Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2011, 15:23   #4951
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Any specific recommendations for a 80W bulb? I don't want to go for something as high as 100 for my Lo beams. High is already running on 100W.
Old 21st April 2011, 15:30   #4952
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Any specific recommendations for a 80W bulb? I don't want to go for something as high as 100 for my Lo beams. High is already running on 100W.
You have diamond, crystal and silver vision from Philips. Am not sure which is the best. Hope others can help you out on this.
Since you already have 100w bulbs, you can stick with 80w.
Old 21st April 2011, 17:16   #4953
Senior - BHPian

I wanted to upgrade the fog lamps in my i20 to something which is much brighter and has a lil' whitish shade!

Current bulbs are equivalent to 2 lanterns on the front bumper lol

It currently H27 Halogen lamps!

What are my options starting from a simple bulb change to a projector setup in there?

Here's a illustration of i20's fog lamp
(Took the pic from google image search! this is not my car. Credits to the original photographer)

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-exteriofog-g.jpg
Old 21st April 2011, 18:02   #4954
Senior - BHPian

The philips crystal vision (supposedly 4300k) and Diamond vision (5000k) come with the parking lights that are blue in color but throws a whitish light.

I found the Crystal vision USELESS! and I can say Diamond vision is only going to be MORE useless. The wall of white (in case of crystal) and a whiter - close to bluish light with Diamond may look all bling but sure doesn't light up the road as claimed - or - they must be fake look alikes!

On the other hand Osram Night breakers are much much better in performance. It sure gives a BRIGHT OE colored beam and the high beam - Amazing throw as far as distance is concerned. I would any day vouch for Osram stuff. probably I am biased
Old 21st April 2011, 21:19   #4955
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
I wanted to upgrade the fog lamps in my i20 to something which is much brighter and has a lil' whitish shade!

Current bulbs are equivalent to 2 lanterns on the front bumper lol

It currently H27 Halogen lamps!

What are my options starting from a simple bulb change to a projector setup in there?

Here's a illustration of i20's fog lamp
(Took the pic from google image search! this is not my car. Credits to the original photographer)

Attachment 533974
Projector setup is possible but need proper installation. Needs to be water proof. Another option is to fit Volvo headlight units.These fit perfectly onto Swift. My friend got that installed with Philips 80/90w. They will come around 7k approx. Go for 6000k bulbs for white output but please remember visibility decreases as the color temp goes up.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2011, 21:52   #4956
BHPian

All the "Visions" from Philips are more of bling bling effect rather than more usable light on the road !

Best option - switch to HID's - worth every rupee spent !
I almost completed 2 years & 17,000 kms on my HID upgrade on my Swift & boy, was it worth it ! It has made my outings on the lunar landscape roads of Blore so much more safer !

That too, running on the stock reflectors Little scattering but nothing to worry.

Suhail - Philips has different versions of Crystal vision bulbs which emits a whitish light ! I have a pair in my Swift fogs. It is the same H type as the original but 55W compared to the stock 35W. Check on the Philips website for authorised distributors in Delhi & contact them ! You can call the company reps too.
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2011, 23:27   #4957
Senior - BHPian

Yea! Thanks guys will check out the bulb options!

Biggest hassle is, to access the fog lamps I'll have to dismount the bumper which requires quite a bit of hand dirtying and stuff! :(

Thanks Nirmal, I know a guy selling philips H27 bulbs, will check with him!

@ others

I was also looking for changing my stock brake light bulb(1157) to a 3 or 5 wing(flap) LED one. Will there be any issues with that? cuz the present bulb is a dual filament one and goes bright on braking. Will LED behave like that?

Thanks
Old 21st April 2011, 23:56   #4958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post

Best option - switch to HID's - worth every rupee spent !
I almost completed 2 years & 17,000 kms on my HID upgrade on my Swift & boy, was it worth it ! It has made my outings on the lunar landscape roads of Blore so much more safer !
Just HID's without projectors?
Old 22nd April 2011, 01:26   #4959
BHPian

Guys i recently bought a Ford Fiesta and i would really like too know if i can replace the stock lights to stronger bulbs if yes which bulbs and for how much??
Old 22nd April 2011, 09:57   #4960
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Guys i recently bought a Ford Fiesta and i would really like too know if i can replace the stock lights to stronger bulbs if yes which bulbs and for how much??
The best bet would be 90/100w bulbs. I had previously used Osram Cool Blue on my Swift and it performed really well. When using higher rated bulbs, make sure you use branded products only. The kit will have a relay, wiring kit, ceramic holder and bulbs. Higher rated bulbs will cost around 1.5k.
Old 22nd April 2011, 10:51   #4961
BHPian

I got the Diamond Visions on yesterday evening. First impression: Better than stock Esteem Lights in dark. The low beam seems to have slightly longer throw but in lightened up surroundings seems to get subdued. Time and again you tend to think whether the headlights are on or not. High beam is pretty impressive. Looking forward to test them on highway during weekend.

Thanks for the inputs everybody.
Old 22nd April 2011, 12:47   #4962
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tathagata View Post
I got the Diamond Visions on yesterday evening. First impression: Better than stock Esteem Lights in dark. The low beam seems to have slightly longer throw but in lightened up surroundings seems to get subdued. Time and again you tend to think whether the headlights are on or not. High beam is pretty impressive. Looking forward to test them on highway during weekend.

Thanks for the inputs everybody.
Glad to hear that you are liking it. Now please post the pics so that others can clear their doubts.
Enjoy your new eyes.!
Old 22nd April 2011, 13:05   #4963
BHPian

It was raining cats & dogs in Kolkata last night hence could not take the pics. Will upload the same by today evening for sure.
Old 22nd April 2011, 17:08   #4964
BHPian

hey guys.
i own a skoda fabia(elegance)& i am completely unsatisfied with the headlight (it has a stock projector setup).i need something which gives me more visibility on the road. i being a complete noob about headlights please suggest my options. it has only one projector not like octavia which has projector for low beam and reflector for high.

(the photo is not of my car and is picked from google.THough it has the same headlight setup)
Old 23rd April 2011, 10:52   #4965
BHPian

Here are the upgraded light Pics.

In order of sequence:
  1. Parking Light On
  2. Low Beam On
  3. Low Beam Throw
  4. High Beam On
  5. High Beam Throw
  6. Overall
  7. Parking Light Pack
  8. Main Light Pack
Throw has been captured for a very short distance though due to surrounding limitations. Hope this helps others to have some idea.

Tathagata
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-00_parkinglights.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-0_headlights.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-01_parking_light.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-02_low_beam.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-03_low_beam_throw.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-04_high_beam.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-05_high_beam_throw.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-06_overall.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks