Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2009, 20:40   #2536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulBarber View Post
Can anyone give pointers to a reliable auto accessories shop in trivandrum from where I can get Philips 100/90w bulbs and a good quality relay kit for my 2006 Getz? Are there any particular branded relay kits available?
Folks, can anyone help me out here? I checked in a few auto accessories shops in Trivandrum, but none of them have 100/90 philps rally bulbs. Seems to be out of stock. Does anyone know any reliable shop in trivandrum where I can get this?
Old 1st January 2009, 21:04   #2537
Senior - BHPian

getting stuff in tvm is always tight mate. ekm is the better option
Old 1st January 2009, 23:49   #2538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
getting stuff in tvm is always tight mate. ekm is the better option
I might be going to ekm on Saturday. Can you point me to some good shops in ekm then?
Old 2nd January 2009, 23:19   #2539
BHPian

Quote:
I might be going to ekm on Saturday. Can you point me to some good shops in ekm then?
Hi there! You can try EMPEROR Accessories Shop -- they stock mainly OSRAM bulbs -- you can get 100/90 OSRAM there

The shop is located at Palarivattom

You can also try shops in Edapally -- there are plenty of car accessories shops there -- Try GENERAL MOTORS first

Hope I helped -- Cheers!
Old 3rd January 2009, 11:22   #2540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Games Goblin View Post
Hi there! You can try EMPEROR Accessories Shop -- they stock mainly OSRAM bulbs -- you can get 100/90 OSRAM there

The shop is located at Palarivattom

You can also try shops in Edapally -- there are plenty of car accessories shops there -- Try GENERAL MOTORS first

Hope I helped -- Cheers!
Thanks a lot buddy. Will check them out next time I go to ernakulam (It's Saturday and I'm still at tvm ).
Old 3rd January 2009, 12:41   #2541
Sha
BHPian

Guys anybody has purchased recently Lightforce 170 Striker lights, I need to know the cost in india and dealer in bangalore.
Old 4th January 2009, 11:22   #2542
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot buddy. Will check them out next time I go to ernakulam (It's Saturday and I'm still at tvm ).

when you go to Edapally, just make sure to go to the MODERN BREAD factory -- it is in that area that all the car accessories shops are located
Old 5th January 2009, 01:23   #2543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Games Goblin View Post
when you go to Edapally, just make sure to go to the MODERN BREAD factory -- it is in that area that all the car accessories shops are located
Sure buddy...I'll keep that in mind.
Old 5th January 2009, 12:19   #2544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
Guys anybody has purchased recently Lightforce 170 Striker lights, I need to know the cost in india and dealer in bangalore.
Not sure of 170s, but the 140s would cost you 17000 per pair inclusive of 12.5% vat. Contact details below

N K Kota
Business Head
Kumar's Automobiles & Agencies
# 16 H Siddaiah Road
Bangalore-560002, India
Mob- +91 98860 03036
Ph- +91 80 4124 8934
Fax- +91 80 2222 4669
email- kumar_polk@yahoo.co.in
Old 5th January 2009, 13:25   #2545
BHPian

Need suggestion of Headlamp Upgrade for Ford Fusion+

Hi Guys,
I need suggestions for a headlamp upgrade on my Ford Fusion+ (2005). I will be heading off on a round trip to Calcutta from Bangalore, with mostly daytime travel. But, in any case want to be geared up to face Oncoming Volvos. The original lights are great, but inadequate when you have a lit up volvo coming at you.

Let me know.
Thanx

Das
Old 6th January 2009, 05:52   #2546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
Hi Guys,
I need suggestions for a headlamp upgrade on my Ford Fusion+ (2005). I will be heading off on a round trip to Calcutta from Bangalore, with mostly daytime travel. But, in any case want to be geared up to face Oncoming Volvos. The original lights are great, but inadequate when you have a lit up volvo coming at you.

Let me know.
Thanx

Das
Hello Das
I have fitted 100/90 Philips for my Ford Fusion after changing the wiring and fitting a relay. They are adequate for night riving at moderate speeds. Recently, I fitted my Forester with OSRAM Night Breaker 55/60 costing Rs1500 a pair. They are also fine. You can fit OSRAM without changing your wiring.
Reji
Old 6th January 2009, 17:52   #2547
BHPian

Fog Lights - Zen Estillo

Requesting all light gurus to share suggestions here :-

Maruti Zen Estillo Sports has standard fog lights somewhat embedded into the bumper.

The light is low enough to ensure the front drivers see my vehicle approaching. After reading so many lighting topics /suggestions/ideas / now I feel this lighting could be made better.

Read about Phillips white/blue/halogen/blackened light fittings/over wattage/voltage/ and now i am totally confused as what i can exchange with the standard fitted bulbs.

What i want is not to tinkle anything that affects warranty in any way. Basically a simple change of bulbs perhaps without anything extra fitted ( t remain within warranty )SO can you gurus recommend me which bulbs i can fit so that i say these fog lamps are FOG LAMPS with good lighting.

So Suggestions please
Old 6th January 2009, 22:34   #2548
abk
BHPian

Porus, to be on the safer side I'd not recommend a higher wattage bulb. Assuming your Estilo's fogs don H3 bulbs you have quite a good range to choose from most worthy of which are Osram NightBreaker & Osram All Season. As far as I am aware Philips does not produce H3 in X-treme power category. You can also consider Halonix all seasons (I have vested interests in recommending as I hold shares of Phoenix lamps!). However, what you need to bear in your mind is fog lamps are essentially meant to light up the road widely in a narrow range immediately in front of the car. It is suitable for low speed driving, and as the name suggests, most effective during low visibility like fog and rain. It is best left to do its purpose and not attempt to light up too much too far. For these you have your car's headlamps.

In my OHC i have a chinese fog set which houses 2 x 55W bulb in each along with a blue pilot. Despite that, I can say the visibility wasn't too great to aid in normal high speed highway driving. But was quite effective in dense North Indian fog Though the additional pair of H3s were practically redundant i thought.
Old 6th January 2009, 23:40   #2549
BHPian

Dear Abk,

While i totally agree with you on your stated reason of fog lamps ( narrow range), but i do not understand how the narrow light would help in fog and rain. This is the main reason for my question. Current standard Fog lights are so narrow if i start the headlight ( not main beam) they would be of no use in Mumbai except for making a fashion statement being on. Practical use on highway would be null, may be on streets it would be the fashion statement.
I did see a so called halonix light bulb @ Rs:55 each/- and would prefer to keep the standard OEM stock lights rather than ever compromise on quality.

One query do the standard fog lamps prove effective in actual fog ( north as you mentioned)? is it like they prove effect in dense fog and not on street/highway in normal conditions. I mean if its supplied it must have a expected useage ?

Thank you for the recommendation. I will surely check up the street prices for Osram Nightbreaker and All season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk View Post
Porus, to be on the safer side I'd not recommend a higher wattage bulb. Assuming your Estilo's fogs don H3 bulbs you have quite a good range to choose from most worthy of which are Osram NightBreaker & Osram All Season. As far as I am aware Philips does not produce H3 in X-treme power category. You can also consider Halonix all seasons (I have vested interests in recommending as I hold shares of Phoenix lamps!). However, what you need to bear in your mind is fog lamps are essentially meant to light up the road widely in a narrow range immediately in front of the car. It is suitable for low speed driving, and as the name suggests, most effective during low visibility like fog and rain. It is best left to do its purpose and not attempt to light up too much too far. For these you have your car's headlamps.

In my OHC i have a chinese fog set which houses 2 x 55W bulb in each along with a blue pilot. Despite that, I can say the visibility wasn't too great to aid in normal high speed highway driving. But was quite effective in dense North Indian fog Though the additional pair of H3s were practically redundant i thought.
Old 7th January 2009, 16:12   #2550
Senior - BHPian

I love my OE fogs a lot more than my HLs. They're brilliant ( in both senses of the term) , and much brighter than low beam on my indica !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks