Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2010, 18:59   #4471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDART View Post
Thanks Shyam

If I go back in the forum I see a lot of talk about different head/fog lamps available, power requirements etc... How do i find out the suitable power range for my car, the power consumed by my stock lamps?
Power consumed by the so called standard fog lights are 55W each.

If you want more powerful light to drive on your santro - I suggest these
1. Upgrade the bulbs to 100/90W philips ralley with a wiring kit (wiring harness, ceramic holder, relay etc.). Lots of posts on this very thread for such upgrade exist. You can also go with 130/100W bulb but chances of bulb fusing often is high. In any case keep the stock bulbs you remove while upgrade handy as backup. Get this done at a good shop. Cost should be somewhere around 1200 Rs. in total.

2. Soon after bulb upgrade, get the headlight beams aligned. Most of the auth service centres and tyre alignnment centres will have the facility. Costs around 200 Rs.

I got the above on my Santro and it just worked! I get excellent headlight lighting for both city and highway drive.
Old 6th November 2010, 18:07   #4472
Senior - BHPian

I installed HIDS on the low beam on my Civic. I had got the projector headlamp assy from Bangkok. The problem is that the beam focus is totally out. I doubt whether the dealer will look into it as it is aftermarket. Do you know if the focus of the projectors can be adjusted. Currently the right beam is pointimg too much down and tlted to the left too much
Old 7th November 2010, 11:00   #4473
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
I installed HIDS on the low beam on my Civic. I had got the projector headlamp assy from Bangkok. The problem is that the beam focus is totally out. I doubt whether the dealer will look into it as it is aftermarket. Do you know if the focus of the projectors can be adjusted. Currently the right beam is pointimg too much down and tlted to the left too much
This is a common problem in most of the aftermarket projector headlights. You need to adjust the screws inside the headlight assembly to get the focus correct.
Old 7th November 2010, 13:19   #4474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
This is a common problem in most of the aftermarket projector headlights. You need to adjust the screws inside the headlight assembly to get the focus correct.
Thanks for the reply. But how do we do this with the headlamp fixed on the car. There's hardly any gap to reach behind the assy. I'm in sort of a fix and I'm also not sure if here are screws to adjust this? Any suggestions in bangalore who could do this professionally for the Civic?
Old 7th November 2010, 15:58   #4475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. But how do we do this with the headlamp fixed on the car. There's hardly any gap to reach behind the assy. I'm in sort of a fix and I'm also not sure if here are screws to adjust this? Any suggestions in bangalore who could do this professionally for the Civic?
You cant adjust this with the headlamps fixed. You need to remove the unit and adjust them. i think it's always better to leave to the experts. All models will have different setups. This was a common problem in the aftermarket swift projectors and many faced these kinda problems. That's the only reason why I opted for the new model which is motorized.

I think you can check out "Evo" (Ulsoor) or "Sprocket" (Koramangala).

Cheers.!
Old 8th November 2010, 11:28   #4476
BHPian

Projector Fog lamps ON..

Got my long pending projector eagle eye fog lamps installed on to my swifty's Hikari kit over the weekend.
This a H11 assembly running of 4300K H8 HID kit.
Manual horizontal/ vertical beam focus adjustments are from the outside.
Simple plug on install on the bumper. No mods required.
Heat generated is high. Recommended during fog/rain only.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img00131201011061135.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img00132201011061135.jpg  

Old 8th November 2010, 11:39   #4477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
Got my long pending projector eagle eye fog lamps installed on to my swifty's Hikari kit over the weekend.
This a H11 assembly running of 4300K H8 HID kit.
Manual horizontal/ vertical beam focus adjustments are from the outside.
Simple plug on install on the bumper. No mods required.
Heat generated is high. Recommended during fog/rain only.
Cool !
Would you please share purchase details?
HID should have produces less heat compared to normal halogens. Wonder how this is heating up much. or it is that just you said it heats up and not in comparison with halogen fog lights.

Do you have any pics of the units before install ?

Thanks!
Shyam
Old 8th November 2010, 12:22   #4478
BHPian

I have been looking out for a red angel eye for my bi xenons in my mondeo. Even after searching the forums I am unable to find a place to buy angel eyes in bangalore also I am unable to find anybody who can fix these angel eyes into my 25k per piece headlights. Any help in this regard is appreciated also is this modification safe, considering i will have to shell out 25k if anything goes wrong !
Old 8th November 2010, 12:24   #4479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
Cool !
Would you please share purchase details?
HID should have produces less heat compared to normal halogens. Wonder how this is heating up much. or it is that just you said it heats up and not in comparison with halogen fog lights.

Do you have any pics of the units before install ?

Thanks!
Shyam
Purchased from a vendor from Taiwan. Costs 7K without HID kit. This includes shipping cost by EMS and customs duty of INR777. Item value declared by vendor on invoice as 50USD and not 135USD.
The heating could be due to the fact it is in a complete metal casing and the lens is glass. The vendor was smart to answer when I asked him on the heating part of the stuff. Fog lamps are to be used as Fog lamps during Fog or Rain. I am sure they will not get heated as much during Fog and rain.
I have this pic of the unit as provided by vendor.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-swifth11b.jpg  

Old 8th November 2010, 14:17   #4480
BHPian

Need advise

I want to upgrade the bulbs on my 10 months old Manza. The stock bulbs are Philips H7 type 55W. There are 4 bulbs in total (2 for high and 2 for low beam). I find the light is pretty insufficient for highway driving. Can I go for Philips H7 90 or 100W? Is yes, can I just change the bulbs or would need to change any wiring/ add relay?

Please advise. Thanks so much in advance.
Old 8th November 2010, 15:09   #4481
BHPian

Does anyone know whether old baleno (2000) headlights have plastic or glass lens. Is it safe to use 100/90 lamps or should I upgrade to phillips 60/55 only? Yesterday only I drove on the highway at night and with stock lights it felt as if I am driving without lights! Esp. with other people having very bright light coming from opposite direction, I was forced to reduce my speed to 50 kmph to be safe.
Old 8th November 2010, 15:17   #4482
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
I want to upgrade the bulbs on my 10 months old Manza. The stock bulbs are Philips H7 type 55W. There are 4 bulbs in total (2 for high and 2 for low beam). I find the light is pretty insufficient for highway driving. Can I go for Philips H7 90 or 100W? Is yes, can I just change the bulbs or would need to change any wiring/ add relay?

Please advise. Thanks so much in advance.
If you are going for higher rated bulbs you need to install branded relays, ceramic holder, wiring etc... I would recommend Philips.
Old 10th November 2010, 16:00   #4483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You cant adjust this with the headlamps fixed. You need to remove the unit and adjust them. i think it's always better to leave to the experts. All models will have different setups. This was a common problem in the aftermarket swift projectors and many faced these kinda problems. That's the only reason why I opted for the new model which is motorized.

I think you can check out "Evo" (Ulsoor) or "Sprocket" (Koramangala).

Cheers.!
Finally, I got the Civic projectors focussed professionally. I initially took it to Whitefield Honda not expecting them to do anything. However, they said they would try their best. By evening I get a call with the expected answer. They do not have the expertise to adjust the focus of aftermarket projector headlamps. Gave a thanks and paid Rs 75/- as inspection charges (don't ask me what is that).

Through a contact, I managed to zero in on a place called A1 Car Care Centre in Wilson Garden. They have the required equipment for headlamp alignment and focussing which was a big relief for me. Got it done last evening from them and it is now perfect. The accessibility of the adjusting screws is bad on the Civic and needs patience. These guys did a good job. Paid Rs 1500, which is on the higher side, but did not think twice since the job done was really good and I did not have any options.

Last edited by dinu2506 : 10th November 2010 at 16:01.
Old 10th November 2010, 16:44   #4484
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Finally, I got the Civic projectors focussed professionally. I initially took it to Whitefield Honda not expecting them to do anything. However, they said they would try their best. By evening I get a call with the expected answer. They do not have the expertise to adjust the focus of aftermarket projector headlamps. Gave a thanks and paid Rs 75/- as inspection charges (don't ask me what is that).

Through a contact, I managed to zero in on a place called A1 Car Care Centre in Wilson Garden. They have the required equipment for headlamp alignment and focussing which was a big relief for me. Got it done last evening from them and it is now perfect. The accessibility of the adjusting screws is bad on the Civic and needs patience. These guys did a good job. Paid Rs 1500, which is on the higher side, but did not think twice since the job done was really good and I did not have any options.
Congrats. Glad to hear that everything went well. Yes, I have heard of headlight focusing equipments. But didnt expect them to be here in India. Anyways, congrats. Now expecting some pics of your headlights in action

Cheers.!
Old 10th November 2010, 19:53   #4485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats. Glad to hear that everything went well. Yes, I have heard of headlight focusing equipments. But didnt expect them to be here in India. Anyways, congrats. Now expecting some pics of your headlights in action

Cheers.!
Thanks, its not a very high end equipment but serves the purpose. Its basically a box on roller stand with a lens on one edge that focusses the beam to alignment lines inside the box. Should have taken some pictures

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks