Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2011, 13:44   #5131
BANNED

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Oh man! I hope you have an extra set of lights installed in front for such emergencies. Something about your wiring/relay may be substandard. Did you use a Roots kit or Hella or an unbranded product? Try an expensive relay this time around and find a good auto electricals mechanic.

--Ragul
Old 9th June 2011, 14:04   #5132
Distinguished - BHPian

has anybody used morimoto projectors here?
h7 kit is coming to about $145 on the site.

EDIT:im referring to the mini ones, which apparently just go into the headlamps(after opening, of course), and dont need the reflectors to be surgically operated upon.

Last edited by mayankk : 9th June 2011 at 14:12.
Old 9th June 2011, 14:17   #5133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Guys I am looking for a good lighting system for my Optra Magnum. About an year and half back I installed the Phillips 110/100 with new wiring and relay, however these bulbs never lasted beyond a month. and Many of them conked off on highway night driving when highbeam is used frequently. Then I also tried 90/100 but no luck. I must have changed at least 10+ pairs so far. Finally I am running on stock bulbs, but light is very poor. Now One of the mech is recommeding that I should Go with Phillips 110/100 again but should changes the complete wiring and relay.
Why not try Philips x-tremePower? It's a stock 55/60w rated bulb but claims to produce about 80% more light than an ordinary 55/60w bulb. I have seen some reviews on websites which mention about 50% increase in the light output. Beware though, it's very costly, supposedly more than 1K for a pair.

Changing back to stock bulbs would mean you have to get rid of the harness for the higher-wattage bulbs. Hopefully the person who installed the higher-wattage harness has retained the original wiring and holders.

Having to replace 10+ bulbs in such a short period is quite uncommon. I have had single bulb failures in something like once a year. Does your relay have fuses? If not, try using Hella or similar wiring harnesses with fuses so that your bulbs are protected.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2011, 14:40   #5134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Why not try Philips x-tremePower? It's a stock 55/60w rated bulb but claims to produce about 80% more light than an ordinary 55/60w bulb. I have seen some reviews on websites which mention about 50% increase in the light output. Beware though, it's very costly, supposedly more than 1K for a pair.

Changing back to stock bulbs would mean you have to get rid of the harness for the higher-wattage bulbs. Hopefully the person who installed the higher-wattage harness has retained the original wiring and holders.

Having to replace 10+ bulbs in such a short period is quite uncommon. I have had single bulb failures in something like once a year. Does your relay have fuses? If not, try using Hella or similar wiring harnesses with fuses so that your bulbs are protected.
Thanks man, need to check that this weekend.
Old 9th June 2011, 15:10   #5135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Naveen, Can you please direct me to the exact post you are refering to?
You can check this post and the whole page for few discussions on this.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2382899
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2011, 19:48   #5136
BHPian

Since about a month or two, I have been looking for a replacement of bulbs for my Fabia. I am more or less convinced to go for the Osram NBP (H4), as there is no need of any extra fittings/ modifications etc. The only problem is they are still not available in my terrain!
But today, I once again received a call from Mr.Vijay Nair, company official, saying the consignment is stuck in the transport due to the ongoing strike in Kolhapur region & I could most probably get the bulbs within the next 2-3 days. That's really a good news for all those who are waiting here especially for the Osram NBP!
But before going for the deal, I would like to have a 'final word' from our fellow members regarding the replacement.
Is it worth going for NBP (H4)? Do share your views..
Old 9th June 2011, 23:56   #5137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Vikas View Post
I have used Osram NB for quite some night drives and would rate it excellent any day. The only negative I found with the bulbs are its expensive @ 1300/-. But those served me for 1 year and it was totally worth it. Going by that experience, NBP should be 1 step ahead.

By the way, whats the price quoted for a pair?
Old 10th June 2011, 00:25   #5138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I have used Osram NB for quite some night drives and would rate it excellent any day. The only negative I found with the bulbs are its expensive @ 1300/-. But those served me for 1 year and it was totally worth it. Going by that experience, NBP should be 1 step ahead.

By the way, whats the price quoted for a pair?
Thanks for the reply.
The price is not yet revealed when I asked Mr.Nair on phone. He just assured me not to worry about the cost at all! I have given the reference of this thread quoting the prices paid by BHPians in the south.
Anyways, looking to have some really 'good' deal.. updating about the same soon..
Old 10th June 2011, 09:52   #5139
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks man, need to check that this weekend.
Hi, I would suggest you to check for the Osram Night Breaker Plus (H4) also. They have the same specs as that of Philips X-treme Power & seem to be even more effective as per the experience of many of our fellow BHPians. By now they are available readily at Mumbai dealership.
Giving the mail from 'Osram' for reference & contacts-

Dear Vikasji,

As had telephonic discussion with you regarding the Night Breaker plus
H4 Lamps for your New Skoda Fabia.

As required by you, kindly find the distributor for western Maharashtra
M/S Prakash and co, ph 0231-2668447 (Mr. Prabhu) and in Mumbai M/s
Pradish Automobiles, Ph 022-30025037 (Mr. Vaibhav).

Kindly revert back for any further clarifications.

Regards,
Vijay Nair, SP AM AFTM
Osram India Pvt Ltd Mumbai.
Tel: 91 22 67252150 Fax: 91 22 67254565 Cell: 91 9987564934

For your query regarding the place in Pune for such replacements, I would suggest you to contact Mr.Vikas Bhandari at 'Carax'. They have Auto lighting solutions like HID/ Projectors etc. You may ask for some discounts there & might get also.
Regards,
Old 10th June 2011, 11:20   #5140
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I would suggest you to check for the Osram Night Breaker Plus (H4) also. They have the same specs as that of Philips X-treme Power & seem to be even more effective as per the experience of many of our fellow BHPians. By now they are available readily at Mumbai dealership.
Giving the mail from 'Osram' for reference & contacts-

Dear Vikasji,

As had telephonic discussion with you regarding the Night Breaker plus
H4 Lamps for your New Skoda Fabia.

As required by you, kindly find the distributor for western Maharashtra
M/S Prakash and co, ph 0231-2668447 (Mr. Prabhu) and in Mumbai M/s
Pradish Automobiles, Ph 022-30025037 (Mr. Vaibhav).

Kindly revert back for any further clarifications.

Regards,
Vijay Nair, SP AM AFTM
Osram India Pvt Ltd Mumbai.
Tel: 91 22 67252150 Fax: 91 22 67254565 Cell: 91 9987564934

For your query regarding the place in Pune for such replacements, I would suggest you to contact Mr.Vikas Bhandari at 'Carax'. They have Auto lighting solutions like HID/ Projectors etc. You may ask for some discounts there & might get also.
Regards,
Well I didnt klnow about Carax, looks to be good. Will Visit them today itself. Many Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 11:47   #5141
BHPian

Quote:
Well I didnt klnow about Carax, looks to be good. Will Visit them today itself. Many Thanks

Carax (aka Bhakti cars) is located on By pass road, Opp. Hotel Sadanand resorts, Near Hotel Radha. (Baner).
Ph-02027390666, 02065106191.
Cell- 09833252197.
Have a nice time!
Dr.Vikas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 18:49   #5142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Go for it. I sport them on my i20 and I am loving the spread/throw etc!
Old 10th June 2011, 19:53   #5143
BHPian

Just check out the 100/90 H4 bulb by a company called Halonix. Or the 100/55 by Hella. If you want to see farther you need brute force(number of photons) and any perked up bulb like Philips Xtreme and NBP is not going to be worth the cost you spend on them. I have tried quite a few and finally settled for HID from philips but take it from me they are not worth the cost you spend on them including the HID I have in my car.

Its best to go for the HELLA 100/55 bulb.

Phoenixlamps: Automotive H4

Susquehanna MotorSports - Auto Performance Product
Old 10th June 2011, 21:00   #5144
BHPian

For those who have the 9012/9006 receptacle there is nothing to touch this bulb by Philips. Read the lumen output and be astonished as it nearly equals 35 watt HID bulbs. When you consider the life and the cost and the lumen output they are just absolute value for money and no present day filament technology comes close.

Susquehanna MotorSports - Auto Performance Product
Old 11th June 2011, 21:06   #5145
BHPian

Fried headlamps - 130

My 100/130 upgrade melted both the head lamp casing. Yesterday night the relay went kaput while travelling to EKM at night and got stranded on highway.Need to replace the head lamps. Dont know what to do next.
Lesson learnt :New Ikon will not support 100/130.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0993.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0994.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0995.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks