Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2009, 18:16   #2626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
Today, I got Philips rallye bulbs 130/100 along with Roots wiring harness and relay fitted in my Swift Ldi. No wires were cut and it took only 10 minutes for the complete installation. I am thankful to ankitahuja for sourcing the stuff for me, I owe it to you Brother.

Attachment 93846
I'm glad this works for you, Mohit. Enjoy the daylight
Old 29th January 2009, 21:23   #2627
BHPian

Thanks sbhasin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhasin View Post
Checked with my Toyota Dealer and they say, they will do the upgrade. Price quoted is Rs 1400.
Rs. 1400 with Wiring Harness, Relay, bulbs and Installation is a fair price with Bill.

Quote:
I hope the light is still yellow, right?
Yes, It is yellow only.

Quote:
I hope the throw is at least as long as on the stock bulbs.
I don't see any difference in the throw except increase in the brightness, which in turn lights up the road surface brilliantly.

Quote:
I'm glad this works for you, Mohit. Enjoy the daylight
I am loving it.
Old 31st January 2009, 16:02   #2628
BHPian

Thanks horsepower for all the clarifications!

I sure do hope it does not blind the oncoming traffic in low beam, though. Otherwise it may make sense to go for Philips 100/90 bulbs
Old 31st January 2009, 16:06   #2629
BHPian

Guys, I have fixed Philips rally 130/100 to my santro with relay.. On highway while driving i realised that one bulb is emitting more light, while the one, in front of me (drivers seat) is emitting less.. I dont know whatz wrong. Check the reflectors, check the bulb holders.. Still m not able to figure out. Can anybody share anything on this??
Old 31st January 2009, 16:42   #2630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatinchoubal View Post
Guys, I have fixed Philips rally 130/100 to my santro with relay...
Did not know that Santro's head unit can take this amount of heat without damage.

Yatin, did you change the bulbs across and check?
Old 31st January 2009, 16:49   #2631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Did not know that Santro's head unit can take this amount of heat without damage.

Yatin, did you change the bulbs across and check?
I have cermaic holders for the bulbs, so i guess they can manage the heat part. ALso most of the time, i drive on low beam, as the rally bulbs instruction shows, driving on high beam, for more than 5mins, heats a lot.

But I just heard, that its always, that the bulb at the driver side emits less light than the one on the other end. Is it true?
Old 31st January 2009, 18:20   #2632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatinchoubal View Post
...But I just heard, that its always, that the bulb at the driver side emits less light than the one on the other end. Is it true?
I have not heard this before; but I do know that most cars have the right side light focused a level lower than the left side, so that it does not affect the opposite traffic.
Old 2nd February 2009, 13:12   #2633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhasin View Post
I hope the throw is at least as long as on the stock bulbs. Having perused this thread, looks like with many bulbs, the spread improves but the throw actually reduces!
Quote:
I don't see any difference in the throw except increase in the brightness, which in turn lights up the road surface brilliantly.
I have observed that there is indeed a difference in the throw, it is actually shorter than the stock. What can be the reason for this? I think time to look for more options.
Old 2nd February 2009, 13:23   #2634
BHPian

it's because the automotive law of india
it states that any rhd car should have the right side light focused a little lower than the left one

like the left hand drive in uk
Old 2nd February 2009, 13:44   #2635
BHPian

Oh, no wonder, I was guessing, why do I find my right bulb focussing a bit lower than the left bulb.
Old 2nd February 2009, 13:47   #2636
BHPian

Guys, just had been on Pune - Aurangabad trip, and trust me Phillips Rally have done their job excellent. With straight High beam lights come right across your face, from these trucks, tempos, and buses, I was easily able to glide with high beam at around 100 Km/hr.. Worth spending the money..
I was amazed as, I had been on the same roads, some months back, on stock bulbs. with Philips rally, they difference was quite noticeable.
Old 2nd February 2009, 17:51   #2637
abk
BHPian

The law, as far as I know, is universal. The driving side headlamp has a wider throw whilst the other headlamp has longish throw. By the way, UK is also right hand driving. So are most of the nations which were ruled by the British

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin View Post
it's because the automotive law of india
it states that any rhd car should have the right side light focused a little lower than the left one

like the left hand drive in uk
Old 3rd February 2009, 18:33   #2638

How much for philips HID in bombay

Hi Guys,
Where to get "GENUINE" philips HID H4 from bombay, Closer to VIRAR. Here in Ludhiana it cost about INR 7800 for 6000k including installation but the dealer doesn't have MAAL at present, and I am leaving for bombay on 5th. Other thing ludhiana guy told me was philips has stopped the production of 4300 k because of less demand (being bit yellowish) , 6000K has replaced it and it is selling like hot cakes + the kit comes directly from GERMANY. Is it true ?
Old 3rd February 2009, 21:53   #2639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
I have a query regarding my OHC's front indicator lights. They are 2 point, off-set bulbs (run parking and indicators - Type 1). Recently I bought this cool pair of LED bulbs for the same location.
Problem is, that the indicators start blinking very fast if I install them (like a fused bulb situation) and ofcourse, it looks bad. Is it related to the wattage of these LED bulbs and can something be done about it, like adding a resistor or something?
Any help on the above from the technical guys?
Old 3rd February 2009, 22:20   #2640
BHPian

safari 2.2 vtt lighting upgrades

techies , whats the best upgrade to stock safari headlights.

also add on what would you suggest on rally 4000 or light force ,
its for 4x4 safari which go into the guard or any roof lights...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks