Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2009, 19:01   #2971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosh4u View Post
I too had gone for 100/90 - think it was Philips in 1st place but one of them broke during installation & couldnt be replaced since stock wasn't readily available. Then I had to go for Hella 100/90.
Absolutely no problems ever since. Evo did a great job (thanks a ton Satya).
Advaith Hyundai guys also had a look at the wiring & were ok with it.

Shyam - how was your reflectors after switching to 100/90? I've noticed that both of the reflectors have become slightly dull, incld the LHS one which was brand new at that time. I am sure that with 130/100, your reflectors must be getting fried
However the spread & reach of beams is excellent, even in rains. Also oncoming traffic doesnt get blinded unlike those Whitish/Bluish beams.
I do not have any issues with reflector so far. I dared to go with 130/100 only after finding the headlight assemblies (pair) available for Rs.2500 at Shivajinagar. They are brand-new but factory rejected from Lumax as i had seen them.
Old 15th June 2009, 23:09   #2972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTviN View Post
+1

Between Extreme Power and Night Breaker, other T-BHPians have suggested that Extreme Power is much better in terms of illumination in normal conditions as well as rain. Ext.Pow is whitish yellowish where as Night Breaker is whitish bluish which is not good in rain. One of the T-BHPians has even posten a detailed review and experience on these 2 bulbs on this same thread. Pls search. After going through all the reviews on this thread, i have gone for Extreme Power myself. I am happy with it.
HI, where in Bangalore did you go for the Philips Extreme power? What did they cost you?
Old 16th June 2009, 01:19   #2973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Here are the pics of the Bosch mini relays and back of the ceramic holders. Could not click pics of the actual install as I had left the car with my mechanic.
Thanks for posting the pictures, Nishant.

Aah, the mini relay is just like the 4 point relay that comes with the Stebel Nautilus horn. IMO, the ROOTS relay is much better in terms of durability. Not to forget, the wires DO NOT need to be cut to mate with the relay (as done above), when using a ROOTS wiring harness.

Attaching a picture for everyon's reference.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-roots-relay.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
Actually Rallye is the series of fog lamps from Hella, I guess people might be confusing it with Philips Rally series of automotive bulbs..
Totally agreed!
Old 16th June 2009, 12:47   #2974
BHPian

hey guys! I finally fitted 100/90 narva headlights on my car.

It worked out to 800 for 2 bulbs and 600 for the PMP wiring kit+relay. I also fitted an HID kit on my fogs. Lighting is awesome.

Narva is whitish blue(with a tinge of yellow) and they have definitely improved visibility. Coupled with the xenons on the fogs, it is much easier to drive at night! Though its not the best in rains.

Anybody else who has Narva bulbs? What is your feedback?
Old 16th June 2009, 17:20   #2975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
HI, where in Bangalore did you go for the Philips Extreme power? What did they cost you?
I bought it from A K Traders on J C Road, 3rd Cross. They are on the 1st floor of the building. They are the main distributors of Philips automotive lamps in Bangalore. It costed me Rs. 800 with bill. I checked in another couple of shops in JC Rd and even in CAR Automobiles but AK Traders has the best price. If you decide on this just goto AK Traders and buy from there.
Old 17th June 2009, 09:16   #2976
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I bought it from A K Traders on J C Road, 3rd Cross. They are on the 1st floor of the building. They are the main distributors of Philips automotive lamps in Bangalore. It costed me Rs. 800 with bill. I checked in another couple of shops in JC Rd and even in CAR Automobiles but AK Traders has the best price. If you decide on this just goto AK Traders and buy from there.
Thanks Nitvin.Appreciate your prompt response.
Old 18th June 2009, 04:59   #2977
Senior - BHPian

thanks for the clarification between rally and rallye
Old 18th June 2009, 11:45   #2978
BHPian

Hey guys I'm still looking for 3000k-4300k 55w Hid xenon, H1 in Mumbai. Anyone know where I can get these? Want to replace my 4300k H1s.
Old 18th June 2009, 12:21   #2979
BHPian

Where can i procure Philips Xtreme power 100/90 bulbs in Bombay,please.

Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited by SRShrikanth : 18th June 2009 at 12:24.
Old 18th June 2009, 13:08   #2980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth View Post
Where can i procure Philips Xtreme power 100/90 bulbs in Bombay,please.

Any help will be appreciated.
@SRS - Any specific reason why you want to go for the Xtreme power series? Would be good to know how its different from the normal 'Rally' halogen bulbs?

If you are not in a hurry, I can get you in 2 weeks time. My mechanic is out of town. He sources everything for me from Opera but at good prices.
Old 18th June 2009, 13:39   #2981
BHPian

Hey Nishant,

I had a comparo done on two vehicles with similar set-ups - One with relay + Rally and another with the same relay + Xtreme power bulbs and felt that the 2nd option was much better in terms of 'lighting' performance on both low/high beams, light spread/intensity on narrow city & highway traffic conditions.

Sadly the car with the Xtreme power bulbs belonged to a pal from Coimbatore and has left Bbay already ( otherwise i would have just had to swap bulbs )

With rains coming in, & one of my bulbs not functional for the past 48hrs - i need a change. And now a change rather for the better.

But if your mechanic can get a genuine Philips Xtreme power bulb set at a reasonable cost - then am prepared to wait up.

Do lemme know,please.

Thanx & Rgds

Quote:
@SRS - Any specific reason why you want to go for the Xtreme power series? Would be good to know how its different from the normal 'Rally' halogen bulbs?

If you are not in a hurry, I can get you in 2 weeks time. My mechanic is out of town. He sources everything for me from Opera but at good prices.
Old 18th June 2009, 13:52   #2982
Senior - BHPian

NEED a HELLA Installer for a SEDAN

Hi Bangalore TBhpians;

Does anyone know a good installer/mechanic who can fit a pair of HELLA AFM headlights on a Indigo. This needs special skills and not the regular welding needed for a SUV type fitting. This needs a flush fit thru the front grill and as camaflouged and neat as possible.

Any one knows someone?
Old 18th June 2009, 14:50   #2983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth View Post
Hey Nishant,

I had a comparo done on two vehicles with similar set-ups - One with relay + Rally and another with the same relay + Xtreme power bulbs and felt that the 2nd option was much better in terms of 'lighting' performance on both low/high beams, light spread/intensity on narrow city & highway traffic conditions.

Sadly the car with the Xtreme power bulbs belonged to a pal from Coimbatore and has left Bbay already ( otherwise i would have just had to swap bulbs )

With rains coming in, & one of my bulbs not functional for the past 48hrs - i need a change. And now a change rather for the better.

But if your mechanic can get a genuine Philips Xtreme power bulb set at a reasonable cost - then am prepared to wait up.

Do lemme know,please.

Thanx & Rgds
The Xtreme Power bulbs produce a white light? I would doubt because I had the same bulbs in 60/55w and I saw a bluish covering on the tip. I think the light has a slight bluish tinge, which might become a hinderance during the rains.

I have recently changed to 100/90w Philips Rally and it feels very much like stock light, just a lot more brighter. I would want to believe this would suffice in the rains.

Of course I can get the genuine ones for you. Just a matter of waiting, as I told you. The guy in question is a senior person with many years of business behind him. So he manages to get me authentic stuff from his dealers.
Old 18th June 2009, 19:01   #2984
BHPian

Quote:
The Xtreme Power bulbs produce a white light? I would doubt because I had the same bulbs in 60/55w and I saw a bluish covering on the tip. I think the light has a slight bluish tinge, which might become a hinderance during the rains.

I have recently changed to 100/90w Philips Rally and it feels very much like stock light, just a lot more brighter. I would want to believe this would suffice in the rains.

Of course I can get the genuine ones for you. Just a matter of waiting, as I told you. The guy in question is a senior person with many years of business behind him. So he manages to get me authentic stuff from his dealers.
I currently have Xtreme Power 60/55 on my Safari. Its not a bluish light. Its a normal halogen type yellow light but is more whitish than the OE. I have driven it in rain in both city and highway. It works just fine in both low and high beams.
Old 18th June 2009, 20:31   #2985
BHPian

Quote:
I currently have Xtreme Power 60/55 ---
Where can I get Philips Xtreme Power 60/55bulbs in Noida. I saw these bulbs at Car Ranauq at sector 16 Noida but couldn't make out about the originality so backed out. Quoted price was 850/-

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks