Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2010, 15:41   #4606
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Do any body in this forum added projector head lamps for their ANHC? I found after market projector head lamps for Civic and Jazz but still yet to find one for ANHC, If so please post the pictures and available address with cost.
Old 11th December 2010, 19:03   #4607
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks @naveen, @motomaverick and anoop for such quick and useful response.

Anoop, so you think it's possible to change the design of the projector optics? Or are you saying there is a better product available that's scientifically designed. Just want to make sure I understand correctly.

And the visibility of the OE lamps is really not good enough so something has to be done. What do you suggest?
Old 11th December 2010, 21:45   #4608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I'm looking to improve the lighting on my Getz. I already have 90/100 with relay installed since the last ~2 years.

I'm now looking to upgrade to HIDs/Xenons. I came across this kit on Ebay. Should I go for it?

Would I need anything else apart from it?

Does it have both high and low beam?

Global Easy Buy
Hids in india are also available at lesser rates . why do you want to buy it online ? you wont even get warranty unless you ship back the damaged goods to the seller which will again cost lots of $$$ .

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Thanks @naveen, @motomaverick and anoop for such quick and useful response.

Anoop, so you think it's possible to change the design of the projector optics? Or are you saying there is a better product available that's scientifically designed. Just want to make sure I understand correctly.

And the visibility of the OE lamps is really not good enough so something has to be done. What do you suggest?
if one does not want the lower quality projector on these readymade projector headlamps then we have to retro fit projectors in your existing headlamp . it will even turn out cheaper and you will not lose any leveling mechanism . plus you can retrofit good quality projectors that are designed for HID usage .
Old 11th December 2010, 22:16   #4609
BHPian

Quote:
So you think it's possible to change the design of the projector optics? Or are you saying there is a better product available that's scientifically designed. Just want to make sure I understand correctly.

What I intent to say was that the projectors which comes on those Projector LED Halo Headlight kits are garbage and should be discarded to be retrofitted with OEM projectors (Ex. Hella/Morimoto...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
if one does not want the lower quality projector on these readymade projector headlamps then we have to retro fit projectors in your existing headlamp . it will even turn out cheaper and you will not lose any leveling mechanism . plus you can retrofit good quality projectors that are designed for HID usage .
+1 to above.

For Tucson, the best bet would be the complete Morimoto Bi-Xenon HID kit sold by TRS. I have helped installing it on my colleague's Safari and the beam quality was way too good.

To lower the costs, you could get just the projectors from TRS and add good quality HID ballasts and burners(Ex. Genuine Philips). Getting 4300K is proving to be a challenge though.

The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications

PS: Though I mentioned Tucson specifically, the above Morimoto kit should fit any vehicle with an H4 lamp.

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 11th December 2010 at 22:18.
Old 12th December 2010, 21:45   #4610
Senior - BHPian

Fixed up the Micro DE, heres a pic of the throw. The leveling needs to be redone as its throwing light pretty near to the car. The brightness of the beam is pretty good considering the actual size of the these things. I am impressed.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_1656.jpg  

Old 17th December 2010, 17:53   #4611
BHPian

how are the OSRAM HIDs? I get complaints about HIDs that the ones that toyota was sourcing (accessories) had problems and they have discontinued the sales of the same.
Are there any problems with HIDs?
Please advice.
Old 17th December 2010, 18:06   #4612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Fixed up the Micro DE, heres a pic of the throw. The leveling needs to be redone as its throwing light pretty near to the car. The brightness of the beam is pretty good considering the actual size of the these things. I am impressed.
Hey mate, how much did these cost you? Also can you post a picture from the front, taken during day time? I just want to see how they look on the front bumper.

Also, how did you get them fixed? Was some sort of metal plate used?

Drive safe.
Old 18th December 2010, 10:29   #4613
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_mclaren View Post
how are the OSRAM HIDs? I get complaints about HIDs that the ones that toyota was sourcing (accessories) had problems and they have discontinued the sales of the same.
Are there any problems with HIDs?
Please advice.
There are no problems in using branded HID's. You can check out Philips or Auto Gauge. I have been using them for more than a year now without any problems.
Old 18th December 2010, 22:43   #4614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hey mate, how much did these cost you? Also can you post a picture from the front, taken during day time? I just want to see how they look on the front bumper.

Also, how did you get them fixed? Was some sort of metal plate used?

Drive safe.

I fixed them in the OEM clamps that the zen comes with along with a l-drop kind of clamp to keep the thing in place, i still have not gone for re-alignment, need to find time and go there.

No metal plate to cover the gap between the micro de and the OEM hole, its a fabric piece that is usually used in number plates and then covered up in black vinyl.
Old 19th December 2010, 00:08   #4615
Senior - BHPian

^^ thanks for the info mate. Can you please post some pictures of the car from front?

Drive safe.
Old 19th December 2010, 01:33   #4616
BHPian

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Hi Linea Owners,
I always used to feel that Linea - headlight is in-adequately powered. Today I decided to upgrade the light to 100W (High Beam) and 80W (Low Beam).

Fortunately, I did not have to buy the cut outs and relays, because both the bulbs are different and it got fitted in the same socket, without modifying anything else.

Just spent Rs. 2400 and got it replaced.

Try this.. and you'll enjoy the night drive too with the great car..

Cheers...
Old 19th December 2010, 02:57   #4617
Senior - BHPian

Re: For those who think Linea Headlight is in adequate

You're atleast gonna need strong holders or the factory ones that are made for 55 and 60 are gonna melt.
I'll guarantee that.
Old 19th December 2010, 18:44   #4618
Senior - BHPian

+1 to nitrous.

you will need some ceramic holders.
Old 19th December 2010, 18:55   #4619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
I had them installed on my Tucson. See snapshot below

Those lights look BRILLIANT on the Tucson. Any pictures of the front ? How is the projector light dissipation ?

Cheers

Last edited by Amartya : 25th December 2010 at 23:59. Reason: Corrected the 'quote' tag
Old 19th December 2010, 19:18   #4620
BANNED

I think this needs to be taken up in lightning thread. And this is the way ti improve headlight beam on most cars without HID, projector whether that is Maruti , Hyundai , Fiat etc.

And without a relay and ceramic holders you are going to fry the parts .Remove or Upgrade ASAP.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks