Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2023, 14:19   #12631
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Misaligned - Move the headlamp lever to 0, bring the left headlamp up with a screw driver so that their horizontal cut off lines match with the right. Now you should be all set.
How does one decide (easily) whether to bring the left headlamp up or bring the right headlight down? 🤔
Old 8th November 2023, 16:14   #12632
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
How does one decide (easily) whether to bring the left headlamp up or bring the right headlight down? 🤔
When you are at position '0' in the leveler and both headlamps are now at same level, its very easy to bring them down even if they are high - just turn the leveler to the next position.

You can eyeball it this way - at 0 you should be below the imaginary side rear view mirror of the vehicle in front of you.
Old 9th November 2023, 16:25   #12633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Misaligned - Move the headlamp lever to 0, bring the left headlamp up with a screw driver so that their horizontalBe cut off lines match with the right. Now you should be all set.
Thank you for pointing out the misalignment.
I aligned it today. Can you check if this is correct?

Low beam at level 5. Vehicle around 30ft away from the wall
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_1269.jpeg

Low beam at level 0. Vehicle around 30ft away from the wall
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_1266.jpeg

Low beam with vehicle around 3ft away from the wall
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_1267.jpeg
shrinz.vivek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 16:32   #12634
Distinguished - BHPian

^ Awesome.

Enjoy safe night driving and all the best for your upcoming trip, we`d love to read a travelogue any time.
Old 12th November 2023, 15:30   #12635

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Had them installed in my garage in Bangalore. Amit from Blaze recommended a guy who does doorstep installation.
Can you share his details for doorstep installation?
Thanks.
Old 21st November 2023, 22:17   #12636
BHPian

Ok, I went through the last 10-15 pages of this thread, checked
some other threads and WhatsApp groups, and I am heavily confused.

I'm looking to upgrade the fog lights of my 2017 Fortuner. They came with yellow halogens and not LEDs like the 2018 models. Can barely see during rain and while night driving on the highway.

From whatever I have researched and understood, there are two options

- Upgrade the bulbs. A nearby shop demo'd the 4300K Maxxlink LEDs in the existing fog light setup. There was a noticeable increase in brightness. Cost Rs 8500, which seems pricey? But I'm not sure. Can get options from Osram or Aozoom if they are better from other shops.

- Switch to AES Laser Projector or Crystal Eye Fog light. Can get the lights for 11k. Will have to find a local installer here. Problem is the right side of my Fortuner's bumper is screwed in, so this is not going to be as easy.

I do not want to mess with my car's stock wiring or have to worry about the lights burning the holder or anything due to excess heat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-pxl_20231117_1251134022.jpg  

Old 23rd November 2023, 13:02   #12637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRajesh View Post

I do not want to mess with my car's stock wiring or have to worry about the lights burning the holder or anything due to excess heat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Hi,
After extensive research and guidance from this forum, I upgraded the fog lamps on my 2022 Fortuner to Aozoom 2-inch projectors. This was a seamless plug-and-play installation, requiring no wire cutting or alterations to the existing setup. I'm very satisfied with the results.
I recommend opting for projectors over merely replacing bulbs in the reflectors, as the latter often yields inconsistent results. While projectors are more expensive, I believe the investment is justified by the superior performance.

Also, Since you can go for 3 inch projectors, you have more options at competitive prices.
Old 23rd November 2023, 15:49   #12638
BHPian

Need a bit of help guys.
Intrested to install HJG Future Eyes 4 fog lights in my Kia Carens, so need to know how the installation will work ? Do we need relay and switch ?
Old 24th November 2023, 16:47   #12639
Senior - BHPian

Around 3 years back, I have upgraded my Tata Tigor's head lamp to Phillips Xtreme H1 and H11. Since these bulbs were not available locally, I had to get it from Amazon and installed it from an accessory shop.

Not sure whether I got a genuine bulb (it was written made in Germany on H11 and made in china on H1 bulb) or not, but since last couple of months I have been experiencing difficulty in driving in the night as the light throw is not powerful comparing oncoming vehicles with latest and powerful bulbs.

What do you guys think - should I go for another upgrade and if yes which one should I go for?

I am not in favour of fitting high voltage bulbs as it may drain my battery and like to keep the OEM bulb rating?
Old 25th November 2023, 09:06   #12640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Around 3 years back, I have upgraded my Tata Tigor's head lamp to Phillips Xtreme H1 and H11.

Not sure whether I got a genuine bulb (it was written made in Germany on H11 and made in china on H1 bulb) or not, but since last couple of months I have been experiencing difficulty in driving in the night as the light throw is not powerful comparing oncoming vehicles with latest and powerful bulbs.

What do you guys think - should I go for another upgrade and if yes which one should I go for?

I am not in favour of fitting high voltage bulbs as it may drain my battery and like to keep the OEM bulb rating?
Hi, please check what is the temperature of the lights - are they bluish or "cool"? If yes, you may have face challenges in visibility specially in the rains or fog as white light tends to penetrate less and may feel less powerful too.

Also wanted to share an experience from this week when one of my bulbs (Osram Night Breaker Unlimited that I had installed 3 or 4 years back) failed and I didnot want to throw the one that is working away so decided on not buying a new pair, so bought a single standard Osram Halogen for Rs 100 and replaced the fused one. I found very little difference in lux levels between the preivous and current one though the earlier one was way more expensive. It is because that the lumens level of the bulbs degenerate/ redue over its lifetime and at one point, you get prompted to change them because of the reduced lumens though they are still working.
outdoorlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 16:49   #12641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arundeepbv View Post
Hi,
After extensive research and guidance from this forum, I upgraded the fog lamps on my 2022 Fortuner to Aozoom 2-inch projectors.
Hi Arun, Please let me know from where you have sourced the lights. Also, have you used the lights in rainy/ foggy conditions. How was the performace?
Slushmaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 08:58   #12642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushmaster View Post
Hi Arun, Please let me know from where you have sourced the lights. Also, have you used the lights in rainy/ foggy conditions. How was the performace?
Hi Slushmaster,

I purchased these lights from a store located on JC Road in Bangalore. After contacting several dealers and receiving similar price quotes, I decided to visit the shop in person to examine the product before making a purchase. Fortunately, I was able to buy the lights at the same price as the quotes, but this included installation and a gesture of goodwill.

I've tested the lights in light rain and am quite satisfied with their performance. The bulbs are functioning well, and I'm pleased with their output.
arundeepbv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 02:08   #12643
BHPian

Dear all,

I am facing an issue with The Kia Seltos projector headlights in HTK plus variant. I have tried various led brands such as excelite and gnrp but none are able to form a proper throw.

Can you please recommend how to fix it or should I go.bqck to prior halogen bulbs?
Old 28th November 2023, 07:18   #12644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnsood View Post
Dear all,

I am facing an issue with The Kia Seltos projector headlights in HTK plus variant. I have tried various led brands such as excelite and gnrp but none are able to form a proper throw.

Can you please recommend how to fix it or should I go.bqck to prior halogen bulbs?
If you are trying a DIY, please ensure you align the LEDs correctly. There are many videos on YouTube regarding the same.
If you are getting it installed at an accessory shop, try a different installer.

Bravo
bravo82in is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 08:12   #12645
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnsood View Post
Dear all,

As bravo82in suggested, since you have installed LED already, try to get them aligned first. Several users have reported getting good throw and cut off with LED in stock projectors. You can try aligning it yourself and search for a good installer. If you want to try another bulb, Osram is very good and Aozoom is gaining popularity.

After my experience with HID, I will say that HID is better than LED due to the warmer temperature. BUT I wouldn't recommend tampering the stock headlights. Rather install HID projector in the fog lamp or as auxiliary lamps. Multiple installers have achieved this successfully. Advantages of this setup is that you can use the extra light when required and can continue with stock headlights (however weak they maybe) if the HIDs ever fail.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks