Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2009, 00:21   #2671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
pardon my ignorance but cant out cut it with a blade yourself?
That can be done, but I'm looking for black color and different sizes. Sometimes its frustating when simple stuff is so difficult to get hold of.

I'm planning to organize and rewire the lighting wiring, tidy the engine bay to avoid any short circuit and loose connections.
Old 10th February 2009, 14:42   #2672
BHPian

Hi. I wanted to put HID in my Ford Endeavor Thunder.. I had a few doubts though.

1. Are aftermarket HIDs legal? Or is it necessary to be used only with projector setup? If yes, where can i get it? The car is mostly used on highways.

2. Which brand should i go for? Heard about Bosch but am afraid of duplication. Hows Philips?

3. What will be the approx price for H4 35W 4000k.

4. Where do i get it fitted in Mumbai (suburbs)? Any particular shop?

Thanks.
Old 10th February 2009, 22:09   #2673
BHPian

Hi raz

I have heard and read in this forum that, duplicates are also sold in the name of philips
Old 11th February 2009, 14:11   #2674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreenivas View Post
Hi raz

I have heard and read in this forum that, duplicates are also sold in the name of philips

I know. Thats what i am worried about. So can anyone recommend me any reliable store in Mumbai suburbs.
Old 11th February 2009, 18:27   #2675
Senior - BHPian

Use relays without higher wattage bulbs.

Several years ago, my car's dynamo was suspect, so I went ahead and fitted (Lucas) relays for the headlights. The light output went up immediately with the stock bulbs, I think they were 45/55.

After I put in an alternator in the car, I shifted to halogens (Philips or Bosch - white). I found that with proper wiring and relays the difference between 60/70 and higher wattage bulbs like the 110/120 was marginal at best. (Don't take my word for it - try it.) Thereafter I always fitted the lowest wattage halogens available in the market and saved myself problems like overheating, insulation damage, mounting damage etc. caused by the overheating that higher wattage bulbs cause.

Cheers,
Old 12th February 2009, 10:14   #2676
BHPian

I think I found some original Bosch relays

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-relay.jpg
Old 16th February 2009, 11:31   #2677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gintojacob View Post
In Trivandrum it is available with "Motor Plaza" -Automobile accessory shop at Sreekaryam, Phone no. 0471-2590023. If you need, they will do the installation also.
Thanks buddy...actually I had checked with Motor Plaza earlier...they didnt have the Philips Rally bulbs that I was looking for. Anyways I got a pair of Osram nightbreakers (60/55) installed (from a shop in Ernakulam). It's a nice upgrade from stock headlamps.
Old 19th February 2009, 14:14   #2678
BHPian

Hi guys,
Was wondering if I get 100w bulbs for my Sx4 fogs, what are the precautions I will to take with respect to relays (?) and wiring?
Thanks!
Old 20th February 2009, 14:10   #2679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Hi guys,
Was wondering if I get 100w bulbs for my Sx4 fogs, what are the precautions I will to take with respect to relays (?) and wiring?
Thanks!
If its for the OEM fog lights, I'm afraid the immense heat dissipated by the 100w bulbs might melt the holder and the reflector, as the OEM fog lights are very small. I rewired my bumper fog lights + Hella fog lights with thick gauge wires and both with seperate relays and individual fuses.
Old 21st February 2009, 00:57   #2680
BHPian

Oops. Was getting 4350k 100w bulbs, seemed like a cheaper option compared to HIDs - hate the stock fogs and my white headlights.
Are the stock fogs 35w or 55w? Most of the bulbs I found were (H8) 35w. Advice anyone?
Thanks again!

EDIT - Did you get higher wattage bulbs for your fogs or did you stick to the normal wattage?
Old 21st February 2009, 11:55   #2681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
EDIT - Did you get higher wattage bulbs for your fogs or did you stick to the normal wattage?
I did not upgrade the wattage, I replaced the Hella 550 fog lights with Hella 55W bulbs and the bumper fog lights with Halonix 55W bulbs, didn't want to overload the puny alternator.
Old 21st February 2009, 12:01   #2682
BHPian

Hmm..all right, thanks!
Old 21st February 2009, 15:51   #2683
BHPian

Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Several years ago, my car's dynamo was suspect, so I went ahead and fitted (Lucas) relays for the headlights. The light output went up immediately with the stock bulbs, I think they were 45/55.

After I put in an alternator in the car, I shifted to halogens (Philips or Bosch - white). I found that with proper wiring and relays the difference between 60/70 and higher wattage bulbs like the 110/120 was marginal at best. (Don't take my word for it - try it.) Thereafter I always fitted the lowest wattage halogens available in the market and saved myself problems like overheating, insulation damage, mounting damage etc. caused by the overheating that higher wattage bulbs cause.

Cheers,

I agree and I maybe mistaken. I installed relays for my stock headlights in my 2005 Santro and there was atleast a 20-30% improvement in the lighting.
Old 23rd February 2009, 00:50   #2684
BHPian

My humble contribution

These are the photos of my Estilo with a pair of Philips Rally 130/100 W,with ceramic holders,twin relay and appropriate wiring.
Time was about 5.30 in the evening with beams pointing towards a small house at a distance of about 100+ yrds.

Sorry for the lack of clarity as pictures were taken on a N95.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img0274a.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img0275a.jpg  

Old 1st March 2009, 21:59   #2685
BHPian

Hey guys, I'm looking to upgrade the Fog Lamps in my Swift. I was wondering which would be the most powerful fogs I can install without a cutout/relay. Basically something that will fit into the original sockets. I dont mind yellow lamp especially since yellow fogs are better than white (and the yellow would add a dash of color. cant hurt ) Need something that will make it a breeze to drive in dusty conditions and during the rain...

Most Viewed