Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2010, 09:50   #4201
BHPian

Guys, I recently bought Hella Rallye 3003 (Rallye 3003 | Hella KGaA Hueck & Co.) Off road headlights and Hella comet 550 for my gypsy.

3003 has H1 55W bulbs and 550 has H4 in it. Im not at all satisfied with the performance of it.
What will be a better upgrade to these lamps? I wanted white light (i have Zero idea about what it is called as etc)

PS: Better wiring, relay already installed, so load will not be a problem.

Kindly suggest what bulb i can go for as i will not be using it on road.
Old 30th August 2010, 21:50   #4202
BHPian

hi check this out. Team-BHP Classifieds - CLEARENCE SALE !!! H4 HID KITS AT THROWAWAY PRICE ( LAST CHANCE ) - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds is this worth to spend money on this one posted on team bhp site or go for 90/100 bulp.
Old 31st August 2010, 00:21   #4203
BHPian

^
It says it's not chinese, So ask for the Brand and try google-ing and get some reviews about it and then decide upon that.
Old 31st August 2010, 01:25   #4204
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvc_4125 View Post
hi check this out. Team-BHP Classifieds - CLEARENCE SALE !!! H4 HID KITS AT THROWAWAY PRICE ( LAST CHANCE ) - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds is this worth to spend money on this one posted on team bhp site or go for 90/100 bulp.
These definitely make more sense since they will be brighter than a 100/90w and produce much less heat. Also the life of the HIDs depending on your luck will be much more
Old 31st August 2010, 10:01   #4205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvc_4125 View Post
Check the brand and try to get more details and reviews of that particular brand. Then decide on it.
Old 31st August 2010, 10:36   #4206
BHPian

Is the same HID ballast/kit can be used for different K bulbs (3200/4300/6000)

Also do we need to have HID bulb and kit from the same manufacturer?
Old 31st August 2010, 14:16   #4207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post

CT doesn't makes any difference in ballasts its the power rating of the HID bulb and the ballast. You can use any CT HID bulb with the same power rated ballast. But its better to use the same manufacturers components for the reliability.
Old 31st August 2010, 15:10   #4208
BHPian

sajjt, Thanks.
Anybody knows shops dealing with LightForce in Cochin.. or if we source the LF driving lights, does any shop will do the job of Fixing them there. (looking for my NHC)
Old 31st August 2010, 15:57   #4209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

You can use different kits. But as Saj had mentioned, it's always better to go for the same complete kit.

Quote:
sajjt, Thanks.
Anybody knows shops dealing with LightForce in Cochin.. or if we source the LF driving lights, does any shop will do the job of Fixing them there. (looking for my NHC)
You can try Emperor. They have such kind of products.
Old 31st August 2010, 16:25   #4210
BHPian

My Palio's headlamps have H1 55W Philips bulbs. Can I upgrade to 90/100 without any additional wiring, etc.?
Old 31st August 2010, 16:39   #4211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
My Palio's headlamps have H1 55W Philips bulbs. Can I upgrade to 90/100 without any additional wiring, etc.?
Yes.. but expect your H1 Holders to melt down within a span of 6 to 9 months!

Palio does have a better relay circuit, but it is always a good practice to use additional relay if you upgrade to higher wattage bulbs, it is to be on the safer side. On a dark highway road, if your factory fit relay konks off, you are doomed. But if you have an aftermarket relay that konks off, you still have an option to switch over and use factory relay.

I would say, upgrade your bulbs & relay, also keep your old bulbs handy in the vehicle (you never know when you ll need it).
Old 31st August 2010, 17:00   #4212
BHPian

Thanks Krishna.

Sorry to bother with some more noobie questions:
Can you indicate an app cost for the bulbs and relay?
There are four bubls in total (2 for normal and 2 for high beam). Do I need four relays?
If we assume I upgrade without a relay, when the 90/100 bulb holder melts down on highway, can I just replace the bulb and start driving?
Old 31st August 2010, 17:42   #4213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Krishna.

Sorry to bother with some more noobie questions:
Can you indicate an app cost for the bulbs and relay?
There are four bubls in total (2 for normal and 2 for high beam). Do I need four relays?
If we assume I upgrade without a relay, when the 90/100 bulb holder melts down on highway, can I just replace the bulb and start driving?
Nathan. Guess you would need 2 relays.

If you use higher rated bulbs bulbs without relays, you just cant replace the bulbs (it depends). Sometimes, the whole wiring gets affected and your car will be .

The complete kit will come around 1.5 to 2k since you would need 4 bulbs.
But, you dont have to go for higher rated bulbs on all 4. Since we use low beams all the time, go for higher rated on low and keep the stock bulbs on high. This is the recommended setup. Going for high on all 4 will drain your battery.

Else, you can go in for HID's which will be expensive.
Old 31st August 2010, 18:19   #4214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post
Palio does have a better relay circuit, but it is always a good practice to use additional relay if you upgrade to higher wattage bulbs, it is to be on the safer side. On a dark highway road, if your factory fit relay konks off, you are doomed. But if you have an aftermarket relay that konks off, you still have an option to switch over and use factory relay.

I would say, upgrade your bulbs & relay, also keep your old bulbs handy in the vehicle (you never know when you ll need it).
Sir, AFAIK, You cannot have 2 relays in sequence for a HL. This will lead to one of the relays [usually the weaker ones] shorting.

Check the relay amperage and just use 1 relay for the HL Main as well as dip beams.

Quote:
Depends on your luck buddy - A proper wired car will not have issues like holder melting on the highway. Those were the good old Amby days when electricians used to join wires with a cutting pliers and tape.

Nowadays, everything is modular and hence the chances of getting stranded on the highway is rare.

Having said that, I agree that bad electrical work can lead you to that situation
Old 31st August 2010, 23:04   #4215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guess there are 80W HI that suit the Palio better than getting 90/100.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks