Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2010, 15:49   #4291
BHPian

Folks, I'm planning to switch from stock bulbs to something brighter but fully compatible (same spec as OEM) for my Civic. Civic headlamp setup has HB4-51w/HB3-60w for Low/High-beams. I'm considering at the following. Please let me know your thoughts/suggestions. Thanx.

Ring Xenon Max
Ring Ultra Xenon
Philips X-tremePower (low-beam only)
Old 26th September 2010, 20:03   #4292
Senior - BHPian

Hey all,

I wanna change my headlight from the normal yellow ones to white ones (for Baleno). Any suggestions which brand should i go for and what is the model no for the same? I am not looking for HIDs. Same stock power or higher ones also fine.
Also would want to know if there is any problem in changing bulbs to white ones, in terms of visibility and all. My use is mainly in city and once in a blue moon on highways.

Als if i someone can give suggestions to change indicators also to white it will be great

Ps: Sorry if this query has already been posted before by anyone else also. Could not search it.
Old 26th September 2010, 20:10   #4293

Fiesta headlights

Need help with Fiesta Headlight upgrade. The stock headlights are very underpowered, and would like to change with something like 90/100.

Can anyone advice me with the details, like which bulbs, relays. Do i have to change both the bulbs (high & low beam)?
Old 27th September 2010, 09:44   #4294
BHPian

Thanks Naveen for your advice.
Old 27th September 2010, 10:01   #4295
BHPian

Upgraded the wiring in my swift this weekend, was using Osram Night Breakers 60/55 earlier. Now upgraded to Halonix Xenon Blue - 90/100 now. Light output is atleast 25% more with a higher throw.

Here is a breakup -
Relay and Wiring Kit - Minda (Rs 400)
Bulbs - Halonix - Xenon Blue 90/100 - Rs 150 each (Rs 300)
----
Total - 700/-

Install - DIY - Actually you don't need a installer/electrician to do the install - the instructions and wiring diagram is there with the kit and it's more like plug and play. However replacing the bulbs was a tough thing to do because of the tight spaces in a Swift (esp - the left headlight).

Saw many wiring and relay kits - Interface, Lumax, Minda and a couple of others - chose Minda since the build quality was at par with the others infact better than a few (with full plastic tubing and heat shrinks) and the holders were ceramic (which means I did not had to worry about the problems related to higher temperatures and holder meltdown)

Choice of bulbs was between phillips rally 90/100 and halonix 90/100. Both at 150 each. Chose halonix - since they were of albeit of a higher color temp (4300 K) compared to Phillips.

I've heard about bulbs fusing due to some incorrect grounding issues - will keep an eye on and if something goes wrong will post here...
Old 27th September 2010, 10:33   #4296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda_Power View Post
@ Naveen: Thanks for your help bro.
That would be great if we could source it from Cochin.
Checked with Satya from Evo. Told my requirement. He told
he will get back to me next week regarding the same. He seems
to be a nice chap. Anyways will let you know.

Will keep trying from my end. If you get to know any sources,
please let me know. I guess there are many Bhpians from Cochin.
Do you know anyone whom we can check with?

I agree with you that the quality and life of the LED's matter the most.
I don't want the stuff to break in no time after so much of struggle to install
one. Hopefully i should have one soon.

Cheers,
Regards,
Tat's fine mate. I shall do it from my end. Just give me a couple of weeks since am coming to blore this weekend. I will check when am back home.

Yes, there are many cochin bhpians, but only a handful tat are really active in the forum. Anyways, will do my best and keep you updated. you too let me know the status.

Cheers.!
Old 27th September 2010, 10:41   #4297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
Hey all,

I wanna change my headlight from the normal yellow ones to white ones (for Baleno). Any suggestions which brand should i go for and what is the model no for the same? I am not looking for HIDs. Same stock power or higher ones also fine.
Also would want to know if there is any problem in changing bulbs to white ones, in terms of visibility and all. My use is mainly in city and once in a blue moon on highways.

Als if i someone can give suggestions to change indicators also to white it will be great

Ps: Sorry if this query has already been posted before by anyone else also. Could not search it.
Hi. Many have asked this before. Here's what I think.
You can go for higher rated bulbs or stick with stock wattage. But, the pure light effect wont be possible for normal bulbs. For this you will need HID's. I had used these kinda bulbs before. Although they look different than normal stock bulbs, these will not be pure white. Just a tinge of a blue shade to it.

Regarding visibility, white light offers less visibility. But since this isnt pure white, it should be safe for you to buy.

There are many options available. You can stay with stock wattage, but there will be only a slight improvement.
For something different, you can go for higher rated bulbs, 90/100w. Please go for branded kits only which includes bulbs, wires, relay and ceramic holders. Philips should be the best bet.

HID's would have been the best option. But since you are not looking for it, you can go for the other option.

You can easily get white side blinkers now in all major shops.

Cheers.!
Old 27th September 2010, 10:47   #4298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapai View Post
Need help with Fiesta Headlight upgrade. The stock headlights are very underpowered, and would like to change with something like 90/100.

Can anyone advice me with the details, like which bulbs, relays. Do i have to change both the bulbs (high & low beam)?
You can go in for changing just the low beams.
Check out Philips. Make sure you go for the branded kit only. The kit includes bulbs, wires, relay, ceramic holder. If you compromise on any of these components, it will affect the complete set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Thanks Naveen for your advice.
Anytime mate.!
Old 27th September 2010, 11:15   #4299

[quote=naveen.raju;2084739]You can go in for changing just the low beams.
Check out Philips. Make sure you go for the branded kit only. The kit includes bulbs, wires, relay, ceramic holder. If you compromise on any of these components, it will affect the complete set.

Do Philips come with single filament for low beam? Can i connect one relay to both if i replace both the bulbs?
Old 27th September 2010, 14:24   #4300
Distinguished - BHPian

[quote=Mapai;2084785]
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
You can go in for changing just the low beams.

Do Philips come with single filament for low beam? Can i connect one relay to both if i replace both the bulbs?
Yes, they do come with single filament bulbs and can connect to one relay. Kindly confirm this cos am not sure on it.

Cheers.!
Old 27th September 2010, 14:32   #4301
BHPian

@Naveen. Sure thing. Will keep you posted.
Would have been nice, had we found one by now in cochin
and you could have dropped it while coming to Bangalore.

By the way, checked with Dave from Nightzconcepts. He says he
can make one and source it but it will be expensive but quality is
assured.
He currently has a kit with metal frame bar and the flasher but
i explained his requirement. I am yet to hear from him.

In the mean while, sprocket guy told me that if he finds one, it will
be a Taiwan make but he cannot assure on the quality and since its
placed on the chassis, it needs to be taken care . But i want it any
cost.
Old 27th September 2010, 17:00   #4302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda_Power View Post
@Naveen. Sure thing. Will keep you posted.
Would have been nice, had we found one by now in cochin
and you could have dropped it while coming to Bangalore.

By the way, checked with Dave from Nightzconcepts. He says he
can make one and source it but it will be expensive but quality is
assured.
He currently has a kit with metal frame bar and the flasher but
i explained his requirement. I am yet to hear from him.

In the mean while, sprocket guy told me that if he finds one, it will
be a Taiwan make but he cannot assure on the quality and since its
placed on the chassis, it needs to be taken care . But i want it any
cost.
Ya. i know. Nightzconcepts have really good products but it's very expensive. They have N number of products. Wish they had their price cheaper.
Ask the sprocket guy to show some pics so that you can get to see the quality.

Cheers.!
Old 27th September 2010, 19:25   #4303
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have got some clarity on lighting after reading this forum, had a specific question though.

I am planning to upgrade to angel eyes on my swift, don't want to go for HID's right now so what are my best options within budget of for lights only 2-3k (excluded of angel eyes kit).

Please suggest.
Old 27th September 2010, 19:53   #4304

Hi Guys,

Need a little help, I've been running Philips Rally H4 90/100 Watt bulbs on my Baleno and I just blew one (Seems to have burnt out. No issues though, ran for 4 years!).

Any idea where I can get a replacement pair? I live in Powai, Mumbai.

Cheers
Old 28th September 2010, 09:20   #4305
BHPian

@ Naveen.raju could you please post photograph of lighting kits.
I am confused about the ceramic holder part, is it something on the light compatment box that has to be replaced or just the connecting wire joint to push into bulbs backsid.
I am thinking of upgrading for my old Wagon R, saw only Osram & Philips bulb in my place and seperate Hella relay, does Philips have a full bulb, wire, relay, ceremic holder kit.
And would a 90/100 upgrade be all right on a Wagon r?
Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks