Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2010, 15:22   #4156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
How effective is the spread,if i install HID's on the swift's fog lights.I initially thought of going for a 100/90 set up on the headlight assembly,but decided against it as it might damage the reflectors on the long run(still a debatable issue),though i am using this set up in my 98 zen without any effect on the reflectors.

Mumbaibhpians-can anyone suggest me a shop anywhere in mumbai where i can get original philips hids.I was getting one from Parth car jewels in Milan subway for 9500rs with warranty.
help someone,anyone.
Old 22nd August 2010, 17:22   #4157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkris View Post
I just bought philips extreme power and tried to change the bulbs on my swift vdi. I managed to replace the right one but couldnt reach the left bulb. Does it need to move the batteries or remove the headlight assembly? Please help. Worst case I will have to go to the service center later to do the change.
You dont need to move the batteries. Just push the HL assembly forward for space and just replace it.
Old 22nd August 2010, 17:24   #4158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
help someone,anyone.
Why dont you install HID's onto your HL? Installing in fogs will limit the light range. There will be sufficient light only for a short range.
Am not from Mumbai so cant help you on that
Old 22nd August 2010, 18:16   #4159
BHPian

Guys, how good is HID BlaZe HID kit. Has anyone managed to install them? feedback on the same would be great. Below is the link from ebay: http://cgi.ebay.in/GENUINE-HID-KIT-B...-/330458302635

Last edited by MutantX : 22nd August 2010 at 18:17.
Old 22nd August 2010, 19:41   #4160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Did you manage to click some pics?
Sorry bro, Didn't manage any pics.

Quote:
wow,thats news for me,can you give/pm me the address of the shop where it was being sold?
http://www.xenos.co.in/index.php, their website doesn't mention anything about it though?
I know Rakesh. I immediately came home and checked their website for further details but no mention of them. I have PMed you the details.
Old 22nd August 2010, 19:52   #4161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why dont you install HID's onto your HL? Installing in fogs will limit the light range. There will be sufficient light only for a short range.
Am not from Mumbai so cant help you on that
oh,okay thanks for replying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post

I know Rakesh. I immediately came home and checked their website for further details but no mention of them. I have PMed you the details.
got your pm,thanks for replying,will pay them a visit tomorrow.

PS- but i found this on google http://xenoslight.com/xenos_hid_bulbs.htm

Last edited by rakesh_r : 22nd August 2010 at 19:54.
Old 22nd August 2010, 21:40   #4162
BHPian

Quote:
You dont need to move the batteries. Just push the HL assembly forward for space and just replace it.
I could hardly get my hands in the space, so I dont think I can do with my hands. Probably a person with smaller hands would be able to do it. Anyway, I will have to take the car to the MASS due to alignment issue. So will get it done then.
Old 23rd August 2010, 09:37   #4163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post

Epic, I am also interested in the HID kit. While scouting around for one, I found this BlaZe brand which was quited at 4250rs at ebay. Philips and Osram were quoted at 10,500 rs and 12,500 rs respectively at a shop in Chennai (carz spa - accessories section). Can you please send me across the details for the Xenos HID kit?

Can anyone from Chennai, let me know a reliable shop from where I can get HID kit installed?
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:26   #4164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
oh,okay thanks for replying

got your pm,thanks for replying,will pay them a visit tomorrow.

PS- but i found this on google XENOS (Xenon) HID Conversion Kit, HID headlights, HID light bulbs, LED brakelights
The product in your link is not the same Xenos we are talking about here. Xenos is a brand of Pricol, the same company that makes speedometers etc for Indian cars and also the same company that makes the Xenos Car Security & Central Locking Systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Epic, I am also interested in the HID kit. While scouting around for one, I found this BlaZe brand which was quited at 4250rs at ebay. Philips and Osram were quoted at 10,500 rs and 12,500 rs respectively at a shop in Chennai (carz spa - accessories section). Can you please send me across the details for the Xenos HID kit?

Can anyone from Chennai, let me know a reliable shop from where I can get HID kit installed?
Buddy, I do not suggest purchasing such equipment from Ebay as they may not be trust worthy. Never heard of BlaZe either. It is probably some local brand so I don't reccommend it.

I am using a brand called P4 which is serving me pretty well so far and has good after sales service too. It costed me around 12k like 2 years ago. I am considering the same brand in my fogs too.
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:37   #4165
BHPian

Epic - Below are the other quotes I got:

Shop I

6900 rs - P8 Brand (1 year replacement warranty)
9000 - 9500 rs - Philips (6 months replacement warranty)

Shop II

OSRAM - 8000 rs ( 1 year replacement warranty)
Philips - 8200 rs
P8 - 6000 rs

Shop II said if I were to install projector I would need to shell out extra 5000 rs. Shop II also recommends Osram since he said that many customers arent satisfied with Philips. What is your take on this? *Thanks mate*
Old 23rd August 2010, 18:54   #4166
Senior - BHPian

Headlights of my Car need replacement.(Reason-Reflector got burnt,due to a stupid mech,who misaligned the bulb while adjusting headlamp).
I was about to get new headlamps+bulbs\HID,until i got an offer for projectors-with Angel eyes and HID(These can be fitted in old headlamps)

New Headlamps+Bulbs-5-5.5K
New Headlamps+HID-7-7.5K

Projectors with Angel eyes and HID in Old headlamp-7.5K(This seems too cheap to me,not sure as to which projectors would be used.)

I havent seen the projectors in person,but will check before taking the final call.

What do you guys recommend?
Old 23rd August 2010, 20:05   #4167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Headlights of my Car need replacement.(Reason-Reflector got burnt,due to a stupid mech,who misaligned the bulb while adjusting headlamp).
I was about to get new headlamps+bulbs\HID,until i got an offer for projectors-with Angel eyes and HID(These can be fitted in old headlamps)

New Headlamps+Bulbs-5-5.5K
New Headlamps+HID-7-7.5K

Projectors with Angel eyes and HID in Old headlamp-7.5K(This seems too cheap to me,not sure as to which projectors would be used.)

I havent seen the projectors in person,but will check before taking the final call.

What do you guys recommend?
Projectors retro fitted on the headlight would be a great option but then the quality will be a suspect. if u can try out these projectors before buying thats perfect i guess. Just see how the throw is and does it hurt the opposite side traffic

Last edited by motomaverick : 23rd August 2010 at 20:06.
Old 23rd August 2010, 21:10   #4168
BHPian

Hi Guys, my dad is comming from the US next month. I would ask him to purchase HID kit from there. Can anyone suggest the specs for i10. I would like either 4300k or 6000k, apart from that, can anyone suggest me good place/website from where I can ask him to pickup these kits.

Also, would it be possible to have a angel light assembly for i10 along with HID.
Old 23rd August 2010, 22:52   #4169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Hi Guys, my dad is comming from the US next month. I would ask him to purchase HID kit from there. Can anyone suggest the specs for i10. I would like either 4300k or 6000k, apart from that, can anyone suggest me good place/website from where I can ask him to pickup these kits.

Also, would it be possible to have a angel light assembly for i10 along with HID.
You can go for either 35w or 55w ballast (55w will have more intensity) along with 4300K color temp. This will give pure white light. 6000K tends to be slightly more bluish. Higher the color temp more bluish and then purple will be the color.

U can check out ebay or any of the car shops there in the US. Angel eyes i am not too sure.
Old 24th August 2010, 08:38   #4170
BHPian

Thanks Motomaverick. I am kinda in two minds in buying from ebay, hence is there any e-store/shop from where I can pick these up? . So I would ask my dad to look for 55w ballast at 4300K.

Guys please help me to get good deals on the HID.

Most Viewed