Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2008, 14:37   #2461
BHPian

@DInar: I had the problem in Zen with the relay after fixing 90/100 lights.
Went to a roadside mechanic when i was travelling as i could not switch-off the lights, all he did was gently tap the relay, and presto : the lights went-off.
He said there could be a loose connection in the relay.
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:25   #2462

any advice on hid?

hi guys.. needed hid conversion kit for a new honda city.. please tell me some nice brands to go for.. anyone heard of P4 and aiki Xenon ? philips is out of my range..
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:25   #2463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty2008 View Post
A reliable replacement would be Philips 100/90w Rally + Bosch or PMP Relay and wiring. Its cost me 1100rs.
Thanks a lot for the info mate
Old 4th December 2008, 10:15   #2464
BHPian

hi guys need hid kit for my fogs in verna vgt.philips n osram do not make that bulb type?what to do?dont want to risk chineese brands?have hid philips in main beam.pls help.
Old 4th December 2008, 21:20   #2465

finally got my hid

was getting a little tempted for the conversion kit.. it cost me approx 8000 after fitting .. checked from a few places and got the recommendation of aiki xenon brand its quite nice
Old 5th December 2008, 01:41   #2466
BHPian

Guys,

Dont know is this the right place to post my issue!!! for my Sierra Turbo i changed the headlights to Philips rally 120/100 W after a week it seems my both Healamp glass is cracked. Shall i need to change the watts to 100/90 or is the issue with my Headlamp assembly...
Old 5th December 2008, 11:25   #2467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
hi guys need hid kit for my fogs in verna vgt.philips n osram do not make that bulb type?what to do?dont want to risk chineese brands?have hid philips in main beam.pls help.

please help.........
Old 5th December 2008, 13:57   #2468

u might be interested in the hid i have fixed

Quote:
hi drchenish .. iv just put some hids in mine. its an indian chinese collaboration.. so i was told and i am happy with the lights.. aiki xenon is the one i have put. u might want to have a check
Old 5th December 2008, 17:12   #2469
BHPian

Which is better for swift?

Philips Rallye 100/90 + relay setup

or

Philips xtreme power + 80% (60/55)
Old 5th December 2008, 18:05   #2470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the bulbs that fit intothe verna "fog lights" are H27 / 880 configuration they are available in india last week one of our TBHP members did install 35W 6000K HIDs in his verna in blore but he tells me that it bring around a lot of glare to the other road users shoudl probably be check out his ride sometime.

Philips and Osram do make these bulbs...
Old 5th December 2008, 21:22   #2471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
the bulbs that fit intothe verna "fog lights" are H27 / 880 configuration they are available in india last week one of our TBHP members did install 35W 6000K HIDs in his verna in blore but he tells me that it bring around a lot of glare to the other road users shoudl probably be check out his ride sometime.

Philips and Osram do make these bulbs...
where in delhi can i get them and approx how much is the price?thanks
Old 5th December 2008, 21:52   #2472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadf00t View Post
Is this relay in the stock wiring? can you help me where it can be found?
It's usually along with the relays for AC and stuff, under the bonnet, cloase to the battery.
Simply follow the wire from you head lights, it will be connected to the replay itself.
Old 6th December 2008, 00:08   #2473
BHPian

Help required for Santro stock headlamp replacement

Hi
This is my first post on the forum.. I know similar queries were raised earlier & this is bit out of place in the thread.
Gurus, I need your help. I have a 2006 Santro Xing with stock light setup.
Before an interstate trip some time back, I got the so called 'fog lamps/bumper lights' fitted by the Hyundai Service guys. It's proved to be really useless, except for a bit of looks! At the best it can add to the side spread of main beam. No wonder these are referred as 'Track beams'!. I have noticed that i10 has a larger set of bumper lights but I am not too sure about their efficiency!

I want to replace the original head lamp lights. I have searched through the threads & have come across Philips Crystal/Diamond vision etc. While few really vouch for these, most of them say White/Bluish light is just for the 'looks' & are of no use on highway. Came across few posts on GE & Osram lights.
Hyundai service guys are very clear that they will not do anything that requires change in wiring/addition of relay etc.

1. What are my options if I am to stick to stock setup - i.e. max wattage bulb can i opt for without any change in wiring or relays & which brand.
2. If I am to opt for 100/90w bulbs with a relay & re-wiring thrown in, which brand & type of bulb & wiring should i go for? Is there any place in Bangalore Whitefield area where I can get genuine stuff & quality installation?
3. Finally, will a change in stock bulb mean that the beam leveling in santro becomes redundant

Please help out
Old 6th December 2008, 10:53   #2474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosh4u View Post
Hi
This is my first post on the forum.. I know similar queries were raised earlier & this is bit out of place in the thread.
Gurus, I need your help. I have a 2006 Santro Xing with stock light setup.
Before an interstate trip some time back, I got the so called 'fog lamps/bumper lights' fitted by the Hyundai Service guys. It's proved to be really useless, except for a bit of looks! At the best it can add to the side spread of main beam. No wonder these are referred as 'Track beams'!. I have noticed that i10 has a larger set of bumper lights but I am not too sure about their efficiency!

I want to replace the original head lamp lights. I have searched through the threads & have come across Philips Crystal/Diamond vision etc. While few really vouch for these, most of them say White/Bluish light is just for the 'looks' & are of no use on highway. Came across few posts on GE & Osram lights.
Hyundai service guys are very clear that they will not do anything that requires change in wiring/addition of relay etc.

1. What are my options if I am to stick to stock setup - i.e. max wattage bulb can i opt for without any change in wiring or relays & which brand.
2. If I am to opt for 100/90w bulbs with a relay & re-wiring thrown in, which brand & type of bulb & wiring should i go for? Is there any place in Bangalore Whitefield area where I can get genuine stuff & quality installation?
3. Finally, will a change in stock bulb mean that the beam leveling in santro becomes redundant

Please help out
Go to a good accessory shop/installer, ask for headlight bulb upgrade with wiring kit. Kit will consist of thick wires for the higher wattage halogen, ceramic holders, a relay etcetera. Go for a 90/100 Philips rally or some of the good brand with *normal* color temperature. It is a 30 minutes work for some one who knows the job well. The kits allow you to upgrade without having to *cut* the stock wiring.
Old 6th December 2008, 13:43   #2475
BHPian

Thanks a lot Shyam. How much will such a setup cost me?
Hope this won't void any manufacturer warranty, would it?

Hope some one could help me with suggesting a quality installer in Whitefield/Outer Ring Road/ Indira Nagar area. Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks