Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2010, 11:55   #4501
BHPian

Help!

Hi,

Can anyone please advise where can I get Philips H7 80W (EV or RA) head light bulbs in Delhi/ NCR. Tried Sec 16, Noida and Kashmere gate Delhi, but no luck. I did not think it will be hard to get these. Any suggestions please?

Last edited by amit1234singla : 21st November 2010 at 11:57.
Old 21st November 2010, 13:22   #4502
BHPian

Got 100/90W in Baleno

I got headlamps of my baleno upgraded after a lot of research on this forum. My stock headlamps were pathetic to say the least! I was scared to drive at night and didn't know what to do. Details are as follows:

phillips rally 100/90W H4 @ Ra 150 each
Intrphase relay with wiring kit et al Rs 570
fitting charges Rs 100

The difference is evident, I can safely drive at night even with other people with very bright light coming in opposite directions. I was surprised to see the stock wiring it was so damn thin and I'm sure it wouldn't have taken well to 100/90 bulbs.
Old 23rd November 2010, 00:09   #4503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedstar View Post
i have a zen Estilo. recently i changed my head light from stock to philips 90/100 bulb with a relay and wiring kit.after changing the bulb i tried them at night but to my shock i dint find any difference in the intensity of the light,it was almost as same as the stock bulb.
so can anybody please help me out with this..
speedstar, i too have new estilo and have directly placed original osram night breakers 90/100 into head light without relays etc and have seen huge improvement in light, driven around 2-3 hrs continuously with them, working fine

my mech, said relays are not needed so i directly installed them
Old 23rd November 2010, 00:28   #4504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnt View Post
speedstar, i too have new estilo and have directly placed original osram night breakers 90/100 into head light without relays etc and have seen huge improvement in light, driven around 2-3 hrs continuously with them, working fine

Relay is a must if you don't want to get into trouble of burned headlight switch or a faulty wiring, which can easily happen with a 90/100 bulbs on stock wiring.

I've burned a upper/dipper switch on my santro by using 90/100 so its better to have a relay installed rather than paying a huge amount to A.S.S. later.
Old 23rd November 2010, 00:42   #4505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You are taking a huge risk by not installing relays. Your battery will drain out faster and you are also putting a huge load on the vehicle's electrical system. The factory installed wires and electrical system will NOT be able to bear the additional load the 100/90W bulbs put!

Get a Roots or a Bosch relay installed ASAP. One of our friends in Team BHP had to spend Rs. 7000 to replace the wiring of his Santro, all because of faulty wiring and relays.
Old 23rd November 2010, 01:42   #4506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Osram Night Breaker come in 55/60 W not 90/100W. Yes Osram NB you will see good improvement than stock bulb, but its 55/60W. And you wont need relay since you are using 55/60W which is same as stock bulb.
Old 23rd November 2010, 10:13   #4507

i have installed my bulbs using wiring a relay. i recheck the wiring and relay but still the intensity of light is not upto my expectations.
previously i had installed the same bulb in my 1st generation wagon-r and the difference was huge in the intensity of light.but it is not the same in estilo.
Old 23rd November 2010, 10:26   #4508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Relay is a must if you don't want to get into trouble of burned headlight switch or a faulty wiring, which can easily happen with a 90/100 bulbs on stock wiring.

I've burned a upper/dipper switch on my santro by using 90/100 so its better to have a relay installed rather than paying a huge amount to A.S.S. later.

I have used 90/100 on my santro for 7 yrs without relay and never had any problem,even driving for 6-7 hrs continuous, it was "zip drive" version

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Osram Night Breaker come in 55/60 W not 90/100W. Yes Osram NB you will see good improvement than stock bulb, but its 55/60W. And you wont need relay since you are using 55/60W which is same as stock bulb.
i will cross check type, they are 90/100 osrams surely but will check if they are night breakers. got them from osram dealer in delhi.

the problem is that I am not able to procure relay here in Bokaro Steel City

Last edited by drsnt : 23rd November 2010 at 10:27.
Old 23rd November 2010, 10:37   #4509
BHPian

Which is better Osram night breaker or Philips rally 100/90? I also read about a new bulb called Phillips Extreme Vision any one in our forum used it please comment about its performance
Old 23rd November 2010, 10:51   #4510
BHPian

Quote:
I have used 90/100 on my santro for 7 yrs without relay and never had any problem,even driving for 6-7 hrs continuous, it was "zip drive" version
Your car will have an OE relay for the headlights else, you would've opted for a wiring harness by now. Stock switch contacts are light duty ones hence a relay is installed. If you closely observe, you can hear the relay clicks when the engine is off.

Quote:
i will cross check type, they are 90/100 osrams surely but will check if they are night breakers. got them from osram dealer in delhi.
NIght Breaker series are in 55/60 for H4.

OSRAM|Consumer|Automotive Lighting|Products|Headlights|NIGHT BREAKER|NIGHT BREAKER Family|index

Quote:
You may survive with a higher rated bulb without a relay but it cant last long, so if any bulb upgrade to higher wattage, insist for a relay+harness for the sake of stock switch gears as well as your saftey too.
Old 23rd November 2010, 11:16   #4511
BHPian

We have two santros in the family. One is Jan 2005 XG model and is fitted with H4 90/100W bulbs. Trust me these are OE bulbs as we have never changed them. They are running fine since last 6 years.

Second is a Aug 2006 XL model and is fitted with H4 55/60W bulbs. there are running fine as well, ofcourse the visibility in 2005 model car is better.

So does anyone know if Hyundai actually fitted 2006 onwards models with lower wattage bulbs? If this is a yes, would they have changed the wiring etc? If this is a no, then one can easily go for 90/100 in newer models as the wires etc are capable of taking 90/100.

Off late I have observed that most of the new cars now come with 55/60W bulbs. Infact large cars line innova and Safari are fitted with this size. My 2010 manza is fitted with H7 55W. Is there any regulation etc which is making the OE's to fit cars with smaller bulbs?

Please share if any member has any information on this.
Old 23rd November 2010, 12:23   #4512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is not popular in that part of India. However you can find complete harness and relay in south and west part of India. When you go to mechanic they will try to convince/fit 90/100 bulb in OE wires. Please note this is not at all proper and recommended. It will lead to fire also in extreme case.

If you have any friends/relatives try to source wiring harness from them through courier or any other means.
Old 23rd November 2010, 14:15   #4513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Which is better Osram night breaker or Philips rally 100/90? I also read about a new bulb called Phillips Extreme Vision any one in our forum used it please comment about its performance
I am using philips (Crystal Vision, 4300K), they were installed in January'10 and I am more than Happy with the better glow and visibility.
These are not 100/90 bulbs so one can try to run them on stock wiring too.

drsnt: the newer santro's after 2005/6 have factory fitted relays for upper beam while lower beam is still direct connection from headlight switch.
Old 23rd November 2010, 23:36   #4514
BHPian

Urgently need Suggestions

Guys!
My 2000 Zen's driver side headlight is not working in Low beam.
What could be the reason for it?

Taking this as an opportunity, I would like to upgrade the headlight bulbs in my car.
I want the headlight to be of yellow colour so that it doesn't attract the "thhullas". Please tell me what all do I require and what is the best price I should spend on them?
Old 24th November 2010, 10:05   #4515
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Guys!
My 2000 Zen's driver side headlight is not working in Low beam.
What could be the reason for it?

Taking this as an opportunity, I would like to upgrade the headlight bulbs in my car.
I want the headlight to be of yellow colour so that it doesn't attract the "thhullas". Please tell me what all do I require and what is the best price I should spend on them?
This might be some connections issues. If you are planning to upgrade your bulbs, you can check out Philips. Since you want yellow color, stick with 4300k color temp bulbs or lower. Anything above that will be white. It will come around 500-600/-

Most Viewed