Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2008, 16:34   #2386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
what bulbs come with OEM Accent fog lamps?
H3 H7 or anything else?
I think 55 watts H3 comes as OEM.....
Old 12th November 2008, 17:38   #2387
BHPian

Accent does not come with H3 fogs. IIRC the bulbs are H27.
Old 12th November 2008, 17:41   #2388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
The Retrofit Source (U.S.) -- Welcome to The Retrofit Source Store - The Retrofit Source

Just thought this site could come handy for people interested in buying retrofit components!
They ship to India.
this will be one of the first goolged results , here is the low down onthe procedure...

1 . get in touch with the retrofitter
2. send him snaps of your current headlamp setup inclusive of teh harnesses
3. he will give you a quote for the job depending on you requiremenst of of having 55w kits or 35 w HIDs on dual projectors or on bixenon projectors and angel eys , light temp etc
4. Estimate for my verna was around 900 $ including shipping.
5. Half of the amount is to be paid in advance and the entire headlamp assembly inclusive of the wriing is to be couriered to the retrofitter.
6. On reciept the retrofitter will start work and will take anywhere between 2 to 6 weeks for completing this work.
7. On intimation of work completion the rest of the amount to be paid .
8. Add another week for courier back to india.....

I dropped the idea , i decided that running 140W/110W headlamp with proper wiring is good for me and in two years i have almost blackened out one headlamp, i would not flick an eyelid for replacing that with a new verna headlamp assembly for Rs 3700/- approx 79 USD.

I was comparing the throw and the spread of my 140W/110W headlights with the 35 W 5000K HID setup that run on on of brrraj's friends elantra and they seemed similar in normal weather during one of our night drives to maddur. And i bet that my halogens will have an edge over the HIDs on rainy weather. The only disadvantage being the increased load on the alternator and if you are running a high end audio system the drain on you battery .... I am also sure that the tables will be truned if the elantra decides to run a 55W 4300K or lower temperature HID kit. That would be next to insane !

But till date i havent seen or heard about any HID kit projector lamp setup for Verna Available in india.

Last edited by hellstar : 12th November 2008 at 17:45.
Old 12th November 2008, 19:11   #2389
BHPian

I have an OHC Type 1 '98 model...
can i get projection headlights for them ?!?
Old 13th November 2008, 09:50   #2390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.V.R View Post
Helllo everyone.I want to improve the lighting in my pajero .In stock it comes with 60/55 H4 bulbs and the fogs have a projector or a HID setup but not Halogens.

I have also been on the look out for a good illumination on my pajero. I bought OSRAM nightbreaker (55/60) for 1400/- and fixed them but no use . The lighting quality is bad especially with oncomming traffic you see nothing ahead. I had considered 100 watts bulbs but am worried about the burning up of the front shield . I looked at HID kit philips costing about 9000. Dont know how it will be. Now thinking of projector head lamps . will let you know as soon as I have some info. meanwhile pl keep me posted if you are able to find something good.
Old 13th November 2008, 18:27   #2391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay shekar View Post
I have also been on the look out for a good illumination on my pajero. I bought OSRAM nightbreaker (55/60) for 1400/- and fixed them but no use . The lighting quality is bad especially with oncomming traffic you see nothing ahead. I had considered 100 watts bulbs but am worried about the burning up of the front shield . I looked at HID kit philips costing about 9000. Dont know how it will be. Now thinking of projector head lamps . will let you know as soon as I have some info. meanwhile pl keep me posted if you are able to find something good.
Don't know about hid, experts will help you with that. 55/60 is a waste. Go in for 100/90 philips rallye bulbs. (300 bucks total), & a set of wires, relay will set you back by 600. c if that works for you. About the front shiled, u'll have to ask a pajero owner, or consult mitsubishi.
Old 14th November 2008, 09:36   #2392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Don't know about hid, experts will help you with that. 55/60 is a waste. Go in for 100/90 philips rallye bulbs. (300 bucks total), & a set of wires, relay will set you back by 600. c if that works for you. About the front shiled, u'll have to ask a pajero owner, or consult mitsubishi.
I asked mitshubishi and this is what they have to say,

"
We, at Customer Support Services, a customer relationship wing of HM-CCP, interact with customers, receive their feedbacks and respond to their queries & other related issues.
Regarding your query related to Pajero, kindly note that as per our specification, we can not recommend for higher wattage bulbs. Further, for connecting of remote to indicator lamps you need to fit the Security Alarm System in your vehicle through any of our dealerships which is an extra fitment.
Assuring you our best service at all times.
Our e-Mail ID is customersupport@hindustan-motors.com"

However the dealer says he has seen vehicles fitted with 90/100 bulbs without any problems. I am yet to talk to a Pajero owner for a feedback.
Old 14th November 2008, 23:51   #2393
BHPian

Unfortunately don't know anyone with a pajero, 100/90 shouldn't cause any problem, & they're good enough as well. Just ensure you get Philips rallye 100/90 & a good set of relays & wiring. Don't avoid this, may your dealer etc say anything.
Which city are you located in ?
ps- ask any owner of pajero on the forum, I'm sure they'll know more. cheers
Old 15th November 2008, 00:07   #2394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay shekar View Post
I asked mitshubishi and this is what they have to say,

"
We, at Customer Support Services, a customer relationship wing of HM-CCP, interact with customers, receive their feedbacks and respond to their queries & other related issues.
Regarding your query related to Pajero, kindly note that as per our specification, we can not recommend for higher wattage bulbs. Further, for connecting of remote to indicator lamps you need to fit the Security Alarm System in your vehicle through any of our dealerships which is an extra fitment.
Assuring you our best service at all times.
Our e-Mail ID is customersupport@hindustan-motors.com"

However the dealer says he has seen vehicles fitted with 90/100 bulbs without any problems. I am yet to talk to a Pajero owner for a feedback.
If you ask the manufacturer in writing this is what you get – no surprises here.
You can probably get the dealer to get the job done for you. And it works
Old 15th November 2008, 00:36   #2395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Accent does not come with H3 fogs. IIRC the bulbs are H27.
H27 never heard of it?
do we have any after market bulbs as in H27??
Old 15th November 2008, 01:27   #2396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
H27 never heard of it?
Same here. Actually which is why when I saw your earlier post, I was a bit confused. I had read earlier it was H27, and my reaction was the same as yours.
But I'm pretty sure there's someone somewhere who can figure out a way around it; I mean, after all, Jugaad IS an Indian word.

I just read that you were planning to put fog lamps in your Accent, so I'm guessing that you dont have fog lamps already. Why dont you scout around for an aftermarket pair? True, wont fit the housing; but its easier than looking around for H27 bulbs!!

Last edited by anantnehru : 15th November 2008 at 01:28.
Old 15th November 2008, 01:28   #2397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
H27 never heard of it?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/965496-post2.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
The h27 is another code for the '880' bulbs. I think they are low watt(27w) bulbs. Hence the name.
Old 15th November 2008, 01:29   #2398
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Same here. Actually which is why when I saw your earlier post, I was a bit confused. I had read earlier it was H27, and my reaction was the same as yours.
But I'm pretty sure there's someone somewhere who can figure out a way around it; I mean, after all, Jugaad IS an Indian word.
even the getz has h27. you do get some bulbs in that size.
Old 15th November 2008, 01:39   #2399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post

I just read that you were planning to put fog lamps in your Accent, so I'm guessing that you dont have fog lamps already. Why dont you scout around for an aftermarket pair? True, wont fit the housing; but its easier than looking around for H27 bulbs!!
H27 come with OEM fog lamps.

i will try and find out what bulbs come in Aftermarket foglamps(that fit in the same stock slot).
Old 15th November 2008, 04:51   #2400
BHPian

Guys my friend wants to upgrade to better bulbs on his 2007 Accord. Can you all suggest few? HID's are out for the moment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks