Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2009, 20:41   #2611
Senior - BHPian

Ok, totally OT here, but would like to know if it is allowed to carry car headlight bulbs in cabin luggage? Don't want the security to tell me about pressurized cabins and pressurized gas in bulb story and make me thrown he bulbs during boarding.

Any thoughts on this will be appreciate!
Old 22nd January 2009, 22:39   #2612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Ok, totally OT here, but would like to know if it is allowed to carry car headlight bulbs in cabin luggage? Don't want the security to tell me about pressurized cabins and pressurized gas in bulb story and make me thrown he bulbs during boarding.

Any thoughts on this will be appreciate!
No issues bro i had carried a set of Bosch HID kit in Hand Carry from saudi to mumbai.
If you still feel uncomfortable, wrap it in cloth and place it in center of the cargo bag.
Old 23rd January 2009, 08:54   #2613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisays0909 View Post
No issues bro i had carried a set of Bosch HID kit in Hand Carry from saudi to mumbai.
If you still feel uncomfortable, wrap it in cloth and place it in center of the cargo bag.
Thanks for the response, mate! Will go with your suggestion.
Old 24th January 2009, 14:48   #2614
BHPian

Swift Lighting

Before I begin, I would like to apologize to the mods for starting a new thread even though there is a thread for auto lighting. I do this simply because the existing thread is so vast with so many different types of vehicles and so much cross talk that it is highly confusing. I start reading about a swift and i am reading about 20 different cars in between only to like lights which i find out 2 pages later that are incompattible with the swift. So my sincere apologies, I start this thread only because I really value the info you guys have to share.

Now to my problem
I just got a call from my dealer saying that I'm getting the car coming friday so I'm just rounding up upgrade. ICE, Tyres etc all sorted. My problem is the rights. The stock lights are terrible and my office roads are very poorly lit. Half of the times I'm driving and I need to screach and brake simply because theres something in the road that the lights didn't see(I currently have a Palio 1.2 and a Logan Diesel)So I wanted to know, what are the best light upgrades on a Swift Diesel

Options
1.Philips Vision Plus/Xtreme - 65/50 Blubs - No relay
2. Other Bulbs which might fit in, change of reflector is acceptable to me as long as the light is substantially better than Vision Plus

I was very keen on HIDs but the fact is that yellow light cuts white light and all indian streets have yellow lighting, dont want to be driving blind if there is the slightest street lighting.

Thanks guys...
Old 24th January 2009, 21:31   #2615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
I was very keen on HIDs but the fact is that yellow light cuts white light and all indian streets have yellow lighting, dont want to be driving blind if there is the slightest street lighting.
I dint understand this point. Could you please explain better. Also nowadays most street lights have tube lights/white lights na ?

You could try and source 3000K HIDs. They are yellow.
Old 24th January 2009, 22:41   #2616
BHPian

Quote:
4800k HIDs would do the job very well.
Old 26th January 2009, 13:30   #2617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
I dint understand this point. Could you please explain better. Also nowadays most street lights have tube lights/white lights na ?

Well basically my biggest problem is my office area, Sewri/Wadala... all lights are yellow. Hence I'm skeptical about hids because they're ineffective in yellow lighting.
Old 26th January 2009, 13:32   #2618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
4800k HIDs would do the job very well.
Im sorry, I'm a bit unaware. Are 4800k available from Philips?
Old 26th January 2009, 17:54   #2619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Im sorry, I'm a bit unaware. Are 4800k available from Philips?
I'm sorry, I meant 4300K HIDs. I have no clue if Philips makes them but I'm sure someone will comment on it.
Old 26th January 2009, 19:14   #2620
BHPian

yes it makes them and i have installed them on my verna.great.
Old 26th January 2009, 23:39   #2621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
yes it makes them and i have installed them on my verna.great.
Yeah. Even I've checked with the area dealer regarding Philips. But currently they have only 6000K. He says junta doesn't like 4300K, hence they stock only 6000K.
Old 27th January 2009, 01:39   #2622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Yeah. Even I've checked with the area dealer regarding Philips. But currently they have only 6000K. He says junta doesn't like 4300K, hence they stock only 6000K.
Haha, let the janta gain a little more knowledge.

I have a query regarding my OHC's front indicator lights. They are 2 point, off-set bulbs (run parking and indicators - Type 1). Recently I bought this cool pair of LED bulbs for the same location.
Problem is, that the indicators start blinking very fast if I install them (like a fused bulb situation) and ofcourse, it looks bad. Is it related to the wattage of these LED bulbs and can something be done about it, like adding a resistor or something?
Old 27th January 2009, 13:59   #2623
BHPian

Does anyone know where can I source some good quality heat resisitant wire loom in delhi, to be used in the car internal wiring for lights,bulbs, etc. ?
Old 27th January 2009, 22:09   #2624
BHPian

Philips Rallye 130/100

Today, I got Philips rallye bulbs 130/100 along with Roots wiring harness and relay fitted in my Swift Ldi. No wires were cut and it took only 10 minutes for the complete installation. I am thankful to ankitahuja for sourcing the stuff for me, I owe it to you Brother.

Low Beam Stock
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-stock-low-beam2.jpg

Low Beam Philips Rallye 130/100
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-philips-low-beam.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-philips-low-beam1.jpg

High Beam Stock
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-stock-high-beam1.jpg

High Beam Philips Rallye 130/100
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-philips-high-beam1.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-philips-high-beam2.jpg

Installation was done at Batra Car Care Aka Sixth Sense. Opposite
Sec-14, Gurgaon.
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-image009.jpg

Last edited by horsepower : 27th January 2009 at 22:25.
Old 29th January 2009, 17:13   #2625
BHPian

Horsepower - Good to see the upgrade and the pics. I am also planning for the same upgrade here in Bangalore for my Innova

Checked with my Toyota Dealer and they say, they will do the upgrade. Price quoted is Rs 1400.

Some questions-
1) I hope the light is still yellow, right?
2) I hope the throw is at least as long as on the stock bulbs. Having perused this thread, looks like with many bulbs, the spread improves but the throw actually reduces!

Your comments?

BTW => Also checked with them on Sun films and 3M RE-70 film for Windows and rear windshield was quoted at Rs 5800, which looks reasonable to me

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks