Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2009, 18:45   #3151
BHPian

HID for swift fog lamp.

What would be the right HID (4300K or 6000K) for my swift fog lamp. I was recommended 6000K. This is for off raod use. Will this be the right fit.
Old 10th August 2009, 18:52   #3152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
What would be the right HID (4300K or 6000K) for my swift fog lamp. I was recommended 6000K. This is for off raod use. Will this be the right fit.
Are you planning to fit it to the stock assembly or getting yourself a projector setup for the fogs ?
Old 10th August 2009, 20:25   #3153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Ravindra- Bosch 6000k, I know bosch does not make HID kits but I bought this long time back, I am planning to put 4300k P4 for low beam and 6k for the fog lights only, what do you suggest, will 4300k low beam will be better as it is more yellowish than the other k's which are white and nothing.

I want to ensure that I am good on highway while all the high beam are on my face.

Thanks mate
Bosch does make HID lamps, perhaps they are no longer imported and marketed in India.

6000K IMHO are good only for the 'bling' factor not to drive by. As fog lamps they will be totally useless as they will cause blinding like a whiteout - the same 6000K light will be reflected back at you by the fog/rain. Between 6000K and 4300K I would go for 4300K, in fact I understand that HIDs come with lower temperatures like 3600 or 3200 K which are more yellow and give light close in colour to regular bulbs, if these were available, I would go for them.

As for blinding oncoming drivers, nothing can be more dangerous - I have seen bus drivers veer onto cars with dazzling / blinding lights. Even if not deliberate, a blinded oncoming driver is something I would not want, as he might run into me!

I suggest that the left low beam be focussed in such a manner that it lights up the path a little to the left of the car. While driving with oncoming hi-beams in your face, you can avert your eyes away from the offending light and keep them on that patch of light which will show you where the road/lane margin is.

Cheers,
Old 10th August 2009, 22:28   #3154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Are you planning to fit it to the stock assembly or getting yourself a projector setup for the fogs ?
Its is at the moment for my stock assembly, yet to find the actaul projector setup for swift.
Old 11th August 2009, 09:12   #3155
Senior - BHPian

yellow headlight

Can anybody suggest if it is street legal to use 2800K headlamps in India? how good will the illumination be compared to normal 90/100w bulb
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-sku_4386_2.jpg  

Old 11th August 2009, 11:27   #3156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Can anybody suggest if it is street legal to use 2800K headlamps in India? how good will the illumination be compared to normal 90/100w bulb
2800K is the warmth or 'temperature' of the light emitted by the bulb. 2800 is the normal temperature of Halogen or incandescent bulbs and they are perfectly legal to use. The intensity of the light depends on the wattage of the bulb and is measured in lux or lumens.

Cheers,
Old 11th August 2009, 13:59   #3157
Senior - BHPian

Looking at that bulb, it is not true 2800K. As you can see, they've colored the glass to give it that temperature. Any colored bulb, be it yellow or blue, will give out less usable light than a transparent one. If the light is truly 2800K, then it will be better to use in adverse conditions like rain or fog. They tend to be expensive, because it takes a lot more to produce 2800K light than to slap a filter on it and make it 2800K.
Old 11th August 2009, 14:13   #3158
BHPian

+1 to ImmortalZ

The bulb's picture that you have posted, is tinted, which means the temperature is rather 'forced' than natural.

This bulb (I can see it says 100/90) will be good to use under rains/fog. For normal street use, you're better off with 100/90W halogens, which are clear 3000k.
Old 11th August 2009, 14:35   #3159
BHPian

Hello People!
I'm getting the New Skoda Laura Elegance in a week's time. I'm planning to go in for HIDs on the low beam and maintain stock bulbs on the foglamps and hi beams. I drive mostly on high ways (both marked and unmarked). Avg. Speed - 140kmph. Please advice me on a good lighting set up. Looks not at all important, except that i don't want the headlight assembly to look black after a few days. Pure vision, performance an safety is what i'm looking for.
- Should i go in for higher color temperature or lower?
- someone suggested the OSRAM xenarcs
- what brands?
Please advice. Thanks.
Old 11th August 2009, 15:10   #3160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunjohnpaul View Post
Hello People!
I'm getting the New Skoda Laura Elegance in a week's time. I'm planning to go in for HIDs on the low beam and maintain stock bulbs on the foglamps and hi beams. I drive mostly on high ways (both marked and unmarked). Avg. Speed - 140kmph. Please advice me on a good lighting set up. Looks not at all important, except that i don't want the headlight assembly to look black after a few days. Pure vision, performance an safety is what i'm looking for.
- Should i go in for higher color temperature or lower?
- someone suggested the OSRAM xenarcs
- what brands?
Please advice. Thanks.
Why don't you go for Skoda OEM Xenons?
It's such a lovely car you are buying, the best way will be to borrow stuff from the car's L&K cousin.
Old 11th August 2009, 16:20   #3161

I am planning to replace all stock bulbs with white light bulbs. She's a 2005 Hyundai Getz GLS. My highway/ city driving time is split 50:50. Can someone suggest good quality white light bulbs for:
1) Headlights (Hi & Lo Beam)
2) Parking lights
3) Fog Lamps - Careful with your suggestions on this one. Heard some say getting replacement bulbs for the 2005 Hyundai Getz is difficult due to the shape of the holder or something.
4) Rear number plate lighting

Thanks.
Old 11th August 2009, 17:38   #3162
BHPian

the dealer is refusing to supply and / or fit the OEM xenons. Thats why thought, might as well look into an upgrade. Can you suggest the best lighting condition with pros and cons?
- White or Blue or Yellow?
- What brand bulbs?
- Which beam, what type of light to use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Why don't you go for Skoda OEM Xenons?
It's such a lovely car you are buying, the best way will be to borrow stuff from the car's L&K cousin.
Old 11th August 2009, 18:01   #3163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAirIntake View Post
I am planning to replace all stock bulbs with white light bulbs. She's a 2005 Hyundai Getz GLS. My highway/ city driving time is split 50:50. Can someone suggest good quality white light bulbs for:
1) Headlights (Hi & Lo Beam)
2) Parking lights
3) Fog Lamps - Careful with your suggestions on this one. Heard some say getting replacement bulbs for the 2005 Hyundai Getz is difficult due to the shape of the holder or something.
4) Rear number plate lighting

Thanks.
I can suggest; suggest you AGAINST white lights since you have 50% highway travel and need good/powerful halogens (read 100/90W or 100/130W) bulbs.

For the fogs, get a genuine HID kit - 4300k or lesser. I am uncertain about it's ease of availibility.
Old 11th August 2009, 18:23   #3164

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
I can suggest; suggest you AGAINST white lights since you have 50% highway travel and need good/powerful halogens (read 100/90W or 100/130W) bulbs.

For the fogs, get a genuine HID kit - 4300k or lesser. I am uncertain about it's ease of availibility.

Appreciate the details.
1) Can you provide me with which brand of 100/90W?
2) Can you also suggest something for the parking and the number plate lights?

Thanks.
Old 11th August 2009, 18:28   #3165
Senior - BHPian

Please don't touch Skoda electrics. They will void your warranty and if anything goes wrong, the bills will be catastrophic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks