Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2009, 20:14   #2866
BHPian

nitvin if you dont hit the highway that often, then even xtreme power will do. it provides nice illumination. else add a relay along with ceramic holders and get a 100/90 upgrade done. but remember to get a good quality relay and holder if you plan to install 100/90 otherwise your wiring will get damaged in the long run.
Old 12th May 2009, 21:54   #2867
Senior - BHPian

Nitvin,

You will need a relay and also the holder when moving up to 100/90 bulbs. The cost of equipments and installation must be in the range of 1000 Rs.

But as White_VDi said, do this change if you need high power. If you do mostly city driving, then the new bulbs might suffice.
Old 12th May 2009, 22:39   #2868
Senior - BHPian

@Shaken: Thanks. Its a full harness and has all you said. My bad.

@AN: I have no clue - I am getting in gurgaon, in the auto market next to atul kataria chowk. Looks quite legit - recent pack and well packed - looks of okay construction too
Old 13th May 2009, 22:00   #2869
BHPian

Hey guys please help me out- My swift Vdi's right fog lamp bulb has gone kaput twice now. After the stock bulb fused i replaced it with a local one which again fused after a month or so( same spec as stock)- i plan to upgrade to brighter bulbs preferably white/blueish light ( bling factor) now there are two main doubts:-

1. What should be done to ensure that the bulb does not blow again?

2. Which is the best replacement for stock fog lamp bulbs ( keep in mind the bling factor). I have heard osram nightbreakers are good but are they available for foglamps also.
Old 13th May 2009, 23:53   #2870
BHPian

@ turbo1787 : get your wiring checked. i suspect something is wrong there. and replacing the fog bulb, you need a H8 or H11. either one will fit in. night breaker is whitish but not pure white. if you want white light, try philips. there are some options in philips.
Old 14th May 2009, 16:48   #2871
1001bhp

Was planning on putting HIDs for my swifts fog lamps..Wat size should i put as i ll be getting the HIDs from abroad..

Old 14th May 2009, 19:07   #2872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001bhp View Post
Was planning on putting HIDs for my swifts fog lamps..Wat size should i put as i ll be getting the HIDs from abroad..
H8 or H11. But from what I've heard doesnt make much sense to have HIDs in the fog lights because they wont make much of a difference.
Old 14th May 2009, 20:32   #2873
BHPian

+1
HID in fogs will only add to the bling factor. no functional value.
Old 14th May 2009, 23:46   #2874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
+1
HID in fogs will only add to the bling factor. no functional value.
It actually depends on the fog lamps, the reflectors, the spread and throw of light etc. On my Laura, I use them as auxillary driving lights as the throw and spread is very good. The 'fog' lamps cut off exactly where the low beam starts, so with both on, there is a seamless area of light which enables me to see low lying obstacles etc. I cannot do the same in my GTX as the throw and reach are just not adequate.

HIDs in Fog lamps can be counter productive in case of fog or rain, the higher intesity of light means more of it being reflected back at you. This reflected light can blind you. The HIDs in the fog lamps have to be below 4000 Kelvin to be of any use.

Cheers,
Old 16th May 2009, 20:12   #2875
1001bhp

I am puttin the HIDs for the fogs for the bling factor only..but since i do a lot of long distance travelling thru rain and fog,i am contemplating of putting a pair of hellas or lightforce..

Old 16th May 2009, 20:45   #2876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
@ turbo1787 : get your wiring checked. i suspect something is wrong there. and replacing the fog bulb, you need a H8 or H11. either one will fit in. night breaker is whitish but not pure white. if you want white light, try philips. there are some options in philips.
Thanks White_vdi, I shall get the wiring checked at M.A.S.S.
Could you please give me some options about the White bulbs,are you sure H11 will not harm the reflectors and stock wiring+holders are adequate( I haven't till date done a headlamp/foglamp upgrade so please don't mind).
Old 16th May 2009, 22:22   #2877
BHPian

turbo 1787 you can search for osram cool blue or philips diamond vision (if i am not mistaken).
Old 17th May 2009, 01:36   #2878
Senior - BHPian

Not blue - just less yellow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Hi,

I need to change the bulbs in my GTX, (H1 & H7). Any idea where I can get Philips Extreme Power or Osram Nightbreakers in Hyderabad or Secunderabad.

I am a little apprehensive about the Nightbreakers as they have a blue tint. I would prefer plain (uncoated) bulbs giving out the white-yellow light.

I might be tempted to go in for xenons if I can get them in the <4200K light spectrum. Does anyone have an idea of a reliable source for xenons in this town.

Cheers and thanks in advance,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
Spot on.I switched to Nightbreakers in my Petra and was very happy with the decision until monsoon arrived in Chennai.
They are pathetic in the rains.Have to change again before this monsoon
After having checked around, I was not able to get 'Extreme Power' as most guys stocked only some blue coloured bulbs from Philips that screamed "4300K" on their packing. I was however able to get night-breakers and on checking them out, found that they were not blue or anything just less yellow.

I have fitted them (a pair of H1s for the high beam and a pair of H7s for the low beam) and the light has improved. I got the bulbs at Sproket on Dharam Karan Rd. Ameerpet. All 4 bulbs set me back by about Rs.3K.

I am keeping my fingers crossed about their performance in the rains.

Cheers,
Old 17th May 2009, 13:00   #2879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
After having checked around, I was not able to get 'Extreme Power' as most guys stocked only some blue coloured bulbs from Philips that screamed "4300K" on their packing. I was however able to get night-breakers and on checking them out, found that they were not blue or anything just less yellow.

I have fitted them (a pair of H1s for the high beam and a pair of H7s for the low beam) and the light has improved. I got the bulbs at Sproket on Dharam Karan Rd. Ameerpet. All 4 bulbs set me back by about Rs.3K.

I am keeping my fingers crossed about their performance in the rains.

Cheers,
you can purchase pair of extreme power bulbs from
PowerBulbs - Car Bulbs, Headlight Bulbs, Xenon Bulbs from Philips and Osram, including Philips Xtreme Power and Osram NightBreaker globes.

i have used their services before and they deliver in india

they even have sale running on on their website..
Old 17th May 2009, 16:01   #2880
BHPian

powerbulbs in on ebay uk as well and its much cheaper there. i source my bulbs from them only.

Most Viewed