Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2009, 13:42   #2941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizoo View Post
Hi

Anyone who has done the same as I am interested in doing. I am planning to put HIDs in the fog lamps of my Accent. If anyone has done the same, please suggest which HIDs to be used?

Thanks!
Stock bulbs for the Accent fogs are H27 or 880/881 bulbs. A bit tough to come across, but you should be able to find a guy who carries a HID set for the same..
Old 8th June 2009, 15:45   #2942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTviN View Post
Well I considered both options. Philips extreem vision Vs wattage upgrade has been discussed many times on this forum. In a wattage upgrade, since you upgrade existing relays the warranty will be void on head lamp electricals and the clustor. This was confirmed by the TASS. He even told that they dont recommend upgrading to Extreem Vision becuase due to the excess heat produced, the headlamp clustor may become black. If it happens then warranty will be void on the clustor. But I took the chance and upgraded just the bulb.
Actualy the upgrade I have done, all existing wiring has remained intact the hella relay is basically a plug and play device and can be removed, the only risk taken is the excess heat which may in time blacken the reflector, i can remove the relay in just a few minutes, tass would never know, then IMO they're too oblivious to notice anyway, at least the dealer i'm with.

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th June 2009 at 20:50. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 9th June 2009, 16:29   #2943
Senior - BHPian

Guys on my recent trip to Bangalore/Mysore i have seen a lot of sedans with really huge round foglamps, it seems as if they were either fitted on the bumper or were fitted on the front grill(didn't take a close look). Can someone shed some light on this.
Old 10th June 2009, 00:19   #2944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
I second that Stefan, I too have 130/100 on my Swift, I am driving on low beams most of the time. Hey if you could PM me the place from where you picked the Hella relays, I was unable to source them.
Anshu, its avalaible at on wheels. just make sure pappu doesn't do the job.
Old 10th June 2009, 11:43   #2945
BHPian

One my friend is in need of philips rally 100/90 bulbs,bosch relays and wiring kit, he was there in jc road yesterday and was unable to get one, any shop name phone number is needed, please help guyz

Edit: This is for santro xing.

Last edited by praJEEP : 10th June 2009 at 11:46.
Old 10th June 2009, 19:34   #2946
BHPian

Comments please..

Kindly drop a few comments on this mod. I got it done free from one of the guys. It is connected on a seperate switch, and I use it when the mood is all blue... Guess you can call it mood lighting.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-rear-spk.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-rings.jpg  

Old 11th June 2009, 09:47   #2947
Senior - BHPian

It looks cool, but appears to be quite glaring - may be hurting to the driver behind your car and decrease his vision/blind him temporarily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
Kindly drop a few comments on this mod. I got it done free from one of the guys. .
Old 11th June 2009, 10:19   #2948
BHPian

Something new for me. Interesting. I guess snap is not doing justice to actual `effect`.
Does it fill the rear view mirror in nights? Good that you have a switch and can turn it off on will. Please take care of the tube when the speaker tray is also used as parcel tray.

You got nice friends, to get this as gift.

Team-BHP sticker looks cool there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
Kindly drop a few comments on this mod. I got it done free from one of the guys. It is connected on a seperate switch, and I use it when the mood is all blue... Guess you can call it mood lighting.
Old 11th June 2009, 15:33   #2949
Senior - BHPian

I'm not very happy with my U-VA lights. They're just about sufficient - especially on the highway.
I'm planning on switching over to Osram Nightbreakers with stock wattage.
Some simple queries:
1. How many bulbs should I change?
2. What are H4 and H7? What should I get for my U-VA? (Extremely basic query!)
3. Noone is Trichy has these lamps. I was considering buying them online from ebay or powerbulbs. Is there any way of getting them? The Chevy dealer quoted a price of 1,800 for a pair (H7) and 300 bucks for fitting them. Obviously these are way too high!
4. What is the Philips equivalent for NighBreakers?
Old 11th June 2009, 15:49   #2950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
One my friend is in need of philips rally 100/90 bulbs,bosch relays and wiring kit, he was there in jc road yesterday and was unable to get one, any shop name phone number is needed, please help guyz

Edit: This is for santro xing.
Bump anyone please help
Old 11th June 2009, 16:47   #2951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
Bump anyone please help

JC Road is kind of wrong place going for that. Good that your friend is not sold some fake items and lousy wirings.

I got the wiring kit (for Santro) which came with relay and ceramic holders from Satya - Evo (9845376094). Initially i went for hella 100/90 but later Philips Rally 130/100 (not bought at satya, got it from a friend). No issues so far. His electrician did a clean job. Wiring kit was from Matrix i guess. He also used to keep Roots wiring kit.
Not sure if it is better to go for such wiring kit or buy relays, holder and wiring seperately and install. I do not see any issues either way but with wiring kit i did not have to search for buying components in market and Satya had assured that Matrix is a good kit. It is now close to an year and no issues with it. So, I do not question the quality of the kit.

Last edited by shyamhegde : 11th June 2009 at 16:49.
Old 11th June 2009, 17:31   #2952
BHPian

+ 1 to shyamhegde.

1 too am using the same matrix kit with Hella 90/100 from Satya. Its working fine and it been almost a year. Only not happy with the bulbs, need something brighter.
Old 11th June 2009, 18:26   #2953
Senior - BHPian

How would the following bulbs be arranged in order of light output alone. After two months of heavy rain, I'm in no mood for blue light , white - (4000-4300K, maybe)

Philips Xtremepower
Osram Nightbreaker
Philips Blue Vision 100/90
Philips Essential Vision 100/90
Philips Rallye 100/90

any other good 100/90's I might have missed out
Old 11th June 2009, 19:57   #2954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
How would the following bulbs be arranged in order of light output alone. After two months of heavy rain, I'm in no mood for blue light , white - (4000-4300K, maybe)

Philips Xtremepower
Osram Nightbreaker
Philips Blue Vision 100/90
Philips Essential Vision 100/90
Philips Rallye 100/90

any other good 100/90's I might have missed out
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1335254-post7.html

Out of the lot, Philips Rally 100/90 or 130/100 are the best in terms of illumination. Bright halogen bulbs!

Second come the Blue vision 100/90. And then the Philips Essential Vision 100/90. Rest follow.

Another suggestion is Halonix +60 100/90 bulbs. Very good VFM bulbs!

Last edited by ankitahuja : 11th June 2009 at 19:58.
Old 11th June 2009, 21:49   #2955
BHPian

Shyam hegde and audiophile thanks a ton.

Most Viewed