Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2008, 10:42   #2401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
H27 come with OEM fog lamps.

i will try and find out what bulbs come in Aftermarket foglamps(that fit in the same stock slot).
Aftermarket foglamps mostly come with H3 holder.
Old 15th November 2008, 17:31   #2402
BHPian

Quote:
H27 never heard of it?
do we have any after market bulbs as in H27??
You do get H27 bulbs, since you've never heard of them, so you've never inquired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Same here. Actually which is why when I saw your earlier post, I was a bit confused. I had read earlier it was H27, and my reaction was the same as yours.
But I'm pretty sure there's someone somewhere who can figure out a way around it; I mean, after all, Jugaad IS an Indian word.
I don't think H3 and H27 bulbs can have jugaad done on them since the housing and bulb space is extremely limited. Not a very helpful suggestion Anant.

H27 bulbs are available in plenty in Kashmere Gate. Bought a pair recently for my girlfriend's accent fogs. You just need to know the right sources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
even the getz has h27. you do get some bulbs in that size.
Guess all Hyundai cars have H27 bulbs in their fogs lamps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
Aftermarket foglamps mostly come with H3 holder.
Yes they do, but Accent OEM and the OE type has H27 bulbs mostly.

@S0uljah - Thanks for pitching in bro!
Old 15th November 2008, 18:43   #2403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post

Yes they do, but Accent OEM and the OE type has H27 bulbs mostly.
All Hyundai OE fogs are either Lumax or Neolite make with H27 fitment rated at 35 Watts. Aftermarket ones are H3 (55 watts) as I have seen.

Last edited by shyamhegde : 15th November 2008 at 18:54.
Old 16th November 2008, 00:37   #2404
Senior - BHPian

Aftermarket seem to be a better option

but is the OEM switch for foglamps available separately?

@Ankit are H27 bulbs available in 55W rating?

Last edited by akshay4587 : 16th November 2008 at 00:39.
Old 16th November 2008, 02:13   #2405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
I don't think H3 and H27 bulbs can have jugaad done on them since the housing and bulb space is extremely limited. Not a very helpful suggestion Anant.
Havent really specified which bulbs I was talking about, so H3 doesnt really come into the picture. As I said, I dont know much about H27s.
Old 16th November 2008, 11:54   #2406
Senior - BHPian

The Philips Rallyeye 130/100w. The throw, spread and luminosity is outrageous. They're essentially yellow in color, and DON'T sport the 'cool' look, but if he's really into 'bright' lights, this is what he needs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikibusa View Post
Guys my friend wants to upgrade to better bulbs on his 2007 Accord. Can you all suggest few? HID's are out for the moment.
Old 16th November 2008, 13:23   #2407
BHPian

Guys i just got BOSCH HID kit fixed in my car (bulb is H7 low beam).The kit came with out the relay unit. will there be any problem with out the relay unit.
Old 16th November 2008, 20:06   #2408
BHPian

@9thsphinx : Thanks for the info dude, but what my friend is more concerned is about the blackening of the reflector. He does not want it to be affected / damaged. I mean.. are you sure that your suggested bulbs will work well and serve the purpose.
Old 17th November 2008, 02:47   #2409
BHPian

Quote:

I'm sure Hyundai A.S.S. will be able to provide that.

Will find out and post tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikibusa View Post
@9thsphinx : Thanks for the info dude, but what my friend is more concerned is about the blackening of the reflector. He does not want it to be affected / damaged. I mean.. are you sure that your suggested bulbs will work well and serve the purpose.
To be on the safe side, stick to 100/90 bulbs. They are the advisable upgrade from stock 60/55 bulbs and generally do not cause problems.
Old 17th November 2008, 10:42   #2410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aftermarket seem to be a better option

yes, @akshay H27 bulbs are available in 55W rating but its very difficult to source even 35W kits for H27/880 bulbs in india.

Check out the below linky, they ship to india also but have to check out thier shipping rates. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to confiure yoru purchase.

Infinite-LEDs & HIDs

But do note that these bulbs and reflectors are not designed to be fog lamps they are day running lamps which are a safety feature in the european cars. So they may not essentially give the throw or spread thats is expected from a dedicated fog lamp.
Old 17th November 2008, 13:21   #2411
BHPian

@ankitahuja: Thank a ton for getting my desicion to a final destination. I was thinking about the same, last night.
Old 17th November 2008, 13:22   #2412
BHPian

Headlight wiring. Need help.

Hello! I need some help with wiring my headlights. Im no electrical expert so will appreciate if someone could explain in a simple manner how I will be able to achieve my objective like...e.g. Blue wire goes to 87, black wire goes to 86 etc. Please see the image below, it pretty much explain what I want to achieve.

The left-side diagram is my current setup. The right-side diagram is what I want to achieve. I heard people has done this using relay (4 or 5 pin relay). I bought two 5 pin relay for this purpose. One for each side. The problem is, I have no idea which wire goes where.
Attached Images

Old 18th November 2008, 13:14   #2413
BHPian

Foglamps for Getz

Hi everyone.

This is my first post to the Team BHP site. I have been a regular visitor for the last 2 years but registered just today and I'm happy about that. I have observed postings from prolific travellers and wise men who have supported their views/solutions with scientific and technical details and I am sure one of you will be able to help me with my queries.
--------------------------------------------------------

I have planned to visit Ooty during christmas holiday next month. I have driven to the hills, driven to Ooty in summer but I am a bit concerned about the winter and about the foggy condition and not sure if regular lights of my Getz will be enough for driving.

I have two questions:

1. Can I upgrade head lamps alone of my car and take a chance?
2. My car does not have a foglight slot in the bumper, what is the other neat option to fit fog lamp (without making much modification to the bumper/body/lines)

Many thanks.

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags. Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.

Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th November 2008 at 13:22. Reason: Font tags and search please
Old 18th November 2008, 13:48   #2414

Headlight for GETZ

You could probably upgrade to a 100/90 Philips or Narva bulbs in the GETZ which is the same that I have in my GETZ GLS 1.3. But I would advise you to better go for the yellow bulbs than the White or Blue bulbs as these bulbs seem to loose their power in the highway or when driving in foggy conditions....Talking out of personal experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBerry View Post
Hi everyone.

This is my first post to the Team BHP site. I have been a regular visitor for the last 2 years but registered just today and I'm happy about that. I have observed postings from prolific travellers and wise men who have supported their views/solutions with scientific and technical details and I am sure one of you will be able to help me with my queries.
--------------------------------------------------------

I have planned to visit Ooty during christmas holiday next month. I have driven to the hills, driven to Ooty in summer but I am a bit concerned about the winter and about the foggy condition and not sure if regular lights of my Getz will be enough for driving.

I have two questions:

1. Can I upgrade head lamps alone of my car and take a chance?
2. My car does not have a foglight slot in the bumper, what is the other neat option to fit fog lamp (without making much modification to the bumper/body/lines)

Many thanks.

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags. Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.

Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support
Old 18th November 2008, 16:37   #2415

Hello, I wanted Hella fog lamps (white light). My budget is between 4000 to 6000. Which one is the best? Rally type. And where in Bangalore will i get a good deal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks