Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2009, 03:21   #2596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altogether View Post
I had installed 100/95 bulbs in my swift. month later while driving from Kanchipura at 8:20, both were blown off .I had to drive with my fog lamps.Replacing the headlamps in swift is difficult,especially left side headlamp.Currently I have GE 100/90 bulbs. Can any one suggest me which are the riliable bulbs available to the market ?
Did you upgrade the wiring and add a relay? Which 100/90 bulbs did you install before?
Old 17th January 2009, 20:31   #2597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreenivas View Post
Hi Akshay / Bakiya

The (cutout/relay) which is missing for installation is the one which connects to the middle wire in the pic
As akshay4587 said this one is really different

i have not seen any thing like that
Old 17th January 2009, 21:48   #2598
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altogether View Post
I had installed 100/95 bulbs in my swift. month later while driving from Kanchipura at 8:20, both were blown off .I had to drive with my fog lamps.Replacing the headlamps in swift is difficult,especially left side headlamp.Currently I have GE 100/90 bulbs. Can any one suggest me which are the riliable bulbs available to the market ?
100/90s run extremely hot and it is best you carry 2 spares with you. They can also mess up your reflectors due to the heat.

I think the Swift uses H4s? Brands I prefer are Philips and Osram. Try the new "overdrive" Philips or Osram bulbs that are generally give +50% or +80% more light for the same wattage (60/55). They are more expensive than straight 100/90s but worth the money. Once again, always carry spare headlamp bulbs.

Regards,

R2D2
Old 17th January 2009, 22:44   #2599
BHPian

Hey guys,
I have installed a Philips Rally 130/100 W, with relay. It also has ceramic holders. I m planning for a long tour. But Im worried, now, if the lights will blow off, due to excessive heat.

Can somebody please give me advice on this.
Old 17th January 2009, 22:56   #2600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatinchoubal View Post
Hey guys,
I have installed a Philips Rally 130/100 W, with relay. It also has ceramic holders. I m planning for a long tour. But Im worried, now, if the lights will blow off, due to excessive heat.

I had told you to go for HID's
Neways with the relay in place, you need not worry.
And as always i have said carry a set of spare bulbs in your car.
Even after having HID's i carry a set oh bulbs with me and enough tools to easy the changing job.
Old 17th January 2009, 23:46   #2601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatinchoubal View Post
Hey guys,

Bulbs will not blow however reflector may get damaged. You should install fog lamps which you can switch to in certain intervals letting main headlamps cool down. Also there must be a main fuse (30 Amp) attached with your headlight relay / wiring. Carry one or two as spare of these.
Old 18th January 2009, 00:16   #2602
Senior - BHPian

OSRAM Super bright (Bilux H4 off-road).

any one heard of OSRAM Super bright (Bilux H4 off-road).
its 130/90. Costs 175 each in Mangalore

Tried searching in forum about this but no feedback available.

Any one using same please provide me feedback on bulb life.

Thank You

Regards,
Ravi
Old 18th January 2009, 16:10   #2603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Hi Fountainheader: I just managed to see your post here, and apparently, there is a coincidence.

I am just informed that my Fabia's projector lamps cannot accomodate H4 bulbs. I purchased a Philips Xtreme Power [80% more light] light pack just before I got the car.

I paid Rs.754/- here in Bangalore, purchased with bill from AK Traders [famous for lighting products in B'lore].

I am planning to try getting it changed with any H7 bulbs, provided I manage to find one. If not, I am planning to sell them off. The box is still unopened.

If you are interested, let me know. I will be coming to Chennai on the 31st, and you can pick it up from me, on the same day, if you wish to. [a bit of note though: i will unfortunately not be in a position to drive to a location for handing over].

Thanks... aK
Ajay,
Nice to hear that we also getting Philips Xtreme Power [80% more light] light pack in Bangalore at AK Traders. Even I am looking for H4 Philips Xtreme Power for my Verna. I will be very thanks full if you share the address and phone numbers of AK Traders.
..Ravi
Old 18th January 2009, 17:02   #2604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjNik View Post
Guys some suggestions please.
Go for 80W, i dont think u will require, relays and other stuff..
Old 18th January 2009, 19:17   #2605
Senior - BHPian

Noticed a 'Gold ion Lamp' on the rack with 100/90 rating (H4). So brought it.

No idea how much different it is from the Philips 100/90 that I have now in my Alto now. Will have to wait to try it on next week when I plan to get back to India for few days.

Also noticed a xeon bulb rated 100/90, but with my previous experience with those, did not get them, even though I was tempted.

Here is a photo of the box (best shot I got!):

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-image007.jpg

Last edited by HappyWheels : 18th January 2009 at 19:19.
Old 19th January 2009, 11:14   #2606
BHPian

hi

i had installed a HID kit in the fog lamp setup of my NHC
but the thing is it was attached to the parking lights wires. So on and off the fuse got blown as it was only 10amp. now my question is to replace it with a heavier fuse or get a seprate wiring done for the fog lamp HID.

any help would be appreciated

thank you,
JAXY
Old 19th January 2009, 12:56   #2607
BHPian

Jaxy - Get a separate wiring and switch for the HID fogs AND replace the blown fuse with the original recommended wattage (10 amp).
Old 19th January 2009, 16:16   #2608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjNik View Post
Guys some suggestions please.
TRY OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER 60/55 or Philips X-treme no need for any modification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
A friend of mine has OSRAM 60/55 halogen bulbs on his Getz
he is not satisfied with the set up.
I suggest that do in for 100/90 bulbs.
Are these NIGHT BREAKER?
Old 22nd January 2009, 11:19   #2609
BHPian

HID replacements for H4 lamps in Bangalore

Hello,

Does anyone know vendors in Bangalore to pick Philips HID H4 replacement bulbs / kits ?

I prefer to deal with reliable folks as most of the "Philips HID" in the market are fake and the dealers when confronted say this is what they get and they don't if they are genuine

Thanks

Sateesh
Old 22nd January 2009, 17:58   #2610
BHPian

Hi,

You can try procuring it from the Phillips Dealer at JC road 3rd cross, I think it is called as AK traders,

Rgds
Shrini

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Hello,

Does anyone know vendors in Bangalore to pick Philips HID H4 replacement bulbs / kits ?

I prefer to deal with reliable folks as most of the "Philips HID" in the market are fake and the dealers when confronted say this is what they get and they don't if they are genuine

Thanks

Sateesh

Most Viewed