Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2011, 10:25   #5056
Senior - BHPian

Re: Aftermarket HID headlights for Cedia

If lighting (or lack of it) is the only concern, get brighter halogens (90/100 W).
If you want the bling factor, then you have to think of projector + HIDs. I've seen some Cedias with the "fancy lights", but have no clue about their quality.
In either case, do fit a relay to avoid overloading the electricals.

HIDs are meant to be fitted in projector headlamps. If you fit them on your existing reflector HLs, the light will not be focussed properly and it will blind oncoming motorists too.
Old 19th May 2011, 12:43   #5057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon View Post
What is the best VFM kit (definitely don't want a Chinese make)?
Good projectors with HID's will cost above 15K.
Some are Morimoto, FX, Hella, Philips(are they still manufacturing HID's) etc

Quote:
Is it better to continue with stock headlights and add new lights where the slots for fog lamp are?
Best option if you want to continue with the stock headlights are get a 100/90 bulbs along with wiring kit+ relay (approx cost 1K ~1.5K )
Else you can get the Hella DE mini projectors as fog lamps (Cost 5.5K)
Quote:
Add 1 Hella? I don't know where though as I don't favour bull bars.

Any other option?
I have seen some Cedias fitted with Hella fog lamps (hella 3003, 4000 series.. cost approx 7K + ) they were not fitted with bull bars, fitted near the front grill, without any vibrations when the car is moving
Quote:
Reason I want to get better lights is for night highway drives. The lights are well suited for city driving. In fact I probably wouldn't need high intensity lights in the city.
Remember if you are going with HID's, get the colour in 4300K (as same as the halogen ones) or 5000K, anything above this is just mere waste on light throw during fog n rain. It would be just bling bling without an purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
If budget isnt a great issue you can try to install projectors with HID's. I would recommend HID's on stock headlights.
I'm sure you meant ' I wouldn't recommend HID's on stock headlights'.
If HID's are fitted in a stock headlights without proper focus n alignment, I'm sure one would blind the oncoming vehicle driver coz of the glare produced from the headlights.
Old 19th May 2011, 12:56   #5058
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post

I'm sure you meant ' I wouldn't recommend HID's on stock headlights'.
If HID's are fitted in a stock headlights without proper focus n alignment, I'm sure one would blind the oncoming vehicle driver coz of the glare produced from the headlights.
Oops. Thanks for correcting me. I meant "WOULDNT" recommend. My bad
Old 19th May 2011, 12:57   #5059
Distinguished - BHPian

@sushrutha: what about d2r?
they are built for installation in reflectors, arent they?
Im not disputing you, but asking as i am in the process of sourcing them ,but if they dont work too, then i'll try the projector route.
If they do, then good for me, and also good for rtandon..
Old 19th May 2011, 13:39   #5060
BHPian

So much movement!

Thank you all for your inputs. Keenly watching (figuratively speaking) @mayankk's experience.

Well my idea is to improve the lighting. Don't want to blind the other drivers - God knows how much I hate when that happens to me.
As it is, I only paid the road tax and did not commission the road.

Seems like 100/90 (+ relay and harness) will be the way to go.

@mayankk, please do let me know how your experience is. Before and after photos of the lighting would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 19th May 2011, 14:04   #5061
Distinguished - BHPian

As an off note, if its just better lighting you want, ill tell what i have done.
Ive shifted to OSRAMs for the low beam, which is slightly upward of yellow, slightly near white.
In traffic etc, its good visibility.
For the high beams i've shifted to 100/90 golden lamps(more penetration) with relay/ceramic holders.
Good for desolate stretches, and unlit roads.
Philips regular h11s in the fog.
that makes for enough lighting, i s'pose?

but i really wanted HID's without messing up the stock condition of the headlights, hence the "d2r" research.
will definitely keep you apprised..
Old 19th May 2011, 14:37   #5062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
@sushrutha: what about d2r?
they are built for installation in reflectors, arent they?
Im not disputing you, but asking as i am in the process of sourcing them ,
Frankly speaking I don't have much knowledge about D2R burners.
The only thing I know about these burners are they are very much efficient(less consumption of energy & produce more light), not too expensive either.
I havent seen anybody using it here.

Yes they are built for the refletors as well as replacement HID bulbs for the projectors.
Old 19th May 2011, 15:13   #5063
BHPian

One of my friends had put HIDs in his car but the problem he was facing was with the focus. So if you are putting the hids then get the projectors done but that will be expensive. i would recommend going for brighter bulbs. Phillips has got a wide range , check them out.
Old 19th May 2011, 20:16   #5064
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon View Post
So much movement!

Thank you all for your inputs. Keenly watching (figuratively speaking) @mayankk's experience.

Well my idea is to improve the lighting. Don't want to blind the other drivers - God knows how much I hate when that happens to me.
As it is, I only paid the road tax and did not commission the road.

Seems like 100/90 (+ relay and harness) will be the way to go.

@mayankk, please do let me know how your experience is. Before and after photos of the lighting would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
I had used Osram Cool Blue (90/100w) bulbs before. It performed really well. Used it for 3 months then went in form projectors.
Old 19th May 2011, 20:23   #5065
Senior - BHPian

Hi Naveen,

Is OSRAM Cool Blue a white light or the normal coloured one as i do not wish to have a white light as it is blinding and also does not provide adequate vision.

Would a relay be required in the OHC Vtec if i plonk in the 100/90 OSRAM Cool Blues. Whats the cost per pair?

Many Thanks
Raj
Old 19th May 2011, 20:53   #5066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Frankly speaking I don't have much knowledge about D2R burners.
The only thing I know about these burners are they are very much efficient(less consumption of energy & produce more light), not too expensive either.
I havent seen anybody using it here.

Yes they are built for the refletors as well as replacement HID bulbs for the projectors.
D2R and D2S bulbs are for factory HID installed bulbs. D2R bulbs were originally designed for Mercedes-Benz. Consequently, D2R bulbs and D2S bulbs (used initially by BMW) feature subtle differences at the base of the bulb for fitment purposes.

Yes, D2R is designed for reflectors and it will reduce the glares to an extent as its got shield but you cant simply plonk to a H4 specific HL as its specifically designed for D2R HL Some how if you have managed to do so, it surely will scatter the glares like any other non standard fitment or even worse. And thats the reason none of us havent seen it as aftermarket fitment.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-d2rhid35w_bulb.jpg

D series are always expensive as its known for its quality and performance. One of our fellow Bhpian is selling D2S in the classifieds for 2.5K for a bulb alone.
sajjt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2011, 11:37   #5067
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Hi Naveen,

Is OSRAM Cool Blue a white light or the normal coloured one as i do not wish to have a white light as it is blinding and also does not provide adequate vision.

Would a relay be required in the OHC Vtec if i plonk in the 100/90 OSRAM Cool Blues. Whats the cost per pair?

Many Thanks
Raj
It's not pure white light. There's a tinge of white light. It provided good visibility though.

Think you will have to go for the relay. I had got one installed when I went for these bulbs. It came around 1.5k for the entire setup.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2011, 20:13   #5068
BHPian

Re: Aftermarket projector headlights for polo

I saw the following projector headlamp kits for the golf on a australian website which seem to be a correct match for the current polo here in india. But they are quoting 799 AUD for it. Anybody anything similar and less expensive?

DAY-Time LED DRL & CCFL Angel Eyes Projector Head Lights for VolksWagon Golf VI 09-11
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-golfvilachbs.jpg

DAY-Time LED DRL Projector Head Lights for VolksWagon Golf VI 09-11
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-golfvilhs.jpg
Old 24th May 2011, 08:53   #5069
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-katz View Post
I saw the following projector headlamp kits for the golf on a australian website which seem to be a correct match for the current polo here in india. But they are quoting 799 AUD for it. Anybody anything similar and less expensive?
Currently there are no readymade kits for polo/vento available in India. The best option would be to get a bolt on projectors and fix it onto the existing headlight assembly. But wont have the finish of the ones you had attached.

As far as I know, these readymade projectors will cost around 20k min.
Old 24th May 2011, 12:16   #5070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-katz View Post
Have you checked with FC-unit? They have good range of projector headlights. Polo is not listed with their site, still you can contact them for the availability.

Naveen is right, bolt on HL assy with projectors will be around 20-25K range depends on the brand you choose, where if you can source retrofit type projectors then the cost will be coming down to 10-15K max. The only downside is its a time consuming job in head lamp leveling and aligning the beam spread.

Here's FC-unit link:
http://www.fcunit.com/

And the contact:
[SIZE=5]Fc-Unit [/SIZE]
Booking & Demmo office
Wz/4a ; Mukherji park
Tikak nagar
New Delhi -110018
( opp Tilak nagar police station )
E-mail : [COLOR=#0066cc]pwrdbyfc@gmail.com[/COLOR]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com