly and for quick bursts. These relays come with an inline fuse and thicker wiring. Get them installed by someone who knows the basics.

LEDs for reflectors are useless and you are better off with your current set up. The throw will scatter and they will anyways be useless in the rains/fog, which is when you need good lighting. I doubt any LED options will fit into the housing of your car, it being a 2014 model, without fouling with the dust cap.

Consider your use case before choosing; if you do not drive on the highways at night then perhaps the best choice is to live with your current set up.
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 12:28   #12592
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
LEDs for reflectors are useless and you are better off with your current set up.
This is not right at all. Just need to find the suitable LED bulb for your reflectors thats all. In fact, LEDs tend to work better in reflector setups. I have used halogens, HIDs (in projectors) and LEDs everything under the Sun.
As long as you choose the right LED bulb - the lighting is exceptionally good. 2 out of my current 3 cars, use all LED front setup (headlamps and fog lamps) - in reflectors and there is 0 glare and better than HID lighting output. No scatter at all. Cut-offs are sharp on walls. No oncoming traffic ever makes the classic responses of glare - like beam flashes / aggressive maneuvers etc.
The other car has a 4 projector 4 HID setup in front - and I don't miss it much when driving the LED cars.

Few years ago - I used to hate LEDs too (having had a horrible experience with original and costly Philips LED bulbs). But things have changed a lot over last 5 years.

Last edited by Reinhard : 13th September 2023 at 12:31.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 13:59   #12593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
This is not right at all. Just need to find the suitable LED bulb for your reflectors thats all. In fact, LEDs tend to work better in reflector setups.
Hi Reinhard,

I have a Tata Tiago XZ which as you might be aware, comes with a reflector headlamp. Would you recommend the Osram 25 Watt LEDs on these? I will be opting for the warm white color if so.

Cheers,
Ram
Old 13th September 2023, 15:46   #12594
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsbhp View Post
Hi Reinhard,

I have a Tata Tiago XZ which as you might be aware, comes with a reflector headlamp. Would you recommend the Osram 25 Watt LEDs on these? I will be opting for the warm white color if so.
Hey marsbhp - my personal experience with Philips and Osram LEDs has been subpar (to avoid using unparliamentary language on the forum).

The presently available unfriendly-neighbour sourced LEDs tend to be far superior for the asking price. Anyway - Philips and Osram are also made in & imported from China. So no big ethical issue as such to decide between them. CrystalEye, NightEye, Zimmer - are the typically good "brands". Will DM you a contact, you can check it out. Key is - to get the orientation of the bulb chip position right in the car. Pay attention to it. Its not direction agnostic like a dumb halogen filament. Also - the bases of LED bulbs tend to be somewhat "universal" with addon for clip fitment. So you have to correctly position the chip before clamping it tight in place. For an H4 bulb (if your Tiago has that single bulb arrangement) - this is even more important as the high-beam chip is on the same stalk and has to be positioned towards the lower side of the headlamp so that it emits light on the upward pointing part of the reflector.

Cheers!
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 07:58   #12595
BHPian

Anybody knows an Osram or Phillips dealer/shop/installer in Mumbai?
I am looking for H8 LED Fog Lamps (6000K) for my Virtus GT.
Can’t find the right ones on Amazon also.
Old 15th September 2023, 15:36   #12596
BHPian

Friends,
After going through this thread, I've finally decided to get the fog lights upgraded from Blaze India (Mr.Amit) on my Kia Seltos GTX+ D AT.

Planning to get the stock icecube foglights replaced by projectors.

I reside in Mumbai & looking for a competent installer who can install these lights.

Any pointers will be welcome!

Thanks!

Powertrain
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 15:10   #12597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
Hello Light experts: I am looking for advise on replacing the indoor cabin roof light bulbs in my Toyota Fortuner (old model). ......

Pls share your advice and suggestion options.

Cheers,
narayanang76
I have replaced the OEM cabin bulbs of my 2015 Fortuner with these last week:
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
These comes in packs of 2 bulbs. The bulbs from the first link are to be fitted in the 2nd and 3rd row lights and the ones from the second link will go into the front row lights.
A slight improvement from the OEM dull yellow lights.
Prakritij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 15:18   #12598
BHPian

I would like to upgrade the headlights of my Santro 3rd Gen 2018 as they are very poor. I have been reading this thread but I am unable to decide and confused which bulbs can fit and does not damage the wiring and the reflectors in my car.

Also if the fog lamps can be upgraded.

As per manual Headlight wattage is 60/55 - Bulb Type H4 and Fog light
wattage is 27 - Bulb Type 881.

Advice and suggestions will be welcomed.

Thanks.
Old 16th September 2023, 15:31   #12599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
my 2015 T-Fortuner required all light upgrades, please assist.

In each change, I would prefer 4200K to 5000K like daylight, good in rains too.

1) Low Beam : original D4S HID 35W : over the years the light output has become quite low, and flickering increased.

2) High Beam : original HB3 60W : however since few years its running with retro fit HID kit. It was really bright on my long trips in night. Few months back, one of it stopped working and a mechanic make it working by some change in wiring adapter (borrowed from below referred fog light).

3) Fog Light : original HB4 51W : however since few years its running with retro fit HID kit. Few months back, due to a minor accident the fogs were damaged, which I changed entire assembly with regular bulbs, now light output is pretty weak.

Hi. here are my suggestions:
1. Low beams: replace only the bulbs and see. HID bulbs usually gets dim over time. If not satisfied, try changing the ballasts later. D4S bulbs are rare in the market. I have ordered a set from amazon and they are yet to arrive.
2. High beam: I find the OEM high beams decent. I don't use them much though. My suggestion here is to revert to the old bulbs if they are still with you else get new ones.
3. Fog light: these are almost 4" ones and 3" projectors do not fit directly and will require some kind of casing/enclosure. I have replaced the fog lights with these:
https://www.mxsmotosport.com/toyota-...type-1--type-2
These are 2" in dia and are decent if aligned properly. Comes with high beam operated via solenoid which I have not connected as as stated earlier, I find the OEM highs sufficient.
Since the size is a bit smaller than the OEM(4") and commonly available 3" ones, the spread is lesser too. Hence not much of fog light functionality is there which require a good spread. The throw is good. I use these with the HL low beams.
Thanks

PS: Saw this post by bhpian pcpranav after replying to bhpian narayanang76 in my previous post. Please merge if necessary.

Last edited by Prakritij : 16th September 2023 at 15:37.
Prakritij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 22:16   #12600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVDR View Post
Hello All!

Hi TheVDR,

You can refer my post here, I also had a reflector based halogen setup.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post5610205 (Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here)
yogiii is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks