Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2011, 19:12   #5251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr_ans

Thank you bro, will get it checked today with the H.A.S.S guyz and also with another Battery dealer before I leave for my trip.

Hope it will not mess any of my electricals or setup until then.
Your battery dealer is correct. 5A difference is not going to make any difference. Its a plus factor that you dont have an AMP as the 100/90W halogens are exerting good amount of strain to the battery.

Your battery wont get fried due to over charging AFAIK.
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:37   #5252
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Guys got Raylux HID 4300k on my Anhc today.Have you all heard of the brand?
Havent heard about this brand. Did you fix it? How is the performance?
At first all brands will work well. It's the life that's important. Please update the thread with pics.
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:41   #5253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Havent heard about this brand. Did you fix it? How is the performance?
At first all brands will work well. It's the life that's important. Please update the thread with pics.
Nope,I bought it from an accessory shop out here in calcutta,Speed & Sameer.
Have got a 1 year replacement warranty with it.Will post pictures tomorrow.Along with the HID's I have also got the interior light,no plate light,side light bulbs changed from yellow to white.Looks Amazing.
Old 3rd July 2011, 22:37   #5254
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Have you got the headlights correctly aimed? Can you please post pics of the low beam and high beam lights in the night, preferably directed against a wall or on an open and empty road?

Thats on my todo list. Will post before and after pics when I do that.

--Ragul
Old 4th July 2011, 06:47   #5255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Your battery dealer is correct. 5A difference is not going to make any difference. Its a plus factor that you dont have an AMP as the 100/90W halogens are exerting good amount of strain to the battery.

Your battery wont get fried due to over charging AFAIK.
Thank you sajjit, just FYI my lamps are Phillips 130/100W.

Now, I did get it checked with another dealer and it turned out to be only for this model of Exide battery though the model number (75D23L) shows 75 in it, it is actually 68Ah unlike the remaining exide batteries match with their model and Amp. The dealer showed me a similar chart as the one given below to confirm this.

http://www.exidedealer.co.in/latestpricing.pdf

And he did show the Amaron battery chart and the battery fixed on mine currently (Amaron Black BL700LMF) is 70Ah. Which ideally according to him is a better choice with regards to the Amps.

Now comes the interesting part, I spoke with H.A.S.S guys and they wanted me to get the exact Amped battery fixed to avoid any hassles. I specifically asked what those hassles could be and they were not sure.

What say guys? Should I go by H.A.S.S. or stick with the dealers (both) advice?
Old 4th July 2011, 09:56   #5256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr_ans View Post
Thank you sajjit, just FYI my lamps are Phillips 130/100W.

Now, I did get it checked with another dealer and it turned out to be only for this model of Exide battery though the model number (75D23L) shows 75 in it, it is actually 68Ah unlike the remaining exide batteries match with their model and Amp. The dealer showed me a similar chart as the one given below to confirm this.

http://www.exidedealer.co.in/latestpricing.pdf

And he did show the Amaron battery chart and the battery fixed on mine currently (Amaron Black BL700LMF) is 70Ah. Which ideally according to him is a better choice with regards to the Amps.

Now comes the interesting part, I spoke with H.A.S.S guys and they wanted me to get the exact Amped battery fixed to avoid any hassles. I specifically asked what those hassles could be and they were not sure.

What say guys? Should I go by H.A.S.S. or stick with the dealers (both) advice?
I dont think there's no point in that and you can't give it back to Amron dealer either. If something wrong with the battery the dealer will replace it for you. Why the SVC should bother about it? Just because you have got a slightly under rated battery there will not be any issues to any of the parts.

BTW, Is it under warranty period? Then how did you managed to get a 130/100W instead of 55/60W? They will stop you with max of 100/90W.
Old 4th July 2011, 22:23   #5257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
BTW, Is it under warranty period? Then how did you managed to get a 130/100W instead of 55/60W? They will stop you with max of 100/90W.

Nope, my car is not under warranty. I hope that answers, how the 130/100s
Old 4th July 2011, 23:10   #5258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr_ans View Post
Nope, my car is not under warranty. I hope that answers, how the 130/100s
I hope you also realize you are potentially blinding every oncoming driver. :o
Old 5th July 2011, 15:14   #5259
Senior - BHPian

Changed my i20's most of the exterior lighting to LEDs!!

I started with the tail lamp assembly and changed the rear stop lamp and rear fog lamp bulbs to LEDs on one side and then turned em on to see the difference between LEDs and oem bulbs on the other side!

To be honest, I wasn't expecting much, but I was wrong, BIGTIME!!

LED side was much richer and vivid shade of red + the LED pattern on the LED assembly looked amazing!!

The OEM bulbs were noticeably faded looking as compared to LEDs.
OEM bulbs were yellow which were behind red tinted clear plastic lens of the tail lamp which were giving of orange-ish light.

Whereas the LEDs were itself red and when behind clear red lens the light given out was pure red!

Changed the other ones asap! Also changed the bulbs in the high mount stop lamp for LEDs.

Now the response time for bulb activation and turning off is instant!!!! It was noticeable when I had installed LEDs on one side and was braking with quick intermittent pressing of brake pedal.

The LEDs registered each depression of the brake pedal sharply!! Whereas the OEM bulbs were lost in their activation-achievement of full brightness- fading - off!!

Also changed the side repeater bulbs to amber colored LEDs. Now they give nice sharp blinks.

I'm yet to recieve the Blinker LEDs for both front and rear light assemblies and reverse light LEDs.

Will post pics then!

Another thing I noticed was that now the lamp lenses remained cool to touch as opposed to when OEM bulbs were in there!

Overall, totally worth it IMO!

Last edited by sohail99 : 5th July 2011 at 15:22.
Old 5th July 2011, 15:19   #5260
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post

I started with the tail lamp assembly and changed the rear stop lamp and rear fog lamp bulbs to LEDs on one side and then turned em on to see the difference between LEDs and oem bulbs on the other side!
Congrats on your new install. Glad to hear that everything went according to plan. Now what's missing are the pics. Please post the pics. If possible try posting a video to show the working of the LED's on the tail lights.

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th July 2011 at 17:08. Reason: Please DO NOT quoting large text, videos and pictures as it inconveniences our mobile users. Thanks!
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 02:57   #5261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
I hope you also realize you are potentially blinding every oncoming driver. :o
Don't you worry, I don't use Hi-beam while driving in the City

To be more specific, I'm not so comfortable with Highway Night drives on 55/60w (I felt as if I was holding candles to lit the road) and most of the time my family travels along with me. So had to switch to 130/100s for Highway night drives. Can't help it mate .
Old 6th July 2011, 11:38   #5262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99

To be honest, I wasn't expecting much, but I was wrong, BIGTIME!!

LED side was much richer and vivid shade of red + the LED pattern on the LED assembly looked amazing!!

The OEM bulbs were noticeably faded looking as compared to LEDs.
OEM bulbs were yellow which were behind red tinted clear plastic lens of the tail lamp which were giving of orange-ish light.

Whereas the LEDs were itself red and when behind clear red lens the light given out was pure red!

Changed the other ones asap! Also changed the bulbs in the high mount stop lamp for LEDs.

Now the response time for bulb activation and turning off is instant!!!! It was noticeable when I had installed LEDs on one side and was braking with quick intermittent pressing of brake pedal.

The LEDs registered each depression of the brake pedal sharply!! Whereas the OEM bulbs were lost in their activation-achievement of full brightness- fading - off!!

Also changed the side repeater bulbs to amber colored LEDs. Now they give nice sharp blinks.

I'm yet to recieve the Blinker LEDs for both front and rear light assemblies and reverse light LEDs.

Will post pics then!

Another thing I noticed was that now the lamp lenses remained cool to touch as opposed to when OEM bulbs were in there!

Overall, totally worth it IMO!
You will always be doing something creative on your car Sohail. From where did you purchase the leds from? Did you purchase it for all the lights at rear and parking lamps? Are they just plug and play or you need to add resistors to it? Please post the pics of the leds and their cost. Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 20:06   #5263
Senior - BHPian

They are stock replacements! Saves a lot of headache to research and get appropriate stock replacements! Then just open and replace! done!

Everything is built into the bulb. I'll be getting the LEDs for indicators soon.

It was a tough job to find out what kind of bulbs my i20 was using, as there was no model or spec number etc.

Finally found a website that showed what kind of bulbs the i20 uses(Names and official specs and model numbers) - HYUNDAI i20 [2008-]

Took a few pics of the bulbs! They're great!!

1157 LED in brake bulb/position light

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20110706-13.48.52.jpg

1156 LED in rear fog lamp

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20110706-13.49.16.jpg

Position lights all lit up!( Brake not applied yet, as I'm the only one here so cant brake and take pics lol!)

Both sides

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20110706-13.46.01.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20110706-13.46.42.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20110706-13.47.08.jpg

Lit up LED in fog lamp assy

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20110706-13.47.54.jpg

At level of the LED its BRIGHT!!

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20110706-13.48.23.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20110706-13.47.41.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-20110706-13.48.06.jpg

I checked it out in front of a building with mirrored glass and the LEDs look amazing!!
Old 7th July 2011, 08:32   #5264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
1157 LED in brake bulb/position light
looking awesome!!

please update us with its cost.

BTW whats the brand? (made in china or other?)
Old 7th July 2011, 10:24   #5265
Distinguished - BHPian

Sohaill,

Stunning is the word!

Which brand, from where and what was the landed cost?! What do you think of the brightness relative to the stock ones?

Do you need resistors or special flasher units for the blinkers? Does the i20 ECU recognize the LEDs as working bulbs or are you getting increased blinking speeds due to the very low power consumption?

More pictures please :-)!

Last edited by itwasntme : 7th July 2011 at 10:26. Reason: Typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks