Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2010, 19:24   #4441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkishore_77 View Post
You can try Car Fittings in Double Road. I had my Lightforce installed there sometimes back. Take a left after the HDFC bank if you are coming from Lalbagh gate towards the double road flyover. His name is Basha. He charges 1400 /-. He was impressed with the wiring harness that came with the light force. He said he usually makes the wiring harness if the customer does not get one.

The fabrications and the whole fitting will not take more than 3 hours.
BTW, I believe Hellas come with the nuts and clamps. Can't these be fitted straightaway. Will fabrication be required if these are to be fitted on an SX4?
Old 19th October 2010, 21:16   #4442
BHPian

Thanks bkishore for info about Car Fittings..

@canonguy, Clamps will not be there in the pack.
Old 20th October 2010, 12:00   #4443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Hi,
I have a Honda City ZX and I have not modified the headlights so far. This vacation I am going for a long drive and would like to upgrade the headlights. I have no clue in this matter. Suggestions are welcome about which brand to upgrade , what type , what is the approx cost.
I am more interested in function rather than showing off and blinding the vehicle coming from the opposite side. Waiting to hear from fellow-BHPians.
I did an upgrade on my brothers City Zx 2 weeks back at bangalore when he came for a visit. He was impressed with my OHC's light and asked me to do the same for his Zx .

Changed the wiring harness brand Super cost Rs 450 and bulb Philips 90/100 (cost Rs 140 x 2) vikas Auto at JC Road.
Fixing was done by a near by electrician arranged by vikas guys but they charged an enormous amount Rs 300. He did the job in 15 mins just in front of me .

We are happy with the performance but need to re align the focusing ,the light has more spread now but it is not focusing on the road. I am not sure about the quality of Super wiring harness , but the shop keeper said they are the OEM manufactures for Hella & Roots not sure . Made in Coimbatore

But i have the same in my OHC it was upgraded before i bought it last year. There is no issues till now . So I said ok for Super wiring harness and due to lack of time .
Old 20th October 2010, 17:29   #4444
Senior - BHPian

Better lights for the Palio Adventure

Couple of years back had got the 90/100 done but offlate its very difficult to drive at night and these lights dissapear in darkness:( adding to the misery this weekend it started to rain and it made it worse...

Any tried and tested formula on Palio lights?
Old 22nd October 2010, 14:08   #4445
BHPian

Hi lighting Gurus,

I would like to upgrade my Linea's stock bulbs. is it advisable to do? if so, Philips 90/100 is ok? Projector is available for Linea?

Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd October 2010, 15:32   #4446
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinesh View Post
Hi lighting Gurus,

I would like to upgrade my Linea's stock bulbs. is it advisable to do? if so, Philips 90/100 is ok? Projector is available for Linea?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, you can upgrade it. If you are planning for higher wattage bulbs make sure you use ONLY BRANDED kits. This includes bulbs, wires, ceramic holders and relays.
There are no aftermarket projector kits availble for Linea yet. You can retro fit projectors onto the existing headlights but that will be expensive and you need to have a very skilled mechanic for that.

Else, you can check out HID's but these are expensive and I generally dont recommend HIDs on stock headlights. HID's are meant to be used with projectors.

CHeers
Naveen
Old 22nd October 2010, 16:10   #4447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Couple of years back had got the 90/100 done but offlate its very difficult to drive at night and these lights dissapear in darkness:( adding to the misery this weekend it started to rain and it made it worse...

Any tried and tested formula on Palio lights?
What is your light configuration right now?

Also, do you have fog lamps in the bumper?
Old 22nd October 2010, 16:41   #4448
Senior - BHPian

Praful, as mentioned had got 90/100 couple of years back i think the bulbs are "bosch", yes have the stock fogs on the bullbar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
What is your light configuration right now?

Also, do you have fog lamps in the bumper?
Old 22nd October 2010, 17:00   #4449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Praful, as mentioned had got 90/100 couple of years back i think the bulbs are "bosch", yes have the stock fogs on the bullbar.
I wasn't clear if both Hi/Lo beams are running a 90/100 setup?

Are your headlamp reflectors and glass in a 'clear' state even now or has some amount of fogging crept in due to the 90/100 bulbs?

For the main bulbs you are already running bright setup. The next only options are HID (trouble for oncoming vehicles) and a 130/100 setup (reflector melting stuff!).

For your fog lamps you can consider a 3000K HID setup. I'm going to do the same pretty soon with the winters coming in this year.
Old 23rd October 2010, 12:47   #4450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinesh View Post
Hi lighting Gurus,

Thanks in advance.
Contact TRS for more details.
The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications
Old 23rd October 2010, 14:52   #4451
Senior - BHPian

Saw this on ebay: Claimed brightness of 1500 Lumens (near "head light brightness"). Has anybody tried this? How is the light output?
LED ( HID ) 1500Lm 12V Spot Light for Motor Bike/Car - eBay (item 260678838483 end time Oct-23-10 06:00:57 PDT)

LED ( HID ) 1500Lm 12V Spot Light for Motor Bike/Car
US $81.00 1500Lm High Power LED's Bike Spotlight Incorporates a cluster of 3 high-powered LED's to achieve a retina searing output of 1500 lumens
Custom optics result in a beam pattern Good for Electric Cars, Electric Bikes, Motorcycles & Motor Cars 3 High Power Led 1500Lm Power 27W Integrated 12-18V constant current circuit board Suitable for 12V Battery System Motor Bike and Cars Reference current and voltage: 2200mA 12V
PMMA optical lens for Best focus & flawless beam Aerospace Aluminum Alloy 6061 Body. 55MM * 63MM / head diameter * length Temperature Protection : Auto Low mode at high temperature Available in either polished aluminum or black finish.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 23rd October 2010 at 14:55.
Old 23rd October 2010, 18:29   #4452
Senior - BHPian

Hi experts

I want to add light in the boot area as my Vista did not come with one.

Also how is the idea of adding lights in the 4 doors, something like Laura?

Please suggest.
Old 23rd October 2010, 19:08   #4453
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Hi experts

I want to add light in the boot area as my Vista did not come with one.

Also how is the idea of adding lights in the 4 doors, something like Laura?

Please suggest.
Good question: I have been toying with the idea of fitting theatre lighting (Skoda Superb-type) into my Aveo. Also want focused reading lights (LED etc) for all the seats.

Any reputed kits available for the same?
Old 23rd October 2010, 19:11   #4454
BHPian

QUERY

I tried installing some white lights on my car. We tried one bulb first and when I turned the high beams on, the light came on fine, but some smoke started coming out from behind the light (the bonnet was still open). I turned off the light immediately and put my old original halogens back. Any feedback?
The white light bulb was some south korean company the name of which eludes me this moment.
Old 24th October 2010, 12:45   #4455
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
QUERY

I tried installing some white lights on my car. We tried one bulb first and when I turned the high beams on, the light came on fine, but some smoke started coming out from behind the light (the bonnet was still open). I turned off the light immediately and put my old original halogens back. Any feedback?
The white light bulb was some south korean company the name of which eludes me this moment.
Few questions:

Are you using higher wattage bulbs? If so, are you using proper relays, ceramic holders and wires?

Normal stock bulbs run on 55w while the higher wattage bulbs are 90/100w. If you are using these higher rated bulbs you need to use branded kits only.

Kindly check and let me know the bulb config.

Naveen

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks