Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2009, 09:02   #3106
BHPian

Is the Xtreme Power/Night breaker better than Philips Rally 100/90?
Well Xtreme Power and Night breaker are still 60/55 and hence street legal. They need to changes to the exsisting setup. But these have a negative point as they are whiter is shade and can hamper vision during twilight times and rains.

Philis rally 100/90 are street illegal. They are really bright! They have same color tone as the original which is yellowish and gives excellent vision during twilight and rains. But you need to change the setup in your car to put these. You will need new relay and wiring and harness kit.

The Philips website shows 60/55 bulbs, do they have 100/90?
It is mentioned in few philips site

Will the Xtreme Power 60/55 bulbs need relay?[/quote]
I have answered this is above. However I have heard people saying a good relay can squeeze more out of your bulbs. So now very sure on this one.

Last edited by devrajman : 23rd July 2009 at 09:03.
Old 23rd July 2009, 09:12   #3107
BHPian

I was thinking of getting light upgrade for Wagon R.
So i have thought of the following :
> Philips Rally H4 100/90 ( I suppose its H4 in WagonR ?)
Yes its H4 for most of the headlights. Just bulbs cost you ard Rs. 125 each
> Roots Relay & Ceramic Holder with Wiring Harness
Both would cost you ard Rs. 525
Can you tell me the approximate costs of the same in delhi so that i am not robbed .
And i hope this is all i need.[/quote]
Old 28th July 2009, 13:16   #3108
Distinguished - BHPian

Help me with my Tucson Headlights.
They are H4.
I got the Philips H4 XtremePower 55/60W bulbs but the high beam is still very weak.

What are other options?
Will Xenon/HID help? Are these legal?

I want only street legal solutions and surely do not want to cause any pain to the oncoming traffic.
Old 28th July 2009, 14:41   #3109
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
I got the Philips H4 XtremePower 55/60W bulbs but the high beam is still very weak.
Just a thought, but are your headlamps aligned/focussed properly? Sometimes a bad high beam may be due to poor focussing of the lamps. Just check that before you go for an upgrade.
Old 28th July 2009, 22:27   #3110
BHPian

upgrade for innova - no relays

I do a lot of highway driving and of late the innova lights seem dim when there are no overhead street lights.
What would be a brighter upgrade not requiring special wiring et all
( i went through the thread and have not been able to draw a conclusion)

thanks!
Old 28th July 2009, 22:55   #3111
Senior - BHPian

Genesis,

Try to source out Osram Nightbreakers; they seems to be quite good with respect to the light throw and the best part, they are 55/60 W - so, the stock watt rating. It will be just a direct change.
Old 29th July 2009, 10:07   #3112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Just a thought, but are your headlamps aligned/focussed properly? Sometimes a bad high beam may be due to poor focussing of the lamps. Just check that before you go for an upgrade.

OK.
Will try that first.
But, how to do that?

The Tucson manual has a picture that talks about all kinds of angles and geometry, but no mention of how to adjust those angles
Old 29th July 2009, 11:33   #3113
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Try to source out Osram Nightbreakers; they seems to be quite good with respect to the light throw and the best part, they are 55/60 W - so, the stock watt rating. It will be just a direct change.
+1 to that. You could also try a set of Philips Xtreme Power bulbs as well as they are of a plug-and-play set. No need for additional relays or wiring harness. There is a cost difference between them though and the Osrams are cheaper I think.
Old 29th July 2009, 11:37   #3114
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
But, how to do that?
You can get this checked at your A.S.S. They will have a manual that specifies the alignment of the headlamp beam and can check if its awry. If they are ture, then you can go for an upgrade like you earlier planned.
Old 30th July 2009, 17:05   #3115
BHPian

Swift VDi Stock Head lamp upgrade

Guys,

Before i begin let me say that after going through the thread for 2 hours straight i am thoroughly confused.
Here is my problem, on a recent trip to pune and back ( usually i am back well within daylight, strange coincidence) i got delayed, and hit the expressway at around 8 in the evening in pouring rain. i was practically blind in the night despite the FL and the HL being on. I and I alone know how i managed to drive to mumbai ( my co passengers were blissfully unaware). Till today i never realised that the HL on the swift were quite weak and frankly in Mumbai daily driving i never felt the need. But trust me the Pune trip literally opened my eyes.

Now the real issue is i hate the HID lamps people put in the swift cause quite frankly they are a menace (try being on the receiving end) and i simply hate wire cutting in my car. that completely rules out the relay and other high voltage lamps.

I want to know what are the best Bulbs that you can install in the car in STOCK form without overloading the electrics of the car (a.k.a blown fuses / melted bulb holder).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Old 30th July 2009, 18:26   #3116
Senior - BHPian

I posted these queries a couple of months ago in this thread but got no reply:
I'm not very happy with my U-VA lights. They're just about sufficient - especially on the highway.
I'm planning on switching over to Osram Nightbreakers with stock wattage.
Some simple queries:
1. How many bulbs should I change?
2. What are H4 and H7? What should I get for my U-VA? (Extremely basic query!)
3. Noone is Trichy has these lamps. I was considering buying them online from ebay or powerbulbs. Is there any way of getting them? The Chevy dealer quoted a price of 1,800 for a pair (H7) and 300 bucks for fitting them. Obviously these are way too high!
4. What is the Philips equivalent for NighBreakers?
Old 30th July 2009, 18:54   #3117
BHPian

Hi all,
Am a novice so would really appreciate your help. My gypsy has hella foglamps. There was a scrap object that broke the glass of one of the lamps while parking in a dark garage. Does this mean I have to buy a new set or is it possible to just procure glass for it? The bulb is fine, just the glass has cracked. Thanks!
Old 30th July 2009, 18:59   #3118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbehave View Post
Hi all,
Am a novice so would really appreciate your help. My gypsy has hella foglamps. There was a scrap object that broke the glass of one of the lamps while parking in a dark garage. Does this mean I have to buy a new set or is it possible to just procure glass for it? The bulb is fine, just the glass has cracked. Thanks!
You will need the full headlamp cluster i.e. the glass and the back. It is sold as a single sealed unit. Bulb you can use in the new assembly.
Old 30th July 2009, 19:04   #3119
Senior - BHPian

Not exactly the lighting query, I have a couple of questions regarding out 2005 E-III Baleno.

1) After a minor accident, the headlamps were changed. Now the focusing in meaningless. Very very short throw, in high beam the light in focussed in front of right heamlamp.
How to adjust the headlamps. I am not able to help myself. I have opened the hood only to find that there is no screw to adjust the headlight. Dealer was asked to fix the issue, but he just worsened the case.
We have atleast four 4 close shaves with major accidents till now, specially near Junagadh region.

2) Is it possible to just plonk in 100W H4 in Baleno without relay ? My main query is whether the relay is required or not. From my knowledge, it is indeed required, but I have seen quite a few cars without them running reliably.
Old 30th July 2009, 19:11   #3120
BHPian

Many Thanks vid6639. bought the gypsy recently and so will be spending more time here and really looking forward to it!

Most Viewed